How many wins without Ricky? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How many wins without Ricky?

Mr. Miyagi

Crane kick first, ask questions later
Reaction score
I come in peace, first of all. :)

Not trying to talk smack, but I've heard several ESPN analysts say that the Dolphins will be lucky to win 7 games this year now that Ricky is gone.

What are your opinions?

oh i would say about 4 more than bills . mark my words man miami will win atleast 11 games this year ....

We haven't been to the playoffs since we got Ricky. It's obvious he didn't make that big of a difference. Not because he wasn't the best back in the league, but because the rest of our offense sucked. I think that with our upgraded offense, the loss of Ricky just kinds of brings us back to square 1. We shouldn't be any better or worse than we were last year. 10-6. Unless of course Minor has a breakout year then it's 16-0 !!!!!

I feel confident about 10... But I'll stretch my optimism and say 11. ESPN knows nothing. They think that we'll crumble without Ricky. They're plain stupid!!

mike_vee said:
oh i would say about 4 more than bills . mark my words man miami will win atleast 11 games this year ....
i dont want to sound pessimistic but what do you base that on man? i mean every1 ive heard whose optimistic about this season speaks about how our defence will step up. they are getting older and will be lucky to recreate anything better than their form last year (which, by the way, was not nearly as good as i expected). now without ricky we place our hands in an inexperienced o-line, a back that will not have the productivity of williams and a third stringer from philly. i tell you what, our receivers and tight end better perform well enough to mask all of those things cos they are about the only positive thing on this offense (oh and by the way our o-line will come good in a few years but for now they suck. i can see a turley-pace like combination forming between carey and smith. both should be future pro bowlers). 6-9 wins for the phins this season. we will be busy in the next off-season, find an adequate replacement for ricky, draft well and be right back on track for '05! Oh and we will also get rid of wanny! :D

Being a dolphin fan I always thought ricky was overrated. He brought us no more wins and made our offense one dimensional. Heck he had one of the lowest yards per carry out of any feature back in the NFL(besides eddie george it may have been the lowest). I personally feel we will be better off without him. Along with minor being heavily under used and under rated. For their careers (granted Ricky carries it alot more) minor as average a yard per carry more. That equates to more first downs. More first downs = more points. ESPN analyst obviously dont know everything and havent studied this much. If your talking about wins. Lamar smith was a better back than ricky.

Here let me put it this way it wont matter who are running back is if we run between the guards on every 1st and 2nd down and throw an incomplete quick out on 3rd. Not even Priest or LT could help that kind of game planning.

LOSING RICKY IS A BLESSING IN DISGUISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I say 11-5 or better!
Case in point adversity bring out the best in competitors.This is the first year in a while nobody expects anything in us but failure so to a buncha guys who feel they've been shafted I would say if this offseason doesn't bring the best out in them then sell the team.One player doesn't determine that drastic of a difference unless maybe you have Peyton Manning.
We''ll turn heads this season for the better!

I think 6 to 9 wins for the Fins. Ricky Williams was basically the whole offense. Travis Minor is gonna do pretty well, but not as well as Ricky. But they also got David Boston who will upgrade the passing game. But they don't have a clear cut great starting QB.

I think 6 to 9 wins for the Fins. Ricky Williams was basically the whole offense. Travis Minor is gonna do pretty well, but not as well as Ricky. But they also got David Boston who will upgrade the passing game. But they don't have a clear cut great starting QB.

Ricky being the whole offense was the reason we didn't make the playoff with him here cause we were predictable.
Without him what will teams expect from us?

finregime said:
Ricky being the whole offense was the reason we didn't make the playoff with him here cause we were predictable.
Without him what will teams expect from us?

My guess is that teams will expect a struggling offense with a new QB,
a questionable O-line, and a running back without much game experience.
Don't get me wrong, I know the Phins well enough to know that they
will play the Jets tough both times they play, but your situation on
offense is less then enviable.

I think our defense alone is good enough to get 8 or 9 wins. IF the offense gels you can expect maybe 2 or 3 more. Those people who are predicting 4 wins don't understand football. I heard the same predictions in Wanny's first year here. We finished with 11 that year. The difference is that this defense is better and this offense has more talent.

Back
Top Bottom