How did Ahmad Brooks' workout go? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How did Ahmad Brooks' workout go?

i would think the most we'd spend in the supplemental is a 4th and only if its really worth it. I see us going after Berryman or Dixon we need another young
LB... hopefully these guys are available late or after the draft.

I think we should use the pick that we are conditionally giving the lions next year. If brooks is gone for that pick then get the next best guy Dixon or Berryman. That way we can screw the lions and Matt for being a jerk (at least make em wait another year to get the pick). As well as getting a young player with talent.

Mr772 said:
I think we should use the pick that we are conditionally giving the lions next year. If brooks is gone for that pick then get the next best guy Dixon or Berryman. That way we can screw the lions and Matt for being a jerk (at least make em wait another year to get the pick). As well as getting a young player with talent.
Remind me to stay on your good side.

HysterikiLL said:
A lot of people have this "save the picks" mentality. The only real basis is that they enjoy the excitement of the draft more when we have more picks. If we draft a guy in the supp., he's a draft pick IMO regardless of what exact date we drafted him.

The downside comes from losing a certain amount of ammunition if there was someone worthy of a trade-up. But you can't forsake a possible bargain or impact player because of it. if you can get someone in the Supplemental draft that fills a need and has a chance to be a real player, you have to strongly consider it.

Mr772 said:

Which one? The 5th or the 6th?

Raiders | Team attends Brooks workout
Fri, 23 Jun 2006 06:15:16 -0700
Matt Maiocco, of the San Francisco Press Democrat, reports the Oakland Raiders attended the workout of supplemental draft entry LB Ahmad Brooks Thursday, June 22. If the Raiders were to select Brooks in the supplemental draft they would forfeit their first-round selection in the 2007 draft.

What's the deal with that? Do the Raiders only have one pick in next years draft? Or it is an Al Davis rule: Any supplemental player costs the Raiders a 1st?

hof13 said:
Raiders | Team attends Brooks workout
Fri, 23 Jun 2006 06:15:16 -0700
Matt Maiocco, of the San Francisco Press Democrat, reports the Oakland Raiders attended the workout of supplemental draft entry LB Ahmad Brooks Thursday, June 22. If the Raiders were to select Brooks in the supplemental draft they would forfeit their first-round selection in the 2007 draft.

What's the deal with that? Do the Raiders only have one pick in next years draft? Or it is an Al Davis rule: Any supplemental player costs the Raiders a 1st?

i think they just screwed up. This is probably going to confuse alot of people also.:shakeno:

b_hjelmeland123 said:
i think they just screwed up. This is probably going to confuse alot of people also.:shakeno:

Yes, KFFL screwed up. From the original source:

"If the 49ers or Raiders use their first pick on Brooks, that team would forfeit its first-round selection in the '07 draft."

http://www1.pressdemocrat.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?Category=BLOG11

And it's the Santa Rosa Press Democrat - not the San Franscisco...

Dolphins | Team attends Brooks' workout; meets with him later
Sat, 24 Jun 2006 05:33:40 -0700
Jason Cole, of the Miami Herald, reports <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/22/nfl">Miami Dolphins general manager Randy Mueller and director of college scouting Ron Labadie were among those who attended Virginia LB Ahmad Brooks' workout Thursday, June 22. Mueller and Labadie met with Brooks after the workout. Also, the Dolphins sent Brooks to Michigan last week to meet with Lon Rosen, a psychologist and longtime friend of Dolphins head coach Nick Saban, agent Greg Williams said Friday, June 23. Rosen does character research on players for Saban. Williams also said he presented information showing that Brooks has passed drug tests taken on a regular basis over the past two months. Williams acknowledged that Brooks had ''issues'' with drug use during college. According to two sources, Brooks failed multiple drug tests for marijuana use during college.

Back
Top Bottom