How Close Are We to a Super Bowl | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Close Are We to a Super Bowl

When will we be in the Super Bowl

• Total voters
I think they can possibly get there by 2024 if Tua turns into a top 10 QB and the young players develop into at least above average starters. Of course right now they are still just trying to make the playoffs and the young players have to continue to develop.

Hopefully they will make the playoffs this coming season and will continue to grow as a team over the next few years. If the young players, including Tua don’t take a giant step up in the next two seasons, my vote would change to, “not in my lifetime’“. Because at my age, I don’t know how many more seasons I have left.

What year do you believe we will be in a Super Bowl?

To state the obvious, every year the fans of the top 5-6 teams think 'their' team will get to the next SB. Only fans of 2 teams are right. In Miami's case, they haven't been to a playoff in a while and, although most fans have turned optimistic about the future, there are still a lot of things that need to come together. If everything goes optimistically, Miami should have a shot in 4-5 years. If things go amazingly well, 3 years. If less that hoped, who knows.

If it's hosted in Miami again ... very close.

Legitimate question. I'd say we're not a Super Bowl contending team until we can prove these things:
1. Our defense can generate a pass rush consistently without Van Noy/Lawson
2. Our defense can generate takeaways when Xavien Howard is injured
3. Our offense can produce points consistently both when we're ahead and when we're behind.
4. Our QB can make the large jump up to becoming a top 15 QB
5. Our locker room has enough leaders to rally our spirt when we suck and rally our game when one side of the ball lays an egg.

Until we have those things, we're not in the conversation. Right now we're a Fabergé egg, we look pretty, but we cannot stand up to the pressure. Media love a success story, but they love a tragedy even more. While they're touting us as the great new thing right now ... they'll turn on us if we can't prove those 5 things. The team's not there, and every team is on a clock. This year we need at least 10 wins.

If we prove those 5 things this year, we'll be a contender in 2022.

Back
Top Bottom