Hot Take Tuesday | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hot Take Tuesday

It’s a journey, he’s 22 years old, I’m gonna give him some room to breathe and improve..

Whatever he does wouldn't keep me from diving into the QB class next year, and if he does improve, that only gives us leverage, so it’s all good..

However, I would like to know why the 2nd smartest guy in the room isn’t the first guy in and the last guy to leave..

Finheaven is already an asylum:

“We need a new quarterback every year until we fin Him”

“I hate this guy. He hasn’t won a game yet”

I swear to G-d, if the internet existed in the 80s, this forum would be filled with Marino hate.

Rosen will be the starter week one of the regular season.

Yeah, I said it. Fight me... :lol:
Hah! Well I gotta say @finomenal I always liked your style!

When everyone turned over a new leaf right after we acquired Rosen and declared him the next "answer" at QB … I said we'd be fools to start him over Fitzmagic and that if we did, we'd clearly not be starting the best player for the position and it just might undermine his position with the players who believe we're going to play the best at every position. I also said it might pull the rug from under young Rosen's confidence to start him before the rest of the team learns the offense.

I'm comfortable standing by my prediction. The funny thing is … when I said it, it was a hot take, but now I'm guessing it no longer qualifies. Still, I'm sticking with my analysis and predictions. :-)

Josh Rosen's ceiling is Ryan Fitzpatrick.

I don't have 3 years to see if this guy has it. I want a guy who is undeniably a great quarterback and Josh Rosen is not that.

Everyone crying about Rosen not starting needs to realize that Fitzpatrick will play most of the season and Rosen will get his turn to spell him if/when he gets injured.

I will give him more time but that time is running out.

Baker Mayfield didn't struggle like this in camp for the Browns last year against Tyrod Taylor. Everyone could see he could hold his own. Why is that not evident here?

I think we know why ladies and gentlemen... Because Rosen is not, and has not shown the capability of being, a franchise quarterback.

Last edited:
Hah! Well I gotta say @finomenal I always liked your style!

When everyone turned over a new leaf right after we acquired Rosen and declared him the next "answer" at QB … I said we'd be fools to start him over Fitzmagic and that if we did, we'd clearly not be starting the best player for the position and it just might undermine his position with the players who believe we're going to play the best at every position. I also said it might pull the rug from under young Rosen's confidence to start him before the rest of the team learns the offense.

I'm comfortable standing by my prediction. The funny thing is … when I said it, it was a hot take, but now I'm guessing it no longer qualifies. Still, I'm sticking with my analysis and predictions. :)

I think Flores is saying all the right things because he wants Rosen to earn it. He also doesn't want to lose the respect of the locker room. The players will know who should be starting. They won't like the idea of sacrificing their bodies every week while having less of a chance to win (in their minds, that is).

Joy Taylor and Cowherd pretty much summed it up today.

Hey Miami, what are you waiting for...???

Back
Top Bottom