How do the Phins beat Dallas? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How do the Phins beat Dallas?

"The 31 yard deep ball" was off. It was a fifteen yard pass that was difficult to catch. Chambers made a fantastic grab on it. Jay cannot throw the deep ball, neither can Griese quite frankly. I guess we just have to get past that. We need to do rollouts, counters, everything across the middle. That is what Jay is good at. Screens as well.

i think we have to play smashmouth football, pound the ball against their undersized line and burn them with playaction, this team has to realize, that they will have 10 days "rest" before they play again, so they have to give it all on thursday, this game will show so much about the character of this team, i´m pumped already......GO DOLPHINS

this is gonna be a crazy tough game....Dallas has Newman, Edwards, Ross, Woodson and Williams in the secondary and they can shut the pass game down like its not even there. Rickys gonna need to carry a huge load, and im not sure he can do that against the killer Dallas run defense and the constant blitzes into the backfield. I really dont know if the fins are gonna take this one.

Originally posted by Jaj
"The 31 yard deep ball" was off. It was a fifteen yard pass that was difficult to catch. Chambers made a fantastic grab on it.

True, but Jay put it in the only place he could. The coverage was excellent. Just had to throw Jay a little credit there. :)

Originally posted by FinFan4Life814
this is gonna be a crazy tough game....Dallas has Newman, Edwards, Ross, Woodson and Williams in the secondary and they can shut the pass game down like its not even there. Rickys gonna need to carry a huge load, and im not sure he can do that against the killer Dallas run defense and the constant blitzes into the backfield. I really dont know if the fins are gonna take this one.

It won't be easy, but you have to hope that the defense can keep the scoring low, so Miami can continue to be patient on offense through the second half. Keep finding ways to get Ricky the ball in places where he's just a missed tackle or two from a big play. Run him wide, throw him short ones, run him into a blitz and hope he gets past it... hell, line him up as a WR a few times (it happened on Sunday).

I hope we don't throw long (20-plus) at all, to be honest. 10-20-yarders mixed in is fine, put a few drives together even if they're only worth a FG. This could be the kind of game where we need a big day from McMichael more so than Chambers.

Oh... and don't open the game with an onside kick. Parcells is onto that one.

This might not be as tough of a game as you think. Like us, Dallas has won the bulk of its games against teams with losing records. We have won 6/7 of our games against teams with losing records, and Dallas has won 6/8 against teams with losing records.

Also, they beat a very overrated Carolina team that is very similar to the Patriots, luck wise. Carolina has won 3 OT games, and their only win that was been more than 6 points was at home to a bad Falcons team 23-3.

The other team Dallas have beat is the Eagles. This was back when McNabb was making poor decisions and the Eagles hadn't yet figured out their running game. They only barely won 23-21, too.

Just think about it, had Mare made one of the two FG's against NE, and had we scored against Indi when we had the ball on the 15, we would be 9-2 with 3 wins against winning teams. This season is very much the way the luck has been handed out.

Hopefully on Thursday we can catch some breaks for once, and win. Dallas is very overrated IMO, and remember, they BARELY beat the Bills 10-6 2 weeks ago in Dallas.

We will win it by making Quincy make mistakes. We will control the clock and pound the ball.

About the onside kick to open the game, Parcells can only be onto teams that do that, we don't so he wouldn't be onto us.

Originally posted by Muck

True, but Jay put it in the only place he could. The coverage was excellent. Just had to throw Jay a little credit there. :)
Just to echo Muck (Muck ... Muck ... Muck ... ), Chambers did make a fantastic catch, but any pass a receiver can catch in stride with no break in momentum can hardly be considered "off."

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227

If our game comes down to 8 hours difference, we don't deserve to win. Also, it's an away game...just like any other away game. Yes the 'Boys have home field advantage, but you didn't mention that. What you mentioned was the short week, which we both have, coming off emotional wins, which we both have(or are you actually going to tell me that with Bill freakin Parcells crying on the sidelines it was NOT an emotional win for them?), and a big game the next week, which they also have. In fact, their game is for the Division lead, were ours is only to stay in the Wild Card race. Bottom line, of COURSE this is a tough game...but it's tough because the 'Boys are a good team, not because of any other circumstances.

Actually, if Indy beats the Pats this Sunday, and we beat the Pats next Sunday (along with a win in Dallas), we are first in the division.

So we are all playiing for the same thing...a win.

I agree with your post, just had to point that out.

Back
Top Bottom