How do the Phins beat Dallas? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How do the Phins beat Dallas?

we make sure that we catch the flight to dallas, and of course bring our uniforms and equipment.

Dallas has been shut out twice this year.

Thats how you beat them. Their offense is vulnerable. Quincy Carter can paint the field with his armstrength but if you can make them one dimensional, you can force him into mistakes. This time around I say we do not blitz....I think Parcells might be waiting for it and Quincy is perfectly capable of escaping the blitz and making a play.

I think JF's long ball may be perfect for the Dallas blitz. The long passes Brady hit against the blitz were the result of him sidestepping the rush and throwing an airball up for grabs. The WR just adjusted better. Ag. the blitz the QB won't have the opportunity to step into the throw and hit anybody in stride.

as a matter of a fact

Originally posted by rafael
I think JF's long ball may be perfect for the Dallas blitz. The long passes Brady hit against the blitz were the result of him sidestepping the rush and throwing an airball up for grabs. The WR just adjusted better. Ag. the blitz the QB won't have the opportunity to step into the throw and hit anybody in stride.

Both of those Brady passes were some of the ugliest downfield floaters I've seen in a while. Both were severly underthrown and hung up in the air. the db didn't keep their eye on the qb, becasue if he had, he could of easily made a pick or broke up the play.

Originally posted by fin-atic
We have to control the clock. Long drives with short controlled passing and Ricky HAS to get 100+ yards.

Their defense is fast and ball hawking. They love to blitz, especialy with the safeties. McMichael and Konrad should exploit this.

On defense, pressure on the QB. They have no serious running game. But if their talented WRs get time they will get open.

Jay has to play error free and the defense has to get some take aways.

Nice job putting it in a nutshell. Seems like a good recipe to me.

I would add our team needs to stay disciplined. No silly penalites, etc. Also the secondary has to play tight, disciplined coverage.

We have to do a few things against Dallas:

1. Control the clock. We have to keep their defense on the field. To do this, we have to run Ricky. The offensive line has to make holes, and Ricky has to run hard.
2. NO TURNOVERS! We can not turn the ball over against Dallas. We have to avoid stupid mistakes and also avoid stupid penalties.
3. Don't allow the big play. The Cowboys offense isn't very good, but we can not allow them to get a big play. We can't allow any big runs from Avion Cason, and no passes downfield. They have some dangerous WRs. If Quincy Carter has a good game, we are screwed. The Cowboys have been shutout twice, so we should really do what the Bucs and Pats did against them. If we prepare well for this game, we can beat the Cowboys.

We need to stop the big play in the passing game if we want to win this game, Hambrick couldn't out run anybodies mother, and he will do next to nothing against the Dolphins D. We need to run Ricky for his 3 yds. a carry, hope he breaks a big one, and have Jay try to make a play on 3rd down and short to keep the drives alive, I know its boring football, but that what we do. If we can avoid the turnovers, we should be able to win with defense and ball control, tell Mare to get warmed up he should see a lot of action this week on FG's. And for God's Sake please do not turn the ball over, that is the single thing that costs us more games than anything else, if we don't turn the ball over we will win.:billsbite :billsbite

PS would somebody beat those smelly Patriots, I don't think they have won a game this year by more than one score....

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Dallas has been shut out twice this year.

VERY good point. And once was by the Bucs, whose defense hasn't been showing up for every game. That is our best hope, trying to shut down their running game and force Carter into some bad throws.

Re: as a matter of a fact

Originally posted by rhadaddy

Both of those Brady passes were some of the ugliest downfield floaters I've seen in a while. Both were severly underthrown and hung up in the air. the db didn't keep their eye on the qb, becasue if he had, he could of easily made a pick or broke up the play.

That's my point. If you have single coverage on a blitz, throw it up high and let the wr run to it and out jump the DB. With the way pass interference is called nowadays the odds are in the O's favor.

Originally posted by RikWriter

Actually, we played at night, the Cowboys played in the afternoon, so they do have longer to recover. Plus, you left off that the Cowboys are playing at home while we have to travel. And their win over Carolina, while big for them, wasn't a come-from-behind emotional roller-coaster. Add to that the Cowboys' excellent run defense and I think we have a real challenge.

If our game comes down to 8 hours difference, we don't deserve to win. Also, it's an away game...just like any other away game. Yes the 'Boys have home field advantage, but you didn't mention that. What you mentioned was the short week, which we both have, coming off emotional wins, which we both have(or are you actually going to tell me that with Bill freakin Parcells crying on the sidelines it was NOT an emotional win for them?), and a big game the next week, which they also have. In fact, their game is for the Division lead, were ours is only to stay in the Wild Card race. Bottom line, of COURSE this is a tough game...but it's tough because the 'Boys are a good team, not because of any other circumstances.

I think we can use the long ball if OG is in and runs a deeper route. With a safty blitz, there will be man to man coverage on deep routes and I think OG has the size and the hands to come up with the ball one on one with a corner back even if Jay isn't 100% on target. Although the deep pass to Chambers Sunday night was right on the money. Maybe the rest helped some.

DEFENSE

BOTTOM LINE - WE HAVE TO BEAT THEM AT THEIR GAME.

OUT PLAY THEM ON DEFENSE, RUN THE BALL WHILE CONTROLLING THE CLOCK, AND COMPLETE PASSES WHEN THE CHANCE IS GIVEN. ORANDE IS BACK ~ NO EXCUSES ABOUT DROPPED BALLS ANYMORE.

*WE WILL FIND OUT OVER THE NEXT 3 GAMES IF JAY IS TRULY THE SOLUTION TO THE OFFENSE'S PROBLEMS.

I didn't read all of the posts on this topic, so someone may have already said this.

The true question is "how do they beat us"?The Fins have only lost 4, and the Cowboys have lost only 3. It ain't gonna be easy for them either, folks. Don't write us off yet.

they line 9 in the box a lot, and blitz a lot. we have to pitch outside to ricky, screens to conrad or ricky, and some quick passes to gadsden. thats what og is awesome at anyway!!!

Jay's strength is when the opposing team blitzes him. If Dallas is dumb enought to blitz Fiedler all day, I finally see a break out game for him.

Back
Top Bottom