Votes: 40 33.9%
  • A pretender, not a contender

Votes: 19 16.1%

• Total voters

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
The AFC is so up for grabs. All the top teams seem to have major problem areas.

Kansas City, as an example, has absolutely no defense yet they are considered a top contender due to an explosive offense.

So, where are the Dolphins? Are they a contender or a pretender? I'm honestly not sure. Maybe the next several weeks will determine that. At 6-2, if Miami can get there you'd have to feel pretty good.

I ask this for a couple of reasons. One is that its simply hard to gauge the team and the league. Also, the trade deadline is coming up and names like Patrick Peterson are being thrown out there.

Is Miami close enough that a major addition could push them over the top?

Kansas City, as an example, has absolutely no defense yet they are considered a top contender due to an explosive offense.

So, where are the Dolphins? Are they a contender or a pretender? I'm honestly not sure. Maybe the next several weeks will determine that. At 6-2, if Miami can get there you'd have to feel pretty good.

I ask this for a couple of reasons. One is that its simply hard to gauge the team and the league. Also, the trade deadline is coming up and names like Patrick Peterson are being thrown out there.

No trades please. We need to keep all draft pics. We’ll need to draft a QB. Let’s see how Brock does the next 6 days to see if he and the Oline perform like they did this past Sunday or if it was an aberration. I don’t think giving up what we would have to for Peterson would put us over the top. JMO

We're still a few players away.
On defense we need another pass rushing DE
We can also use another corner so that Minkah can be a full time FS
On offense we need a big WR since we can't count on Parker
We also need at least one or two guys up front
But the main thing is we can forget going deep in the playoffs till we have our QB situation settle.
We're not real far if we can bring in the right kind of players.

Pats will win the East
Chiefs/Chargers
Bengals/Ravens/Steelers

Dolphins battle for a wildcard but probably don't make it this year.

Until we find a franchise QB...we are going to pretend to be a playoff team.

I originally thought the conference was up for grabs and weak but I’m not so sure now. NE, KC, Cin, Bal, Pit and LA look pretty good. The next bunch is Jax, Hou, Cle and Us. It’s more crowded than I thought. I think the WC’s will come down to whoever doesn’t win the North, LA, Us and maybe Houston or Jax. I don’t believe in Ten at this point but things change.

I chose fringe playoff team. I think we’ll be in the mix in December unless Brock implodes and we don’t get Ryan back. Not sure we make it though. Sweeping the Jets and Bills is key.

They are a franchise QB away from being a SB contender
The phins have a better roster than the Pats
Trade Brady for RT and the phins are the best team in the AFC and the pats are lucky to win 9 games

Trade Brady for RT and the phins are the best team in the AFC and the pats are lucky to win 9 games

I don’t agree. We have better tackles on the OL, they have a better interior. They have the best TE and probably best TE room. Our RB’s are close and Gordon and Edelman our better than our outside guys and slot.

Defensively, our edge rushers are better, but Flowers is good and the interior is about a push. Our LB’s are more athletic but there’s are more experienced right now so I’d give them the nod. Tough to choose between Mcourty/Chung and Jones/MacDonald and even CB’s are close to a push if you cancel out Gilmore with Howard. Overall NE is better.

The lack of football knowledge is amazing. Unless we are getting about half their players and coaching staff as well this nonsense

Back
Top Bottom