How can we clear cap space | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How can we clear cap space

:rofl:

Seriously, Fins 2006 cap picture is probably the best in the AFC East. We will leave it at that for now. Too early to give accurate numbers

finmann said:
Do we really want to do this? do we really want to overpay for this guy.This is not worth it, we can pick up someone in the draft next year.

next year we'll be focusing on a lot of positions. to get one out of the way wouldn't be a bad idea.

next year we could be in the need for:

QB (definitely)
TE (if we don't resign mcmichael, which i think is 50/50)
LT (likely)
Ce (whether early or late in the draft or FA, maybe)
DT (if we don't get one now, we'll always be looking to improve the DT situation in my opinion, until someone stands up as the golden boy)
LB (youth movement)
CB (dependent on Mitchell, and Poole)
Sa (Shulters contract ends, and depth/overall talent is thin)

Clumpy said:

Seriously, Fins 2006 cap picture is probably the best in the AFC East. We will leave it at that for now. Too early to give accurate numbers

and to think, the PA and owners still have to agree on a CBA. if it's not, and there's no cap next year, wouldn't that figure. :tongue:

Clumpy said:

Who are you, what have you done with the bitter and mean Clump?!

:lol:

Clumpy said:

Thanks Clumpy, that makes me :biggrin:

Philter25 said:
Yea I cant wait to see Brown's cap number, Madison, Howard, JT, and ZT's.

JT and ZT are in very very backloaded contracts. We get killed the more they play. Howard goes up another million, Madison stays the same, Feeley goes up 3 million...... theres more but those guys are the big ones.

Chester better retire also cause his salary triples in his final year. :lol:

Yeah, Feeley is as good as gone, because of his contract.

bakedmatt said:

unless he becomes the starter and puts up good numbers.

he will restructure then if saban wants ot keep him long term

bakedmatt said:

Yup unless he's puts up an 80+ QB rating...but he'd have to win the starting job for that first.

I'm definately interested in the current and next year's cap #'s. Next years will be interesting because that will be before any cuts whatsoever and is an excellent marker as to where the team will be.

Clumpy said:

Awesome man. Thanks for the info. :up:

Back
Top Bottom