How do the Phins beat Dallas? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How do the Phins beat Dallas?

Re: if any of you watched their game last week against NE...

Originally posted by rhadaddy
We just may need JF to pull it out with a few bombs. I would like to see Gadsden playing opposite of Chambers this week especially on second and long a third and long. My reason is, The tuna is gonna bring the house on thursday. Several times during the NE game he rushed 9 guys. Luckily, Brady kept his composure and heaved two haymakers and their wr just had to turn around and adjust to the ball. We may need to do the same. Our big wr's can out jump their DB's even though edwards and Newman are 6'0 and 5'11 respectively. It's going to be tough for us to run Ricky, especially the way they stack the line with 8-9 people in the box. We're going to need a balanced effort from both the defense and the offense to pull this one out. I like our chances though. QC is a scrambling QB, and when our D knows their palying a scrambling QB, they tend to stay in their gaps. It's those rookie or journeymen qb's, whose knock is lack of mobility, that always burn us with long scrammbles.

One good thing is if RW, can break the first tackle like he did last year and last night. He should have some huge runs, especailly on counters.

Took the words out of my mouth. They're going to try to blitz and we need to make them pay. Jump balls, screens, etc.

Dallas blitz's alot. Which means man to man coverage. Hopefully our QB can use that. . . . .. . :(

Originally posted by RikWriter
I don't know how we will be able to do it, frankly. Short week, Zach is hurt, emotional comeback this week, New England the next Sunday...it doesn't look good.

Silly me, I thought we were playing Dallas who is going to be playing with a

1)short week

2)coming off an emotional win over Carolina

3)Big game the following week against Philly, a Division rival

So the ONLY thing that we're taking into next week that Dallas isn't is an injury to Zach which can range from a headache to something much more serious...but which right now is 100% undetermined. If Dallas wins it's because they were the better team...everything else is equal.

I don't know how we will be able to do it, frankly. Short week, Zach is hurt, emotional comeback this week, New England the next Sunday...it doesn't look good.

Yeah, we are doomed...we shouldn't even play. Let's forfeit the games.....

OK guys, Eagles up next...what ya' all think?

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227

1)short week

So the ONLY thing that we're taking into next week that Dallas isn't is an injury to Zach which can range from a headache to something much more serious...but which right now is 100% undetermined. If Dallas wins it's because they were the better team...everything else is equal.

Actually, we played at night, the Cowboys played in the afternoon, so they do have longer to recover. Plus, you left off that the Cowboys are playing at home while we have to travel. And their win over Carolina, while big for them, wasn't a come-from-behind emotional roller-coaster. Add to that the Cowboys' excellent run defense and I think we have a real challenge.

Originally posted by FFiB

Yeah, we are doomed...we shouldn't even play. Let's forfeit the games.....

OK guys, Eagles up next...what ya' all think?

Thankfully, we are fans and don't have to worry about things like taking one game at a time. Nothing we say changes the outcomes of the games one bit. Some people seem to forget that. I think this is a game we will most likely lose, for the reasons I listed. That opinion doesn't change the outcome or affect the players' play one bit.

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227

1)short week

Very Nice!

Actually, we played at night, the Cowboys played in the afternoon, so they do have longer to recover. Plus, you left off that the Cowboys are playing at home while we have to travel. And their win over Carolina, while big for them, wasn't a come-from-behind emotional roller-coaster. Add to that the Cowboys' excellent run defense and I think we have a real challenge.

We do have a real challenge. But I'm not dooming them to faliure and I am pretty positive about this game.

If the Bengals can beat the Chiefs, I think us beating dallas is quite a bit less far fetched.

Originally posted by BuGaLoU

We do have a real challenge. But I'm not dooming them to faliure and I am pretty positive about this game.

If the Bengals can beat the Chiefs, I think us beating dallas is quite a bit less far fetched.

You are to positive for Rik.

get with the program. He finally returns more regularly and you are giving him that positive attitude....oh noooooo....

:lol:

Oh, also I say if we are blitzing alot out of 4-3s, we give them a big dose of Junior. He is a great veteran and makes important tackles. I also think is attitude is a big boost to the entire team and you can never have too much of that.

Originally posted by FFiB

You are to positive for Rik.

get with the program. He finally returns more regularly and you are giving him that positive attitude....oh noooooo....

"Finally returns more regularly?" What the hell are you smoking? I never went anywhere. And no, he isn't too positive...you however, don't seem to be interested in talking football as you seem more interested in flaming me. Why don't you try leaving that crap in your pants and sticking to the subject?

Another key is stopping their running game. In the two shutouts their running game did nothing. Against Car. they ran well by alternating their backs.

I am concened about the Dallas blitz, especially if it comes from the safeties. The way to break it is go deep. Uh we cant. Jay does not throw the deep ball and I guarantee the tuna knows that. Expect alot of safety pressure. I think our best bet is to leave Konrad and McMike in to block and throw that medium out rout jay likes so much. Hope CC can break a block.

With Dallas bringing so much up the front and leaving man-to-man coverage....well...that will be nice for Fiedler I think. He specializes in short and slant patterns (i don't think commenting on our "long ball" game needs any more explanation then this sentence) as well as his mobility will play out perfect I think (roll-outs to automatically get away from 1/2 the rush before waiting on the pocket to collapse...). Use a TE to help out Wade Smith and run a 3 receiver set with Ricky running or fake run / option pass. Putting 2 wide-outs, a TE and Ricky with an 8 man D front coming at us and we should have a man open for Fiedler more often then not.

Defense....well do what we do best....but just freaking do it well and be consistent. Use the tiger package once or twice on those all important 3rd down stops. The safeties will have to sit back more then usual due to Dallas' passing preference but our front 4 and a LB blitzing should lead us a few sacks....and an int or two.

Fish 20
Cowgirls 16/17

hard to go deep with blitzes......not enough time for the receiver to get downfield.....shorts, slants, shovel-passes, whatever you want to call the variations.....we need to nickel & dime them to death like the Colts did to us....

Back
Top Bottom