How Miami could tank ... and win | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Miami could tank ... and win

All the team needed to do was bring in a real qb as the cap situation was already going to be better since Suh was cut. Instead Grier, not knowing how to do his job, decided to sabotage the entire team.

This team was a lot more than a QB away from contending. The only player we had to protect the QB was Tunsil. The defense shows it wasn't close to be a championship defense. I agree there is talent on offense at WR and RB, but without a line to block for them, they aren't going to produce. We tried to plug and play since Marino retired and it hasn't worked in almost 20 years.

This is a new approach and I'm on board with the decisions the front office makes, because even if they fail in three years, it's the same place we would've been if we hadn't decided to tank.

All the team needed to do was bring in a real qb as the cap situation was already going to be better since Suh was cut. Instead Grier, not knowing how to do his job, decided to sabotage the entire team.
Hahahahahahahahahahaha......... ::deep breath:: ....... Hahahahahahaha

I don't care if you threw Dan Marino in his prime on last years team, it would have been just slightly better than it was. Which was extremely bland and mediocre. Outside Tunsil the OL was trash. And don't give me the James stuff. Dude would get injured or draw a flag. Outside of occasionally busting loose deep, Still would be non existent for long periods of time. We were NOT 1 player away. For too long this team talked themselves into thinking that and hence a decade plus of 6-8 wins.

So what the hell is your brilliant plan?... outside of all your boo hoo negative posts?

The only way to tank and win is hitting on draft picks otherwise it was all for nothing. We need to hit on at least 3-4 All pro type talent in the next 2 drafts and 4-5 solid starters and 3-4 good role players. If we walk away with more Charles Harris/Dio Jordan and Reakwon McMillan type of player we're not going to have a good time.

Id argue we just need one all-pro, the QB, to make it worth my time.

Colts went from 1-15 to 11-5 in one year. I dont think we do that but its not unrealistic to be competing for the playoffs in two years. Hell competing for the playoffs next year isnt some crazy thought.

I've read that book series already it came out in 1983 and ended in 1999.

Id gladly take that over what we have had. It would be fun. Plus if he is an All-pro we are doing things as a team. Having 3-4 all pros on a team is a high aspiration much less drafting them in consecutive drafts.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha......... ::deep breath:: ....... Hahahahahahaha

I don't care if you threw Dan Marino in his prime on last years team, it would have been just slightly better than it was. Which was extremely bland and mediocre. Outside Tunsil the OL was trash. And don't give me the James stuff. Dude would get injured or draw a flag. Outside of occasionally busting loose deep, Still would be non existent for long periods of time. We were NOT 1 player away. For too long this team talked themselves into thinking that and hence a decade plus of 6-8 wins.

So what the hell is your brilliant plan?... outside of all your boo hoo negative posts?

I can’t take you seriously when you say that team would have only been “slightly better” with a prime Dan Marino instead of a **** qb that we wasted 7 years on, who was 32nd in dvoa.

Honestly this sabotage is more of Grier thinking Tannehill was better than he is. Didn’t that moron say it wasn’t a mistake to draft Tannehill?

This is the second place I have read that we will not get a 3rd round comp pick for James. Anyone know why it has dropped to a 4th when everyone was reporting it as a 3rd for so long

still can't believe some are proud of this...

I’m fine with it. This is like a Jimmy Johnson blueprint. Dallas sucked and after JJ built up draft capital they went on to win 3 SBs.

haha Can't look back now. The deed has been done. This type of tank has never been done. If it works it will happen more in the NFL. Revolutionary even. If it doesnt work, well we we took the chance.
On the plus side, if we get back to 7 wins a year in a couple of years, it's going to feel like winning a playoff game. Maybe that is the backup plan anyway.

I’m fine with it. This is like a Jimmy Johnson blueprint. Dallas sucked and after JJ built up draft capital they went on to win 3 SBs.

Absolutely no changes in the league from then until now.

Also

But Grier is clueless

Basically said that young players aren’t as valuable Bc the cba limits practices and stunts development.

Back
Top Bottom