How has Hartline looked in practice? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How has Hartline looked in practice?

Hartline is a guy who is asked to go over middle or slant knowing he will get hit and he dives for a lot of balls and catches them. He does alot of dirty work. He gets big first down conversion type plays. The problem is he is not the type or is not looked at as a guy who will make a big play, get up, and do it again!

Great WR's do this and say "feed me". Not that its Hartline's fault but I just think this is how it is perceived by coaches in the past.

If we had to work with Bess and four Hartline's I think we would be a hell of a lot better than we are.

With a decent QB, Hartline can do a lot more. He has made it to the NFL as a starter in spite of crappy Buckeye QBs, Henning, Sparano and Henne. He should improve in the WCO.

With a decent QB, Hartline can do a lot more. He has made it to the NFL as a starter in spite of crappy Buckeye QBs, Henning, Sparano and Henne. He should improve in the WCO.
So what you're saying is if he doesn't do well this year we can blame it on a rookie QB. Clearly Hartline is a top 10 receiver in this league despite the fact he's only scored 2 TDs in his last 88 receptions, that's not his fault.

i believe what he was refering to was the FACT that in the days a lot of those wr's mentioned like lance allworth, raymond berry, crazy legs hercsh, etc.... blacks were calling themselves COLORED. [which is odd because in the color code, black is the ABSENCE OF COLOR, not a color at all. if your talking about the REAL definition of color, caucasions and native americans and asians are the TRUE "people of color"!!] aint that a booger huh?

colored in those times was not an offensive word, just like the decade before, they called themselves negro. 70's it was black, then in the 80's it was african american, now [unless theres been another change] it somehow became "people of "color".

so..... how old are YOU? where did YOU go to school? a little education on these 2 issues, these scientific and historic facts would have kept you from making that statement and made you a more knowlegable person. a mind is a terrible thing to waste!!

sorry. not flamin' ya, just sayin'. again, these things were NOT offensive in those wr's times. the poster even said that these were not his views, but it was for certain people at certain times.

BINGO! "in those times"

Did I say it was offensive? no I did not. You mentioned it being offensive because you know it is in fact offensive. It is offensive because these are not the days of Lance Alworth and Raymond Berry and to refer to someone as colored, in this day and age is not acceptable. Just like the treatment "colored people" endured is no longer accptable. And as far as your "insight" into who is colored and who is not, check history and you will see that white people decided who was colored and not. Black people did chose to call themselves anything, until the around mid to late 1960's. It was the majority population that chose the labels prior to that. So they screwed up the definition of colored or whatnot. So maybe you should spend your time educating them, cause I could give a rat's ass.

I am old enough and educated enough about race issues to know thatold people still use the term colored, so that is why I asked about the poster's age.

It's getting icey in here :lol:

I too thought of the Chad Johnson' "Feel like a panther, feel black" scene when I read the "white" comment for some reason. I don't know that poster, but maybe we shouldn't jump to conclusions so fast to think he meant it as a racial put down.

Guess it would have been more appropriate if I said something derrogatory, wouldnt it have?

If that's how you are living, that's on you. But I will be here to check you, if you do.

Deeper still, I would be never be so arrogant to tell someone else what they should be offended by. If someone told me they were offended by something I said or did, I would not say or do that anymore.

BINGO! "in those times"

Did I say it was offensive? no I did not. You mentioned it being offensive because you know it is in fact offensive. It is offensive because these are not the days of Lance Alworth and Raymond Berry and to refer to someone as colored, in this day and age is not acceptable. Just like the treatment "colored people" endured is no longer accptable. And as far as your "insight" into who is colored and who is not, check history and you will see that white people decided who was colored and not. Black people did chose to call themselves anything, until the around mid to late 1960's. It was the majority population that chose the labels prior to that. So they screwed up the definition of colored or whatnot. So maybe you should spend your time educating them, cause I could give a rat's ass.

I am old enough and educated enough about race issues to know thatold people still use the term colored, so that is why I asked about the poster's age.

NAACP = National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. Founded in 1908 and still the same name in 2012, today. If it was so terribly offensive why would the NAACP have it in their name?

Hartline is an above average wide reciever and we need him more than ever right now. And he needs a tan.

It's getting icey in here :lol:

I too thought of the Chad Johnson' "Feel like a panther, feel black" scene when I read the "white" comment for some reason. I don't know that poster, but maybe we shouldn't jump to conclusions so fast to think he meant it as a racial put down.

What someone says about themself is different from being called something by someone else. If Chad chose that then that's his deal. And if Hartline is cool with being considered a white receiver then that's on him, but I doubt that is something he would make a big deal about.

So what you're saying is if he doesn't do well this year we can blame it on a rookie QB. Clearly Hartline is a top 10 receiver in this league despite the fact he's only scored 2 TDs in his last 88 receptions, that's not his fault.

I expect him to improve. If he underperforms he should be cut.

NAACP = National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. Founded in 1908 and still the same name in 2012, today. If it was so terribly offensive why would the NAACP have it in their name?

Hartline is an above average wide reciever and we need him more than ever right now. And he needs a tan.

fouded for the most part by Jewish people...and the name has not been changed because the term "people of color" came into vogue and they want to represent the interests of all people (including so called whites).

I am off work today, I do not want to turn this into a racial thing....lets just focus on football. Who gives a **** about what color or race some one is just as long as they try to win for the Phins, I come here to escape from that stuff.

Dude said "colored," out of curiousity, I asked his age, that's all...

Not sure why anyone would be offended by what I said. I did say that wasnt my stance and as you can see from my first post, I am clearly not racist.

Sorry of I offended you, but in no way should what I said offend you more than what the other poster said.
If that's how you are living, that's on you. But I will be here to check you, if you do.

Deeper still, I would be never be so arrogant to tell someone else what they should be offended by. If someone told me they were offended by something I said or did, I would not say or do that anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
What someone says about themself is different from being called something by someone else. If Chad chose that then that's his deal. And if Hartline is cool with being considered a white receiver then that's on him, but I doubt that is something he would make a big deal about.

I agree. I was just pointing out the fact that no one actually knows what that poster meant by that comment. I thought of the funny CJ 'panther scene' when I read it. Someone else might have thought something else.

It's weird that a simple comment like that would get so many thumbs up/downs, though. Does it really deserve so much attention? White? It's a color, nothing more for now. So, I think it doesn't deserve the negative or positive attention it's getting, but that's just my own opinion.

Deeper still, I would be never be so arrogant to tell someone else what they should be offended by. Ifsomeone told me they were offended by something I said or did, I would not say or do that anymore.

I'm offended when you post. I'm just joking of course. But people are way to easily offended. We should not purposely offend each other, but we should also not purposely go around getting offended all the time.

Just wanted to let you know my view. Truce.

Back to Football!

Back
Top Bottom