How important is character at QB | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How important is character at QB

OmegaPhinsFan

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I see Tua as a hard-working, very religious man. He is overcome a devastating injury. Joe Burrow?
Well, let's discuss this:
Looks like he has a lot of hatred towards blacks and foreigners. Do you want this to be the face of your franchise? By the way, our GM and HC are black

Honestly as long as he isn't out there hurting people, I really don't care about character to an extent. The only thing I can say for Burrow is that hopefully those tweets have more to do with his maturity level but when it comes to hatred immaturity is an unlikely excuse.

.Holy crap... already asked and answered. He was a kid; his entire LSU rainbow coalition of teammates thought Burrow walked on water. Tua is under his father's thumb; what do we actually know about his autocratic father's beliefs?

Better to have a father that pushes you to be the best, than a father that's raised you to be a racist.
better to have either than a grown man who refuses to repudiate one of the most brutal dictators of the late 20th century, a position ponderously so many are overlooking

Honestly as long as he isn't out there hurting people, I really don't care about character to an extent. The only thing I can say for Burrow is that hopefully those tweets have more to do with his maturity level but when it comes to hatred immaturity is an unlikely excuse.
Things have changed so much over the years. Joe Namath was out whoring and boozing and prob other sh.., but he was a leader. Same for Ken Stabler. Our boy Danny was also a leader in the locker room and we all know he hit it hard when he first came into the league. Now you are under a microscope. Nothing can happen without everyone knowing and being caught on TMZ. If the Head Coach is the CEO, the QB is a step below that. You cannot take a chance and put an immature jackass in that role. Especially, if your picking him top 5.

The QB with character issues is Love not Burrow.

Burrow's comments are only offensive if your mind is owned and controlled by someone else. :p

I don't know how important character is. The Raiders won in the late 70's and early 80's with rebels at virtually every position. How much character does Bill Bellichick have and he has six super bowl titles?

I do think leadership is important from the quarterback position, though. There are those types who just know how to inspire and get the best out of players around them.

I feel like one of the biggest issues with reading old social media posts is that you see everything without the context. It is very easy to see what you want to see when you ignore the context in which it was written. A lot of what he wrote sounds like a typical high school kid. Especially the posts about the NBA; he wasn’t the only person upset when teams drafted European talent over NCAA athletes. The idea that European players were usually busts was fairly prevalent until recently.

And Rosen is a good Jewish boy, like our owner (at least the Jewish part). That hasn't stopped Ross from chewing him out to the tabloids.

Back
Top Bottom