How many super bowls for Tannehill? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How many super bowls for Tannehill?

How many Super Bowls for Tannehill?

Votes: 30 30.0%

Votes: 20 20.0%

Votes: 22 22.0%
  • MOAR!

Votes: 28 28.0%

• Total voters
If Dan Marino, arguably one of the greatest players of all time, let alone Dolphins players, couldn't even get one, I don't know where anyone can get off at this stage saying Tannehill will have multiples. We have a paper thin O-line, with a new and unproven receiving corps, and have yet to have a winning record in his 3 years as QB. I'm all for having optimism heading into a fresh season, but I'm also for realism. Do I think his ceiling is looking higher than it once did? Sure. Do I think that means he will ever win a single SB, or even multiple SBs, that remains to be seen.

It's a team game.....some of the greatest ever have none.....some very average QB's have rings.

Tannehills opportunities at this will ride largely on quality of the team around him.

Reverse the teams Marino and Montana played on in the 80's and Dan Marino is the one with a handful of rings....and no one is debating the greatest QB in NFL history.

One of things that's skewed all of this is the changing of the rules that turned Tom Brady and Peyton Manning into record breakers.

Dan Marino would pass for 6000 and 60 touchdowns in today's NFL.

Tannehill has a chance to put up huge numbers in this league under these rules.

You're going to be real proud of your son, Mr. Tannehill. :up:

:lol: im already proud of what hes becoming and that my evaluation so early is bearing fruit as he develops but i just want to start reaping the benefits...

If the oline keeps him upright its that time

With Philbin....0...

Get me another coach and we'll talk...

Slow down...Joe is still the coach.

With Philbin....0...

Get me another coach and we'll talk...

Philbin's SB XLV ring as Packer's OC.

packers_xlv.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
One hundred and sixty seven ... and a half (he comes out of retirement to play the second half of 168)

Give us a winning record and make the Play Offs and we can talk.

FWIW, I'd feel pretty confident with Tannehill in the post season. He doesn't make many mistakes and that's what you're after.

I will be happy to see just one in my lifetime and I'm only thirty seven.

For one, RT has gotten markedly better EVERY season. How many young QBs do that? He's at the point now where I expect him to be "the guy" from a leadership and gamesmanship standpoint. He obviously has all the physical tools, and has a system that fits him (and receiving corps as well). I believe his play will overcome the OL's deficiencies more-so than previous years as well, not saying he won't take a sack, but he's getting much more comfortable with the pocket. The players seem to be feeding off his confidence this year...that's new, and cannot be ignored, it will help everything.

Two, the team's young talent has been improving with Hickey. I'm not saying we have a trainload of pro-bowlers on their first contract, but if the youngsters keep developing like several have over the past few years, and the team can systematically maintain a higher level of talent, unlike they ever have. Still a few holes to fill and more depth to improve, but considering the holes going into 2012/13, I like where they are. Great teams do that, they have the chance, we'll see how it goes.

Three, like it and/or agree with it or not, Philbin seems to also be improving IMO. I think his main problem is the learning curve is much bigger than he expected when he took the job, but he's adjusting and growing in it...slowly...but if he can steadily improve, if slowly, along with RT's improvement, it's not beyond the realm of possibility to expect consistency in making the playoffs. I'm not a "Philbin fan," but I certainly hope and pull for him to get it done while he's on the team.

My answer is 1 with a decent possibility of 2, because it's so damn hard to win a Super Bowl, and with the parity and free agency being what they are, it's even harder to maintain that level. But I think they'll be annually respected and have a shot for many years once they hurdle the regular season.

As the QB 6....as a WR...3 and as the future GM 11...

Back
Top Bottom