How do you feel about week 1? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How do you feel about week 1?

Jacksonville will certainly be affected by the Heat. The temps are the same up here in jax, but the heat index is completely different.

Jags are a playoff contender, with a good coach, a new defensive coordinator, a question mark #1 pick QB who could be really good, but has been average thus far (85 career passer rating) who just lost his #1 and #2 receivers, and replaced with a rookie, albeit one I liked in the draft, and Gabe Davis. Davis was solid and had big play ability with Jill's, but faced 2nd CBs with Diggs drawing 1st CBs...so we shall see as this will be his season to be #1 WR at least first part of season.

I bet their chemistry may take some time.

There are huge question marks about their OL...as FM 92.5 talks about all the time...plus their secondary is young and lacks top talent, but they do have really good edge talent.

I expect a win with our squad verse the jags, in the Heat of Miami, but they're not a gimme by any sense.
I expect a win as well, but Jacksonville is always difficult for Miami.

It's also hard to know how good the Dolphins defense will be at the beginning of the season. Will Phillips and Chubb be healthy etc.

I'm hoping McDaniel has some new wrinkles and ideas on offensive and that this unit will take it to another level.

Of course we have some lofty ambitions and it's easy to overlook the challenge of a home season opener against a perennial bottom dweller when looking at the Bills next week and the end of season gauntlet stretch, however the Jaguars won't be affected by the heat and have a pretty good roster and positive momentum themselves.

I refuse to see the Jaguars as a cup-cake-gimme type of match up.

Plus new defense and newcomers on that side of the ball, plus missing our starting pass rushers might end up being too much to overcome and leave us exposed.

How do you feel about the Jaguars and specially our own team on week 1?
They played the Chiefs a year ago for a chance to go to the championship game. Who do you think we are playing that's a cupcake?
P.S I think they have beaten us the last 3 or 4 games we've played...

Of course we have some lofty ambitions and it's easy to overlook the challenge of a home season opener against a perennial bottom dweller when looking at the Bills next week and the end of season gauntlet stretch, however the Jaguars won't be affected by the heat and have a pretty good roster and positive momentum themselves.

I refuse to see the Jaguars as a cup-cake-gimme type of match up.

Plus new defense and newcomers on that side of the ball, plus missing our starting pass rushers might end up being too much to overcome and leave us exposed.

How do you feel about the Jaguars and specially our own team on week 1?
Who the **** really knows. So many injuries and other variables can happen before it’s played and it’s many months away

Every game in the NFL is a tough game to win. The Jags will likely be much improved from the 2023 season.

I have concerns with the Dolphins OL and DL at this time. I also don’t think the Dolphins will have Phillips or Chubb back to start the season. So with the loss of Wilkins applying pressure up the middle and questionable
starters on the edge, I think getting a pass rush might be an issue to begin the season.

The Dolphins should win at home against the Jags but a Jag win certainly wouldn’t be considered an upset for anyone but Dolphin fans.
Which Dolphins Fans?
All of them?

Back
Top Bottom