How has Hartline looked in practice? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How has Hartline looked in practice?

he doesnt come back to the football? i thought the biggest part of his receptions last year went for no YAC cause he was having to dive in some way for the ball, whether side forward or coming back

I never understood the hartline hate. Clearly he's no calvin or andre johnson. He runs good routes, gets seperation and has fairly good hands. Hartline is a team player who is also pretty intelligent. He doesn't have the physical abilities of larry fitzgerald or the speed of mike wallace but hartline does a good job of getting open and catching the ball when given the opportunity. I'm hoping ryan and brian build some chemistry quick, we need hartline to produce.

I never understood the hartline hate. Clearly he's no calvin or andre johnson. He runs good routes, gets seperation and has fairly good hands. Hartline is a team player who is also pretty intelligent. He doesn't have the physical abilities of larry fitzgerald or the speed of mike wallace but hartline does a good job of getting open and catching the ball when given the opportunity. I'm hoping ryan and brian build some chemistry quick, we need hartline to produce.

Statistically, judging by his number of drops (which is very high, among the worst in the NFL), you can't say that he has 'fairly good hands.'

your point is mute...you just described 80% of the WR that are available. if everyone had the opportunity then im sure they will all get better. iTs when you have the opportunity what do you do with it... and just like registeredguy said...he is ranked high amongst drops. I like hartline too, but he is no savor.

Nobodies saying he's the savior. Marshall would demand henne and moore to throw him the ball even if double covered. This offense is supposed to spread the ball around. Personally I think hhartline and bess will really excel in this new offense (of course depending on tannehills play). I'm not trying to force anyone to agree with my opinion. If you don't like hartline that's fine but for people to just say he sucks cuz he's not a #1 receiver doesn't make sense to me. In my opinion hartlines good enough to be a solid #2 on a bunch of teams around the league. If hartline was on the packers he would be putting up great numbers just like their receivers.

I don't expect many people to agree with me on this.

your point is mute...you just described 80% of the WR that are available. if everyone had the opportunity then im sure they will all get better. iTs when you have the opportunity what do you do with it... and just like registeredguy said...he is ranked high amongst drops. I like hartline too, but he is no savor.

Your existence is moot. Go back to school.

ed mccaffery white?

and all those crappy white db's, lb's, rb's, ol-men, qb's, dt's,de's and safety's. WAY to many to mention!

or, are you taking in the same line of what chad "homey the clown" said on hard knocks in a practice, "i feel good, i feel, strong, i feel fast, i feel .........., black!!!" in other words, you thought BH looked, bright, strong, fast, like white lightning. is that what you are saying?

odd statement for sure MUDDER. odd.

How has Hartline looked. Looked.

Some of you guys need to take a step back and reevaluate. That wasn't a racist joke. Nor, was it a comment on his play. It was just a bad joke.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

No offense, but colored? How old are you?

i believe what he was refering to was the FACT that in the days a lot of those wr's mentioned like lance allworth, raymond berry, crazy legs hercsh, etc.... blacks were calling themselves COLORED. [which is odd because in the color code, black is the ABSENCE OF COLOR, not a color at all. if your talking about the REAL definition of color, caucasions and native americans and asians are the TRUE "people of color"!!] aint that a booger huh?

colored in those times was not an offensive word, just like the decade before, they called themselves negro. 70's it was black, then in the 80's it was african american, now [unless theres been another change] it somehow became "people of "color".

so..... how old are YOU? where did YOU go to school? a little education on these 2 issues, these scientific and historic facts would have kept you from making that statement and made you a more knowlegable person. a mind is a terrible thing to waste!!

sorry. not flamin' ya, just sayin'. again, these things were NOT offensive in those wr's times. the poster even said that these were not his views, but it was for certain people at certain times.

Last edited by a moderator:
.... but he is decent at getting separation and the most sure handed receiver on the roster.

I dont understand why so many fans think he has such great hands. People want to focus on the 2 catches where he toed the sideline, but want to forget all his drops.

His role really hasn't been that big in the past, which hurt his production TD wise.

KTOWN is right in his assessment.

remember, the coaching staff got to a point where they wouldnt allow henne to throw the ball in the red zone as he was routinely picked off when throwing into the end zone.

this hurt ALL the wr's td totals.

i like hartline a whole lot and feel he is VASTLY under rated and would be a monster in green bay or new england or new orleans. but, i think we can all agree he doesnt have the abilities that brandon marshall has. but BM wasnt a td demon here either. he gets to the pro bowl with big time qb's and BOOM! 4 td's in that game. and he grabbed an 80 yd td for chicago in this pre season. he has looked great in the bears camp getting the ball from his old pal, jay cutler!

no one has had big time td totals for us in a dozen years at the wr/te positions. bad qb play and archaic offenses have played big parts in that.

hartline gets open FAST! but, because he doesnt have elite speed with that big afterburner, his window shuts fairly quick and henne would usually not see him get open at all, or, if he did, he got the ball to him late as his window shut down, or threw him bad balls, etc..... .

i think if healthy and back into football shape, he will flourish in the wco as it depends on quick reads and getting the ball out fast. this plays right in to hartlines skills.

remember, the coaching staff got to a point where they wouldnt allow henne to throw the ball in the red zone as he was routinely picked off when throwing into the end zone.

Even when we upgraded from Chad Henne to Matt Moore, Hartline's production was still awful for a starting WR. Sorry, but I dont think you can blame his production on the QB. I think someone could make the argument that he would be better off working inside routes in a different system, but imo the QB play didnt ruin his stats as some suuggest. He dropps a lot of passes, and cant run after the catch.

Back
Top Bottom