How many wins without Ricky? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How many wins without Ricky?

It depends. If we get no production out of our QBs, we will not win more than 6 games. If one of our QBs steps up and plays well (and the offensive line doesn't get him killed), we can win 10 games.

I think with Ricky gone it is going to force us to have a balanced offense which will be a great thing. Chambers and Boston on the outside will open up huge running holes for Minor.

I think Miami will win 10 or 11 games and make the playoffs.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and be optimistic...10 - 6 and BARELY make the play-offs as a wild card. I think the offensive philosophy will be different this year and it will be enough to give us some what of an edge. As long as feeley or fiedler aren't throwing games away we'll be decent.

Your optimism is understood.

On one hand I think losing Ricky is taking a big step back, your running game is now suddenly untested and unproven, and could cause your QB to have to sling it out, much like the Patriots last year (with success in that case).

On the other hand like somebody else said, it'll force your offense to be more balanced. With the addition of Boston (if he doesn't act up physically or mentally), your passing game will be more respected and defenses won't stack the line like they did last year against Ricky. That'll open up the lanes for Minor and prompt him to succeed.

With an inexperience OC, a potentially new QB, and an aging defense, however, my guess is 8-8 for the Dolphins.

well jeez im no ESPN analyst so I guess that means my opinion isnt worth a lot but 10-12 win season wouldnt surprise me at all. Our Pass Attack will surprise a lot of ppl and our defense is still strong. Also our RBs (whoever they are) will be able to average 4 ypc..

FiN.in.RI said:
Also our RBs (whoever they are) will be able to average 4 ypc..
How can you predict that especially without knowing whoever your RBs are??

These predictions are all well and good, but the fact of the matter is until we know who the starting RB will be these are not even educated guesses. You may as well be throwing darts at a dart board.

FiN.in.RI said:
well jeez im no ESPN analyst so I guess that means my opinion isnt worth a lot but 10-12 win season wouldnt surprise me at all. Our Pass Attack will surprise a lot of ppl and our defense is still strong. Also our RBs (whoever they are) will be able to average 4 ypc..
that's the spirit. :up: .

Mr. Miyagi said:
How can you predict that especially without knowing whoever your RBs are??
or how the OL will perform either pass protecting or run blocking.

BuffRangePigpen said:
You honestly don't see a problem with that statement?
Actually No I dont.

To Elaborate..

THe way I see it right now without speculating on who will be picked up via trade or FA, Minor will be fine taking RWs place. Minor may not be as strong as RW or able to push the line forward like RW but I feel he will be adequate enough in the backfield if used properly..( as in Minor not being the focus of the offense). Combine that with Leonard Henry who averaged 9 ypc in college (i know the NFL is much different but still).. The phinz can have a good 1-2 punch because if our passing game is on point then what are opposing defenses gonna be able to key on? No more stacking 8 in the box because Feeley WILL take advantage of that and so will David Boston, Chris CHambers, Randy McMichael and Rob Konrad.

THEN when Opposing Defenses respect the Pass Attack, it leaves Minor open to finesse his way in and around Defensive backfields..

This whole RW drama creates a big ? for opposing Defensive Coordinators - No more run ricky right/left/up the middle 30 times a game. It will be MUCH worse for them if Feeley performs the way I think he will..

Obviously all Speculation at this point as the season hasn't started yet..

Sorry I want more clear in my previous post.

pigskinguy said:
These predictions are all well and good, but the fact of the matter is until we know who the starting RB will be these are not even educated guesses. You may as well be throwing darts at a dart board.
Its a very good educated guess seeing as Minor being the Incuumbent should be starting week one with LH right behind him..It only makes sense for this season.
If it doesn;t work out then next season is where the FO should do something about it RB core.

Justasportsfan said:
or how the OL will perform either pass protecting or run blocking.
True that. It all starts up front in the trenches. No one knows until the season starts but no point in saying "The OL is not going to be able to do the job" unless you wanna be pessimistic or think about the worst that can happen. I personally think that there is nothing stopping this OLINE to gel quickly and perform to a good level.

I'd say about 8-9 wins. I think we are going to struggle early in the season trying to find our new identity, but as the season progresses I think we'll come on strong.

Back
Top Bottom