How many losing seasons have we had in the past 20 years? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How many losing seasons have we had in the past 20 years?

Originally posted by PhinPhreak
As far as what a team has done the Bills haven't been there in 10 years, how far does history go back, I guess only as far back as you need it to prove your point. Either go back to day 1 or don't go back at all. Last year is in the past as much as 10, 20 & 30 years ago.

I would love to see the Fins in the SB but only 2 teams get to make it each year, so if they can't make it I am happy at to have a reason to be rooting right up through game 16, and always get to expierance the excitement of having a shot at the SB.

A good majority of the teams in the league don't have that, their season is pretty much over come mid season. Would I give that up for a SB win? I have asked that question of myself many times, and I don't have an answer, The SB would be great but we as Fin fans don't know what it's like to have a 3-13 season. I don't know how it would feel to be watching a Fins game after week 7 and already know they don't have a shot at the playoffs.

Really I couldn't imagine not having my stomach in knots, sweating, and yealling at the TV as the Fins are driving down the field with no time left, or as the other team is going for it on 4th down inside the 5 on the final series, and guess what many of those games I am describing came against the Bills.

So while not winning a SB in the last 30 years is dissappointing, I love being a fan of a team that always puts a winning product on the field and has a legitimate shot to go all the way each and every year. To me that's what being a fan is about.

I wasn't the one who started the thread pertaining to the last 20 years. If it was 10 years then my comments would be different.

Sure you have been consistent playoff contenders,(and I give Spielman credit for this) but we are now back in it and the fins have ended their days of bullying a rebuilding team.

Since the Donahoe era 2-2.

They never played in a Super Bowl under Parcells either....

Originally posted by justafan

2 games? :lol: I bet you blame Lucas for being mediocre the last 20 years as well.

Sorta like that you jill fans STILL blaming J Butler for your teams 2 recent losing seasons huh ???:rolleyes: Marino1983

Originally posted by justafan

Sure you have been consistent playoff contenders,(and I give Spielman credit for this) but we are now back in it and the fins have ended their days of bullying a rebuilding team.

Since the Donahoe era 2-2.

The Dolphins have been consistent playoff contenders long before Spielman arrived in May of 2000.

And one season of 8-8 play by the Bills does not constitute being "back in it", particularly when both the team and the QB posted better performances and records (5-3) in the first half of the season than in the last half (3-5).

Also, in an earlier thread you characterized the Bills 8-8 record as a success but denigrate Dolphins fans who consider a playoff season a success. This seems contradictory

Finally, "mediocre" means average - in football terms that means 8-8 (see the Bills 2002 season), not the 10-6 record that Miami averages,
10-6 would be above average and therefore not mediocre

Oops my bad , somehow I always mistake Parcells making the SB appearance with the Jets instead of the Pats. Must be the Drew connection. :D

Originally posted by Marino1983

Sorta like that you jill fans STILL blaming J Butler for your teams 2 recent losing seasons huh ???:rolleyes: Marino1983

we were .500 last year, Get your facts straight. My point is that Oliver blames Lucas even for the 2nd game. :lol: Re: Butler, useless smack. Come up with something better.

And one season of 8-8 play by the Bills does not constitute being "back in it", particularly when both the team and the QB posted better performances and records (5-3) in the first half of the season than in the last half (3-5).

Considering tha the division winner was 9-7 and we beat you twice, I'd say we're in it. If you look arround the board , actually some finfans consider the bills as a team to watch. Then again when a bills fan says it, were wrong. :rolleyes:

Also, in an earlier thread you characterized the Bills 8-8 record as a success but denigrate Dolphins fans who consider a playoff season a success. This seems contradictory

"Have we had success since becoming 3-13? In a way yes. We had success impproving our team from 3-13 to 8-8 but the goal is the sb."

If you don't understand that. there's nothing I can do.

Last edited by a moderator:
You came in last place in the division, what gives?

If the Jets went 5-11 but beat us twice (let's say we win the division this year) would that make them "better" then us? I'd say no, but I guess there are two ways you can look at it..

PS - next time when you come to argue have your facts straight :tongue2:

If you don't understand that. there's nothing I can do. [/B][/QUOTE]

There is indeed nothing you can do, but not because of my lack of understanding, but rather by your argument that an 8-8 season is a success while a playoff season is not

Success maybe we should look outside of sports for success....
If there are 2 competing businesses and 1 turns a profit every year and the other struggles to break even, which is more succesful. If one business makes a huge impact one year but was losing money prior and then losing money after is it more of a success than the one that makes great money every year?
Certainly teh finz were in a "recession" last year but they still were profitable. This year I beleive they have the right staff to send their stock soring!

Originally posted by zachseau13

There is indeed nothing you can do, but not because of my lack of understanding, but rather by your argument that an 8-8 season is a success while a playoff season is not

It's defenitely your lack of understanding. My statement meant that improving from 3-13 was a success. Duh!

I never said making it to the playoffs is not a success. I said success is being bettter than what you were the year before.

Great, so let's just have our team SUCK and lose every game in a year, so the next year could always seem as a success. Damn man, that is a pathetic excuse, yeah, you IMPROVED, but to say it was a success, is an extreme reach.

This is the crap you are spewing here man. That because your team was a complete abomination in 2001, since you improved in 2002, it was a success. How about the fact that because you were 3-13, you had an easier schedule, thus it made it easier for you to improve. Sorry, but it was not a success, you were still in last place. Talk about excuses and tinted glasses.

You mean to say that since the Dolphins have had so many winning seasons and made it to the playoffs and won the division more than any team in the division, we are not successful? Man, listen up dude, being successful and winning it all are two different animals. Going and winning the SB have luck mounted on top of success.

By your theory the Bills throughout history have been more successful than the Dolphins, because they have had more loosing seasons to improve on to callk a success. PATHETIC.

Back
Top Bottom