How many more games do YOU as a fan want to see the Dolphins win this year? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How many more games do YOU as a fan want to see the Dolphins win this year?

How many more wins do you want to win as a fan?

• Total voters
You are gonna burn all your newly acquired draft assets if you finish around 8 or 9 in a move up.

what part of that do people not understand? Do you want to be able to use those picks to help your roster talent wise or give them away to move up cause you won two or three more meaningless damn games?
I think it stems from the mindset that every one of our picks is going to be a homerun. Reality is, about 50% of them will end up being quality starters and that's being generous.

You are gonna burn all your newly acquired draft assets if you finish around 8 or 9 in a move up.

what part of that do people not understand? Do you want to be able to use those picks to help your roster talent wise or give them away to move up cause you won two or three more meaningless damn games?
Id argue that you wont have to give up the farm if you're desperate for 1 guy. Moving up from 8 to 1 would take probably 2 1sts (#8 and #20ish) and probably a 3rdish. Depends on how badly each team wants the pick to be honest.

We have like 14 draft picks, if you think we are getting 14 of our 2020 53-man roster with those you're delusional. If we took all 14 at least 3 wont make the 53 man.

Then don't move up. Draft 3 first rounders.

I don't get all of this Tua is a sure thing nonsense that most everyone is sold on. No one truly knows how he'll transition to the NFL. I say that knowing that he's sensational. But, as all things in the draft, no one reeeeally knows.

We do know we desperately need our franchise QB but...

CK, ARE YOU OUT THERE? Is Tua legitimately worth giving up a ransome for?

I'll take the QB if he's there but I'd rather have 3 first rounders. I know that's blasphemy to moset but its just a preference.

Tua scares me- plays for what has been the most dominating team in college, coming off of a second ankle surgery (I think 2).

Give me the option, I'm sticking with 3 first rounders. I know, I know- I've said it a million times myself- without a QB, we'll never be elite.

Also, the question should be zero or eight.

I don't understand the 5-6, 6-7 or Other options?

You can't sit here and say you only want to beat the Jets again, or win in New England. That's dumb.

It's all or nothing, IMO.

I think it stems from the mindset that every one of our picks is going to be a homerun. Reality is, about 50% of them will end up being quality starters and that's being generous.

We could use quality starters. Plus, if we can't hit on one star out of 3 first round picks, Grier needs to go. The odds are in our favor picking 3

Realistically we will probably win 2 more games. 3-13 will keep us in the top 5 picks. I do not want to trade up for any player. Draft 1 QB in the first and best player available with other 1st round picks. No players with elite potential but coming off an injury. No need to reach for any player until we get to the 5th round.

We could use quality starters. Plus, if we can't hit on one star out of 3 first round picks, Grier needs to go. The odds are in our favor picking 3
Well the pressure is already on for one of those three. Finding Minkah level talent with that Pitt pick is going to be a tall task. Our pick should be easy, the other, well we'll see where Houston ends up. I don't think the odds are as favorable as they seem.

Also, the question should be zero or eight.

I don't understand the 5-6, 6-7 or Other options?

You can't sit here and say you only want to beat the Jets again, or win in New England. That's dumb.

It's all or nothing, IMO.
That’s why there’s an “other” option.
Ps. Some people only want to win against the conference teams, just because they’re considered rivals. Not saying that’s me btw, but there’s some who have that mindset.

As to the OP, can you imagine us winning out?

Do you have any idea of what that would mean for us, what it would say about our coaching staff and players?

I can't root for my team to lose. I don't care if you told me #1 gets us the second coming of Marino. Yeah. Thats right. I just made that statement.

I can't even fathom how that begins to work. You cheer every time we get scored on? Oh, dude. Nah uh. Can't do it. Won't do it. Just the thought is making my stomach hurt right now.

Id argue that you wont have to give up the farm if you're desperate for 1 guy. Moving up from 8 to 1 would take probably 2 1sts (#8 and #20ish) and probably a 3rdish. Depends on how badly each team wants the pick to be honest.

We have like 14 draft picks, if you think we are getting 14 of our 2020 53-man roster with those you're delusional. If we took all 14 at least 3 wont make the 53 man.

And you are delusional if you think you are getting from 8 to 1 for a qb for that price.

I get that. But again you want as much ammo as possible when you are in a full rebuild and worse all in on a qb even with your top pick. And we all know miami is all in on a qb.

the whole league knows miami is also which is why in trade they gonna hold you over the fire to trade up for it. The higher you have to go the more it’s gonna cost naturally. But I don’t think people understand what it cost. Not by a long shot.

That’s why there’s an “other” option.
Ps. Some people only want to win against the conference teams, just because they’re considered rivals. Not saying that’s me btw, but there’s some who have that mindset.

That't what I can't comprehend. If you want to beat the Jets, who wouldn't also want to beat the Colts, Bengals and Eagles too?

I understand wanting to be 9-7, I understand wanting to be 1-15, nothing in between makes sense.

I respect people's right to their opinions but leave the Jets, Pats and Bills out of what we are doing this year.

Last edited:

Oh and let me add your 4th rounders and on aren’t gonna move the needle one bit in terms of draft asset trade so you might as well not even count them.

Back
Top Bottom