How can we clear cap space | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How can we clear cap space

Puffboy(ricky) said:
for Simon and not Surtain?

a good way to make some cap space is to remove some of that big head of yours.
:rofl3: < this looks like my dog while scratching his back on the living room floor.

I thought that I read somewhere that the were "re-setting" the caps in 2006 to let teams start over with a fresh slate...that was part of the original salary cap agreement. Can anyone confirm?

what is it, i would really really really like to know, dunno if your smilie at the end is good news....

Clumpy said:
I presently have Miami about $6 million under but that will change once the final cuts come. I do not believe Miami needs to do much to clear cap space other than releasing a player or two and just include them in the cut down to the final 53 man roster

Cap page update soon :foundout:

I have us at $5.425 million under the cap as of today . But the numbers were $2 million high in April when Clayton gave his last update.

Clumpy said:
Just wait until y'all see 2006 cap situation :D

Thats what I am worried about.If we were a SB contender I could understand robbing Peter to pay Paul but just about the time we will be a playoff contender we will have to trade or get rid of top notch players we need to get over the top because they are too big of a hit on the cap.

Clumpy said:
But to answer the question, Miami can cut a few players like D. Thompson or do a simple restructure of Booker to free up additional cap space.
Jason Cole was saying on the radio that they could restructure JT's contract.

Back
Top Bottom