How do the Phins beat Dallas? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How do the Phins beat Dallas?

Jaj

What you say?
Reaction score
I think other than coming up with lucky breaks and great defense, how in the world do we beat Dallas in Dallas?

Put pressure on Quincy and force him into making mistakes!!!

I don't know how we will be able to do it, frankly. Short week, Zach is hurt, emotional comeback this week, New England the next Sunday...it doesn't look good.

Originally posted by FinsGoToGuy
By scoring more points than them.
;)

That's what I was going to say!! Seriously though, I look for this game to be similar to the Baltimore game, a low-scoring slugfest. I think Ricky probably needs another 100-yard peformance, and the offense needs to avoid turnovers. It's not very often when you win a game and lose the turnover battle 3-1 (last night). Quincy Carter is rapidly improving, but our D could cause him some problems.

Keep the ball and run Ricky run. Fiedler will not win this game in the air.

Actually the turnover battle was 3-2 in favor of Washington. Brock Marion had an int and we recovered a muffed punt.

We have to control the clock. Long drives with short controlled passing and Ricky HAS to get 100+ yards.

Their defense is fast and ball hawking. They love to blitz, especialy with the safeties. McMichael and Konrad should exploit this.

On defense, pressure on the QB. They have no serious running game. But if their talented WRs get time they will get open.

Jay has to play error free and the defense has to get some take aways.

Originally posted by Samphin
Actually the turnover battle was 3-2 in favor of Washington. Brock Marion had an int and we recovered a muffed punt.

That's right, my bad.

I'd like to open up the playbook early rather than late. Unless we get a comfortable lead it'll be hard to out coach parcells in the 4th quarter. I think they will want to play it close. I think we change the tempo of the offense a bit with some west coast style play. There's no way we can set that up in 3 days so expcet the same inefficeient offense.

Good point Sherif. We didn't sem to open the playbook until Jay got in last night. Reverses, down field passes etc.

We need to keep it turned up.

if any of you watched their game last week against NE...

We just may need JF to pull it out with a few bombs. I would like to see Gadsden playing opposite of Chambers this week especially on second and long a third and long. My reason is, The tuna is gonna bring the house on thursday. Several times during the NE game he rushed 9 guys. Luckily, Brady kept his composure and heaved two haymakers and their wr just had to turn around and adjust to the ball. We may need to do the same. Our big wr's can out jump their DB's even though edwards and Newman are 6'0 and 5'11 respectively. It's going to be tough for us to run Ricky, especially the way they stack the line with 8-9 people in the box. We're going to need a balanced effort from both the defense and the offense to pull this one out. I like our chances though. QC is a scrambling QB, and when our D knows their palying a scrambling QB, they tend to stay in their gaps. It's those rookie or journeymen qb's, whose knock is lack of mobility, that always burn us with long scrammbles.

One good thing is if RW, can break the first tackle like he did last year and last night. He should have some huge runs, especailly on counters.

Hit some gadsden, some mcnight, some mcmike,some chambers, some konrad, some ricky out of the backfield and do it on first down. screens, end arounds, rollouts ect. keep the defense off balance. no screw ups on penalties. convert first downs. thats how you beat the cowboys. keep in mind, the boys are off a big win too and they put everything into this game to beat carolina with philly after us so they may let down a little.

whoever said fiedler wont do it through the air is a bit off. i think norv will work more with JF than he did the first 6 games.

Back
Top Bottom