How did Ahmad Brooks' workout go? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How did Ahmad Brooks' workout go?

DefensiveEnd#76

Football Guru
Reaction score
Apparently he was suppose to work out for NFL teams today and meet with the Dolphins and Nick Saban soon. I was just wondering if anyone has heard anything yet on how he did at the workout today.

Tbone13tx said:
What pick do we have in supp. draft?

Any team can submit whatever round pick they want to submit. I suspect that we would need to submit our 2nd round pick to be able to get Brooks.

DefensiveEnd#76 said:
Any team can submit whatever round pick they want to submit. I suspect that we would need to submit our 2nd round pick to be able to get Brooks.

we have all ready trade that pick

yo_spiderweb said:
we have all ready trade that pick

next years second... i havent seen this guy play so i cant judge how much he's worth but i can say that a 2nd round pick is very high to put into the supplemental draft.

DefensiveEnd#76 said:
Apparently he was suppose to work out for NFL teams today and meet with the Dolphins and Nick Saban soon. I was just wondering if anyone has heard anything yet on how he did at the workout today.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9447397

Gil Brandt update:

Brooks held a workout for pro scouts on June 22 at the University of Virginia. On a 96-degree day and the heat index up at 110, Brooks ran on AstroTurf and worked out on grass that was dried-out. Bengals linebacker coach Ricky Hunley conducted the workout. There were representatives from 31 teams at the workout, with only the Vikings not in attendance. Mike Nolan from the 49ers was the only head coach there. He was joined by San Francisco VP of player personnel Scot McCloughan. Brooks will work out for the 49ers at their place for two days next week. Randy Mueller of the Dolphins, Mike Murphy from the Cowboys and Calvin Branch from the Raiders were also there. Brooks lost 32 pounds in 10 weeks (he was measured at 6-foot-3, 260 pounds) and passed five drug tests in the last 10 weeks. He ran three times, timed at 4.68, 4.75 and 4.74 in the 40, with 10-yard splits of 1.53, 1.58 and 1.58 and 20-yard splits of 2.73, 2.75 and 2.75. His arm span measured 33½ inches and his hands measured 9½. He had a 32-inch vertical jump, a 9-foot-8 long jump, a 4.43 short shuttle, an 11.84 long shuttle, a 7.43 three-cone drill and 19 benches. The conditions were not really good, just average.

The PFT rumormill (www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm) has a take on it too. [EDIT: fixed the link]

NoblePhin said:
next years second... i havent seen this guy play so i cant judge how much he's worth but i can say that a 2nd round pick is very high to put into the supplemental draft.

The fact that it's a supplemental draft shouldn't matter. If there's someone in the draft talented enough to use that pick on, you strongly consider it.

Those are not great #'s from his workout at all. Right now he is getting alot of hype but he is no 2nd rder with those #'s. That is slow and the fact he just lost 32 lbs just to get to 260 would scare me alot. He seems like a mid to late rder to me because of potential but he carries alot of risk.

Boy i hope we are able to get him. I would be so excited. I would celebrate just like i did Tuesday night.:wink::dolphins:

endorPHINS72 said:
That sounds like a good workout to me. I'd love to have him if we could get him for a 3rd round pick, but that probably won't happen.

How are those good #'s? 4.75 for a lb today is slow! 19 reps for a guy who is supposed to be a monster middle lb guy at 260 lbs. That's sad - we have db's doing more than that. Not strong & slow - with a bad reputation - I don't see the need or the fit.

b_hjelmeland123 said:
Boy i hope we are able to get him. I would be so excited. I would celebrate just like i did Tuesday night.:wink::dolphins:

did you finally get that Razor scooter you've been asking for?

as for Brooks, those are not the best numbers in the world, but that doesn't mean he isn't a talent, look how Manny droped last year after a poor workout. (cred CK for the Manny refrence in another thread but, it did come to mind when I was reading Brooks numbers)

Back
Top Bottom