How good is Sewell? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How good is Sewell?

Sewell is very good. Is he a "generational" player? I'm done with that word. It gets thrown around way too easy these days. I'm not sure he's better than Slater but I'm not the draft guru here. I wish I had seen him played more but of course he opted out this past year. Also, I don't believe he had to face any first round talent when he did play in a regular basis if at all while playing for Oregon so it's hard to project him to the competition he'll face in the NFL.
Not even at Long's level. Long was dominating in his second and third season.

I watched most of his Oregon games and he was pretty impressive. I think he allowed one sack his Soph year. It wouldn't be a problem for Jackson to flip sides. I'd love for us to take him, but I'd prefer to trade back a couple spots at take one of those three wideouts. It'll be hard not to take him if we stay at 3, tho.

Most here want to take a WR at #3 even if Sewell is on the board. Just because we took a OT last year you still shouldn’t pass on the BPA.

there are 3 wr that are top ten worthy. There is no consensus on who is best yet just because we need playmakers this board wants a WR. This is exactly how you shouldn’t run a draft.

take the guy who could potentially be Canton bound and figure out the rest later. It’s not hard for us to jump back into the top 10 to snag a WR.

Another Sewell thread SMH..

Not good enough to use the #3 pick on.

He took a year off.

We drafted or signed 5 linemen last year.

The value of trading the pick far outweighs drafting a linemen.

Sewell at #3 is a mistake.

7W5u.gif

Right now we have no starting center signed. Thats what we need.
Lets take Creed Humphrey @3...

We're cooking with gas when that happens....

I suppose the question I have is about his footwork when he's on an island in pass pro. I have absolutely no doubt about his ability in the run game or his power.

How bad is A.Jackson that he needs to be upgraded?
Taking Sewell would only be a reflection on Jackson if they could both only play LT.

And even then, it would be like "let's take a potential All Pro over a potential Pro Bowler."

Fortunately both players can play other positions (specifically RT), so the pick would have nothing to do with "how bad Jackson" is or how he "needs to be upgraded."

He wasnt great.
I wish he had been great.

But he was a young rookie (20 y/o when drafted), viewed at as more potential than instant greatness.

So I thought he did fine, but I'm expecting a big jump.

No idea if there were any lingering effects of the bone marrow procedure.

Back
Top Bottom