How do you feel about week 1? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How do you feel about week 1?

Vegas mostly has Dolphins -3.5 at home against Jags.

Hard to argue.
I was just going to mention the probable line so Vegas certainly sees this as a tight game. We have a lot of new parts to assimilate into our offense and I don't feel like we fixed the trenches this off season. Losing Wilkins is a big minus along with Hunt. So far we replaced Hunt with Jack Driscol. Anyone see that as an upgrade? It would be epic if Conner Williams bounced back but his return is way up in the air. When he went down our running game took a hit. We have many players to fill in for Wilkins but will any of them emerge as very good impact players? We have a lot of quantity in the trenches but how much quality will emerge from this group. We have great teachers on our coaching staff so the hope is that we have enough players to coach up.

Of course we have some lofty ambitions and it's easy to overlook the challenge of a home season opener against a perennial bottom dweller when looking at the Bills next week and the end of season gauntlet stretch, however the Jaguars won't be affected by the heat and have a pretty good roster and positive momentum themselves.

I refuse to see the Jaguars as a cup-cake-gimme type of match up.

Plus new defense and newcomers on that side of the ball, plus missing our starting pass rushers might end up being too much to overcome and leave us exposed.

How do you feel about the Jaguars and specially our own team on week 1?
I think we are going to beat the Jags in Hard Rock at 1 pm so badly they contemplate forfeiting the remainder of the season. In the free time they get from that, they form a traveling frisbee golf team.

Jacksonville will certainly be affected by the Heat. The temps are the same up here in jax, but the heat index is completely different.

Jags are a playoff contender, with a good coach, a new defensive coordinator, a question mark #1 pick QB who could be really good, but has been average thus far (85 career passer rating) who just lost his #1 and #2 receivers, and replaced with a rookie, albeit one I liked in the draft, and Gabe Davis. Davis was solid and had big play ability with Jill's, but faced 2nd CBs with Diggs drawing 1st CBs...so we shall see as this will be his season to be #1 WR at least first part of season.

I bet their chemistry may take some time.

There are huge question marks about their OL...as FM 92.5 talks about all the time...plus their secondary is young and lacks top talent, but they do have really good edge talent.

I expect a win with our squad verse the jags, in the Heat of Miami, but they're not a gimme by any sense.
In their dark green journeys at 1pm. Oh boy. Even the water boy will be cramping over there.

It's an NFL team, and it will be an NFL game. None are easy (-Denver 2023). Not afraid of anybody, and don't overlook anybody, but Miami will be favored and should win the game.

I feel the same way every week......we need to play our best game in order to win regardless of who we're playing.

I’m gonna go ahead and overlook J’ville in this one. The Jags are breaking in a new DC with a new philosophy, moving from a 3-4 to a 4-3. That’s completely new terminology and responsibilities for players on a defense that’s pretty young. A lot of the guys lining up for J’ville in week 1 will have only had experience playing in a 3-4.

IMO, that’s a recipe for Miami success considering that the Dolphins will be entering year 3 of McD’s fairly complex offensive system. Quite honestly, Miami should explode outta the gates in this one and make J’ville look worse than they really are.

For those reasons, I think Miami catching the Jaguars in week 1 is a huge break. I think the Jags will be in the thick if the playoff race but I do think they’ll look better later on in the season.

And lastly, McD’s teams have THRIVED offensively early in the season. I think we’ll see that happen again and hopefully it leads to more sustained success as the season goes on.

it appears we have a 17-26 record against the AFC South, the division many think is cupcake.

3 out of our last 4 against the Jaguars have been losses.

About time to "change the narrative".

QB goes down your season is done. I’ve always said that. And other variables included
Months away so many things can change
Are you certain?

1716477364936.jpeg

Mike White may have 9 SB appearances in him. You don't know.

(Heavenly Father, this post is in jest. Please protect Tua. Amen 🙏)

I think we are going to beat the Jags in Hard Rock at 1 pm so badly they contemplate forfeiting the remainder of the season. In the free time they get from that, they form a traveling frisbee golf team.

What’s encouraging is how our offense was clicking week one last year against the chargers.

Our defense was horrible and completely disjointed so it can only be better I would say.

You might be right

I'm confident but in no way would I think we easily win. That never happens in the modern NFL.

My confidence is in the early season changes McD will have made, so our O will be extremely effective since it's rather unknown.

I've penciled it in as a win. Luckily I don't gamble.

If we come out of the gate slow and lose a few games but it means we end the season strong and dont collapse down the stretch...Sign me up.

Of course we have some lofty ambitions and it's easy to overlook the challenge of a home season opener against a perennial bottom dweller when looking at the Bills next week and the end of season gauntlet stretch, however the Jaguars won't be affected by the heat and have a pretty good roster and positive momentum themselves.

I refuse to see the Jaguars as a cup-cake-gimme type of match up.

Plus new defense and newcomers on that side of the ball, plus missing our starting pass rushers might end up being too much to overcome and leave us exposed.

How do you feel about the Jaguars and specially our own team on week 1?
meh, Lawrence can be great at times, but other times not seem like a top qb like some have touted for him. He can get into moments of throwing picks, just gotta get pressure somehow without phillips and chubb most likely. Asking a lot for rookie guys like chop and kamara to do it. I think both have the talent, but most rookies don't play great out of the gate

THANK YOU

**** what's wrong with some of you guys?

Yeah so the jags arent complete garbage, any given Sunday yadda yadda

Just stop.

We are going to win. McD is coming in hot with new plays, we are hungry and want to get back at it.

Back
Top Bottom