how many of you would trade marino's career for a super bowl win ? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

how many of you would trade marino's career for a super bowl win ?

oscar said:
Finally Some Dolphin Fans That Support The Team

So now you're saying I don't support the team? Nonsense.

oscar said:
Finally Some Dolphin Fans That Support The Team

I might be going out on a limb here, but I'm thinking that alot of the "Marino is the reason....." fans are probably out-of-staters. When you live in Miami you obviously should support your city and it's teams. When you're from a different state there has to be something that draws you to that team. In this case, Dan Marino.

In a Heartbeat.
I am a Dolphins fan!
It sometimes is sickening to see how Dolphin "fans" fawn all over Marino.
Don't get me wrong, Marino was great and deserves the praise, but a few "fans" go way overboard.

i do agree that marino was the best qb and it was great to watch him play ,but football is a team sport and a fan supports a team not a player
every teams goal is to be the champions.
i'm sure even dan would give up all the records to have won a superbowl
if you want to support individuals there are alot of other sports like boxing, golf,racing,
tennis& bowling that are not team sports
please don't say you are a team player if you are only going to support on player not the whole team
individual stats and records are great accomplishments but championships are team efforts and the miami dolphins are a team...

I'd take the career. A SB is a great achievement no doubt, but it is only 1 game. We had over a decade and 1/2 of genius. He dazzled us over and over again. He gave us more than just one memorable season, he gave you memories that will last your lifetime. You will tell your Grandchildren you had the priviledge to see him.

Stefins said:
In a Heartbeat.
I am a Dolphins fan!
It sometimes is sickening to see how Dolphin "fans" fawn all over Marino.
Don't get me wrong, Marino was great and deserves the praise, but a few "fans" go way overboard.

Hmmm.....I wonder if...

My dad thought it was sickening when he watched me play football in the back yard...emulating my sports hero...and celebrating when I single handidly won the Super Bowl on the last play?

I wonder if my son will find it sickening as I tell him all about the times I got to watch the greatest qb to ever play the game..and replay the fake spike to him like it happened yesterday?

I wonder how many of us will find it sickening as we watch the sports hero we "fawned" over as you call it...break down in tears and accept a place among immortals in Canton?

Im guessing you might be the only one.

FemaleFinFan said:
Your acting like we're the Eagles or the Cardnials who never won a Superbowl. I would never trade the career of one of the best QBs ever for a superbowl win....

Nor the distinction of STILL being the winningest NFL franchise in history.

vt_dolfan said:
Hmmm.....I wonder if...

My dad thought it was sickening when he watched me play football in the back yard...emulating my sports hero...and celebrating when I single handidly won the Super Bowl on the last play?

I wonder if my son will find it sickening as I tell him all about the times I got to watch the greatest qb to ever play the game..and replay the fake spike to him like it happened yesterday?

I wonder how many of us will find it sickening as we watch the sports hero we "fawned" over as you call it...break down in tears and accept a place among immortals in Canton?

Im guessing you might be the only one.
again it is a team sports a person does not single handidly win the superbowl
a team wins a superbowl
the fake spike a great memory but a trick play how many other games did that play win ? zero
i was at that game against the jets and there was eleven players on the field for that whole drive.
i started this thread just to see how many fans support the dolphins
not idolize dan marino and put him above the teams goals
records are ment to be broken and when they are broken dan will be remembered for not winning a superbowl because he will not have all the records. what would you want to be remebered for holding some records or for leading the team to be champions.

oscar said:
again it is a team sports a person does not single handidly win the superbowl
a team wins a superbowl
the fake spike a great memory but a trick play how many other games did that play win ? zero
i was at that game against the jets and there was eleven players on the field for that whole drive.
i started this thread just to see how many fans support the dolphins
not idolize dan marino and put him above the teams goals
records are ment to be broken and when they are broken dan will be remembered for not winning a superbowl because he will not have all the records. what would you want to be remebered for holding some records or for leading the team to be champions.

You never asked if we would trade Dans records..you asked if we woudl trade his career. One Superbowl to never have had the oppurtunity to root for Dan...that dog dont hunt.

vt_dolfan said:
You never asked if we would trade Dans records..you asked if we woudl trade his career. One Superbowl to never have had the oppurtunity to root for Dan...that dog dont hunt.
his records are his career without all the records he is just another average nfl qb

I consider my self blessed to have cheered for number 13. Someone wins the superbowl every year, there is only one greatest QB in the history. I love Dan and would not trade his legacy for a ring.

No, b/c one super bowl win in the last 33 years, and 32 years of shi^.

Don't think so. We all have watched lame football for the last 7 years w/ the last 2 regimes. I could not handle being the Bungles of the NFL for just 1 title.

We watched greatness for 17 years! GREATNESS...PURE GREATNESS!

Back
Top Bottom