How can we clear cap space | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How can we clear cap space

what does that mean Clump?......"just wait until we see the 06 cap situation" Does this mean that we are in a cap hell for next year? Even if it does, we'll of course find a way to fix it (i.e.: release Seau, Feeley, Howard, restructure Madison, Thomas, Taylor, etc.)

Clumpy said:
Just wait until y'all see 2006 cap situation :D
you're smiling so, i have to ask, is it going to be good or bad for us?

David bowens at 2 mil could be cut and holliday could be moved back to DE. Booker makes big bucks 3 mill a year.

FinaticPatch said:
David bowens at 2 mil could be cut and holliday could be moved back to DE. Booker makes big bucks 3 mill a year.

Bowens back's up Taylor. He is the only back up to Taylor.

Well if we just traded Howard and restructured Madison's contract we would have a lot more space

Clumpy said:
I've seen numbers all over the place. Signing bonus from $10-16 million and a 5 yr deal for as high as $34 million.

Right now, he and his agent are overpricing the market. I would expect a deal that has guaranteed money spread out over a couple of yrs. Not all up front cuz signing bonuses can only be spread out for 5 yrs.

I'll predict he'll get a long term deal but it will likely be structured more like a 1 yr deal. That is, he will get up front money and a huge 2006 roster bonus to force a re-working or his release

I presently have Miami about $6 million under but that will change once the final cuts come. I do not believe Miami needs to do much to clear cap space other than releasing a player or two and just include them in the cut down to the final 53 man roster

Cap page update soon :foundout:

Interesting, Im waiting for the cap update page.

WharfRat said:
you're not suggesting we cut Booker..... are you? :huh:

restructure?

Not worth the money he is getting and I doubt any team in the NFL would give him 3mil if he wanted to test the waters.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
Bowens back's up Taylor. He is the only back up to Taylor.

That would give us Taylor Carter Holliday and Roth. Cause Holliday is beetter as a big DE than a small DT ala Kevin Carter.

Clumpy said:
Just wait until y'all see 2006 cap situation :D

Yea I cant wait to see Brown's cap number, Madison, Howard, JT, and ZT's.

JT and ZT are in very very backloaded contracts. We get killed the more they play. Howard goes up another million, Madison stays the same, Feeley goes up 3 million...... theres more but those guys are the big ones.

Chester better retire also cause his salary triples in his final year. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom