How come nobody is second-guessing Fiedler? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How come nobody is second-guessing Fiedler?

I think Jay has enough in him to win, the problem is the defense has to step it up on the road. K.C. Minny, and the Pats. I mean damn, Jay led the offense to 30 points in Kansas City. We had an 11 point lead going into 5 minutes of the 4th in New England.

We win those two games, guess what, we have a first round bye, and are sitting pretty for the postseason.

I would love a Chad Pennington, or Michael Vick...and we should look to draft a QB if one is available this year. However Jay isn't the real problem with this team...it's a defense that forgets how to play on the road.

Originally posted by LeftCoastPhin
I'm not saying Fiedler cant win the SB, but he has shown me nothing that makes me think he can.

He led us to 24.1 points a game on offense when he did play. Now imagine if Chambers would grow up and we could get a viable 2nd WR option. Plus McMicheal should hopefully get even better to the point where we can use him more consistently.

Fiedler fan but!!

I've always been a Fiedler supporter however while I was watching Tommy Maddox and Kelly Holcomb TEAT IT UP on Sunday it got me thinking. These are not 2 of the best QB's in the NFL and look what they were doing. They were puting up points and yardage galour. I'm sorry but I just can't imagine Fiedler or our offense being able to perform like the Steelers and Browns did in the passing game. If Maddox and Holcomb are average and doing that What is Jay?

The Browns and the Giants defenses' pulled a Miami (that is what i am naming it now). Both those teams offenses did enough to win, it was the defensive collapse that killed them. Maddox, Holcomb, Fiedler...all in the same catagory IMHO.

Re: Fiedler fan but!!

Originally posted by Z28&dolfan
I've always been a Fiedler supporter however while I was watching Tommy Maddox and Kelly Holcomb TEAT IT UP on Sunday it got me thinking. These are not 2 of the best QB's in the NFL and look what they were doing. They were puting up points and yardage galour. I'm sorry but I just can't imagine Fiedler or our offense being able to perform like the Steelers and Browns did in the passing game. If Maddox and Holcomb are average and doing that What is Jay?

Ya it helps to have Kevin Johnson/Quincy Morgan and Plaxico Burress/Hines Ward.

Compare that to Chambers/Gadsden errr Carter......errr McKnight....errr

All I have to say Fiedler is not the problem and receivers aren't making plays(getting open).Lets take a look at Chand Pennington situation with the Jets.What makes him so good?Well let see he doesn't have a strong arm and Fiedler might have stronger arm than him but Pennington is very accurate.Pennington doesn't try to force balls downfield and he is a very smart QB.Wanstead needs to figure out that he can't handcuff the offense in the second half.

Good feedback. I dont buy the excuse that Fiedler doesn't have the weapons to produce. Williams, Konrad, Chambers, McMicheal, and McKnight are pretty damn good weapons for a QB.

Re: Re: Fiedler fan but!!

Originally posted by VanDolPhan
Ya it helps to have Kevin Johnson/Quincy Morgan and Plaxico Burress/Hines Ward.

Compare that to Chambers/Gadsden errr Carter......errr McKnight....errr

Just look at their back ups for both teams.I'll take northcut over any of the Dolphins Wr except Chambers.

Good feedback. I dont buy the excuse that Fiedler doesn't have the weapons to produce. Williams, Konrad, Chambers, McMicheal, and McKnight are pretty damn good weapons for a QB.

The Dolphins offense was rolling before Fiedler injury and they were scoring 30 pts per game.Dolphins offense ranked in the top 5 because players were making plays like Mcmichael,chambers, and Gadsen.When Fiedler cameback the receivers weren't getting any seperation and McMichael was invisible over the middle making it more difficult for our receivers on the outside.Only one who stepped up was Ricky Williams .

Last edited by a moderator:
To bad Fiedler cant hit the broad side of the barn 1/3 of the time, especially on 3rd down.

He is just to inaccurate....

Pennington is awesome because he is dead on balls accurate.

Yes, they were rolling but a season is 16 games not 6. It is true the receivers were not as effective getting open, the blame is everywhere. That still does not take away that Fiedler misses more than his share of easy throws.

To bad Fiedler cant hit the broad side of the barn 1/3 of the time, especially on 3rd down.

He is just to inaccurate....

Pennington is awesome because he is dead on balls accurate.

umm Did you know before injury Fiedler was best rated qb in third downs? He ended in the top five in the category at end of the season.DOn't you knwo one of Fiedler best assets is that he is very accurate withing 15 yards? Like I stated Fiedler is not the problem .

Stats are very, very misleading. Don't you remember the countless times he misfired a wide open receiver?? I'm not saying he's the biggest problem, or the whole problem, but he is part of the problem and not the solution.

Stats are very, very misleading. Don't you remember the countless times he misfired a wide open receiver?? I'm not saying he's the biggest problem, or the whole problem, but he is part of the problem and not the solution.

I don't remember "countless time" ...I'm not saying Fiedler should remain here for the rest of his contract but the upcoming season should tell us more about Fiedler.RIght now I don't see why anyone could say Fiedler is the problem..

Last edited by a moderator:
Beings the lack of any better options, I'm more than willing to give Fiedler another chance. I give him 40% chance of success next year.

It just irks me that fans think he is beyond reproach. It's a team game and Fiedler among many others did not step up enough to help the team win. He is the QB so he deserves a lot of the blame.

Back
Top Bottom