How many wins without Ricky? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How many wins without Ricky?

I just hope we go to the playoffs and beat the Pats on week 3.

MDFINFAN said:
But Justa, Ricky's not playing shouldn't keep this team from the playoffs. This team actually has more players that are good than it had the last time we made the playoffs. We have WR's now, a TE, a new OL (questionable), a good FB, a vet QB and a somewhat experienced QB, and a QB who knows our system. That's more than we had the last time we made the playoffs. We even have a backup WR who started last year and with Sullivan as the position coach, that should add depth and actually get more production out of the starting receivers. We'll have actual Vet. depth on the OL this year.
Our D has more good players than it's had in the last 5 years. This is still probably a very good team..there's no way 1 person stops the team in it's track. Plus the team has the TC to make the adjustments on O based on personnel, that's better than Ricky going down in the 1st game and lost for the season. So don't count this team out yet.
MD, the fins aren't facing the Pats from the last time you made playoffs. That fins are not facing the bills' Rob/Flutie team . Do you honestly think that Minor could've done what RW did to the bills D when he carried the ball 40+ times and broke our back in last years first game? The fins then faced a weaker AFCE.

As for your qb, OL etc. it's all paper. If you want to use paper , the bills have a new coach who rejuvinated qb's careers and made the Pits O the best running team the first year and total O the next. Wyche was partly responsible for the likes of Esiason and Montana. McNally?

The Jets are getting better and the Pats are sb champs.

Like I said, I wouldn't count the fins out but getting rid of the ony proven player on your team and saying we are better of is a denial. Feely is unproven, your OC is unproven, your OL is unproven and Boston is a question mark however w/ huge potential.

Whywas Wanny so worried when RW retired? Why are the fins looking for a replacement if Wanspiel thinks that "we made playoffs w/o RW" ?

FinaticPatch said:
Here let me put it this way it wont matter who are running back is if we run between the guards on every 1st and 2nd down and throw an incomplete quick out on 3rd. Not even Priest or LT could help that kind of game planning.

LOSING RICKY IS A BLESSING IN DISGUISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the statment of this year..I totally agree..no blanket, open up the O..this could be an exciting year for us...even with Ricky the questions at OL and QB still could have made this a burst year for us.

No one was celebrating when the Falcons lost Vick, Jets lost Chad. I never read "Oh the possibilities". The run should open up the pass or the pass should open up the run. Problem is, you don't know for sure if you have either.

Justasportsfan said:
MD, the fins aren't facing the Pats from the last time you made playoffs. That fins are not facing the bills' Rob/Flutie team . Do you honestly think that Minor could've done what RW did to the bills D when he carried the ball 40+ times and broke our back in last years first game? The fins then faced a weaker AFCE.

As for your qb, OL etc. it's all paper. If you want to use paper , the bills have a new coach who rejuvinated qb's careers and made the Pits O the best running team the first year and total O the next. Wyche was partly responsible for the likes of Esiason and Montana. McNally?

The Jets are getting better and the Pats are sb champs.

Like I said, I wouldn't count the fins out but getting rid of the ony proven player on your team and saying we are better of is a denial. Feely is unproven, your OC is unproven, your OL is unproven and Boston is a question mark however w/ huge potential.

Whywas Wanny so worried when RW retired? Why are the fins looking for a replacement if Wanspiel thinks that "we made playoffs w/o RW" ?

I agree with this but it didn't take a 40 carry perfromance to beat the Bills in Buffalo. In fact it didn't take much offense at all. The Bills have plenty of question marks themselves especially along the O-line, QB postion, #2 receiver (Reed and Shaw are stiffs and although Evans will help he will not start) and defensive end. The truth of the matter is everybody except for the New England Patriots (who could actually have O-line problems because I don't think they signed "Big Cat" Williams becasue they thought they'd be nice and I've heard Adrian Klemm may not be 100%) every team in the NFL has question marks going into camp. The nature of the fans is that those question marks will work out while rival fans believe it will never happen.

F150&Dolfan said:
I agree with this but it didn't take a 40 carry perfromance to beat the Bills in Buffalo. In fact it didn't take much offense at all. The Bills have plenty of question marks themselves especially along the O-line, QB postion, #2 receiver (Reed and Shaw are stiffs and although Evans will help he will not start) and defensive end. The truth of the matter is everybody except for the New England Patriots (who could actually have O-line problems because I don't think they signed "Big Cat" Williams becasue they thought they'd be nice and I've heard Adrian Klemm may not be 100%) every team in the NFL has question marks going into camp. The nature of the fans is that those question marks will work out while rival fans believe it will never happen.
I agree. My point is , the fins have had question marks themselves prior to RW's quitting. All of a sudden , "we've made playoffs without him.....". Yeah the bills do have question marks but they are definitely better than that 3 -13 bills that the fins faced the last time they made playoffs.

Justasportsfan said:
I agree. My point is , the fins have had question marks themselves prior to RW's quitting. All of a sudden , "we've made playoffs without him.....". Yeah the bills do have question marks but they are definitely better than that 3 -13 bills that the fins faced the last time they made playoffs.

I see your point. I just think the fins will be competitive in 2004. Some people are acting as if Miami will now line up on offense with 10 guys instead of 11. That's ridiculous.

Also when you look at the AFC only New England stands out. Every other team in the AFC was beaten like a red headed step child by the Pats at one time or another.

9-11 wins, depending on how the RB situation turns out.

Jets81 said:
My guess is that teams will expect a struggling offense with a new QB,
a questionable O-line, and a running back without much game experience.
In other words, you mean like the Jets offense, oh wait, sorry, the Jets have instead an overrated QB, and an over the hill RB to go with a struggling O-line....unlike Miami though, they don't have much to speak of on defense either.:lol:

tay0365 said:
In other words, you mean like the Jets offense, oh wait, sorry, the Jets have instead an overrated QB, and an over the hill RB to go with a struggling O-line....unlike Miami though, they don't have much to speak of on defense either.:lol:

Pennington overrated? Both Miami and Buffalo could only be so lucky to have Pennington as the starter on opening day!

Justasportsfan said:
No one was celebrating when the Falcons lost Vick, Jets lost Chad. I never read "Oh the possibilities". The run should open up the pass or the pass should open up the run. Problem is, you don't know for sure if you have either.

Pats lost blesoe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Delhomme beat out Peete and Weinke cool I can play that game too.

LOL I can't wait until the season starts. It'll be interesting to see who ends up eating crow. :)

You're touching on the real issue, but haven't gotten all the way to it. This is all wild speculation, as none of us has ANY CLUE about:

* How well the O-line holds up
* Whether the QB can keep his composure
* If Wannstedt finally allows a balanced offensive attack
* If Wannstedt finally plays the same defensive scheme all 4 quarters, rather than this "prevent" BS that loses in the end (Note: Living in NJ, I've only been to two games in my life... both in Foxboro, both at the end of the year ('01 and '02), and prevent defense lost the game in BOTH!!!)

The RB himself isn't as important as those around him. Even Williams, the playmaker that he was (note: was... not is), couldn't do much when the O-line collapsed.

As for the thread question at hand... my guess is 10. I think they'll get off to an average start (50/50 in the first half of the season), then adjust into a well-balanced team. They'll make it in via a wild card, as the POS Pats will do well all year (because Belichick knows how to mold individuals into a team). I won't speculate beyond regular season.

Back
Top Bottom