how do new FA deals for other players impact Landry and Jones | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

how do new FA deals for other players impact Landry and Jones

I don't think it sounds bad. The bigger issue is the cumulative effect of Jones' contract with Landry's and Suh's and Thomas' and Pouncey's. Is Miami's cap managable paying big money to these players and also signing a good FA guard as well as projecting who on the roster is next in line to get paid?

Yeah... I mean, you publicly offer him the extension, which at $10mil/per is approx 20% less than Berry (which is the combination of a hometown discount and obviously considering the fact that he is the inferior player). He will turn it down 100% for sure, but the Dolphins don't look *so* bad because they did try to extend their own. $2-3mil here or there ends up being the difference between trotting out guys like Paysinger in base formation during crunch time and having someone there who actually knows what they're doing. Football is a tough sport, depth depth depth is key!!!!!!!

Sign Landry long term, franchise tag Reshad Jones when contract is up. Cut ties after.

Sign Landry long term, franchise tag Reshad Jones when contract is up. Cut ties after.

If you're looking ahead 2 years from now and definitively plan to let him go, then the ONLY way this plan makes sense is if you absolutely plan to win the Superbowl in the next two years. If you don't think we *realistically* will win in the next 2 years, you make a decision on Reshad Jones now - extension this year assuming all goes well or trade him for a couple of picks.

If you are planning to let Jones go you should think about drafting Peppers

If you're looking ahead 2 years from now and definitively plan to let him go, then the ONLY way this plan makes sense is if you absolutely plan to win the Superbowl in the next two years. If you don't think we *realistically* will win in the next 2 years, you make a decision on Reshad Jones now - extension this year assuming all goes well or trade him for a couple of picks.

Shelf-life of players is 3 years. Reshad's been under contract for a while and will be for 2 more years (if tagged). I highly doubt he'd not suffer another injury in the next 2 years, plus the father time effect at a position that doesn't age well.

If he does an extension, more power to him, he'd be short-changing himself though. He would definitely fetch big $$$ on the open market and with Eric Berry setting the price, there's no way we should pay that much for him at the stage of his career that he will be in when this comes up.

I franchise jones if he wants to play hardball keep him until he is 30 than let him walk

I don't think Tannehill is overpaid and although Suh is expensive look at some of the other salaries for stud players. Imagine he of wasn't in the middle wreaking havok for three downs.

I wouldn't give Jones more then 10 per. Landry might warrant 12-13 per

Let's just go ahead and let EVERYONE walk, and be an expansion level team, then.

Paying at that level across the roster will make us the Cleveland Browns.

Back
Top Bottom