How much of the blame gets put on Spielman? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How much of the blame gets put on Spielman?

phinfan27

Second String
Joined
Oct 20, 2002
Messages
1,195
Reaction score
0
I say a lot.... his drafts sucked and he hired Wanny.
 

phinfan27

Second String
Joined
Oct 20, 2002
Messages
1,195
Reaction score
0
I don't know how much of the blame we can put on him for last season though
 

Roman529

Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew
Joined
Jul 20, 2004
Messages
36,436
Reaction score
49
Age
55
Location
Belgium
Here is where I put the blame:


Wannny 60%
Speilman 40%
:yell:
 

phinfan27

Second String
Joined
Oct 20, 2002
Messages
1,195
Reaction score
0
Roman529 said:
Here is where I put the blame:


Wannny 60%
Speilman 40%
:yell:

I would say thats about right considering for most of the time we had the talent in place to be very successful and Wanny found a way to F it up.
 

DiepatriotsDie

Seasoned Veteran
Joined
Jun 6, 2004
Messages
852
Reaction score
18
Location
LA
Truthfully, I'm not terribly disappointed to see him leave, but I don't think he was anywhere near as bad as you guys make him out to be. He made some questionable decisions here and there, but there are many GM's who have done worse. I do think he was a good evaluator of talent. He wasn't much of a dealer though. While I think Feeley will do well, a second rounder was way too much. No GM could have had success with Wanny around. Good luck in the future Rick.
 

phinphan11

Perennial All-Pro
Joined
Jun 14, 2003
Messages
4,860
Reaction score
0
Location
Lakeland, Florida
Roman529 said:
Here is where I put the blame:


Wannny 60%
Speilman 40%
:yell:

There can probably be more added to this list. The 'blame' should be spread over most of the coacing team.

But , as we know, the 'head' always gets the most blame.
 

NathanHunt

Fluff Girls are underpaid.
Joined
Mar 29, 2004
Messages
1,552
Reaction score
2
Age
48
Location
Kentucky
phinfan27 said:
I say a lot.... his drafts sucked and he hired Wanny.

This is a shining example of mob mentality.

Before you go to the next village and set it on fire, you might want to research a little:

Spielman spent five years in Miami (ESPN)

And, for the last time, Wanny hired Spielman. Wanny made ALL personnel decisions until LAST YEAR.
 

NathanHunt

Fluff Girls are underpaid.
Joined
Mar 29, 2004
Messages
1,552
Reaction score
2
Age
48
Location
Kentucky
DiepatriotsDie said:
Truthfully, I'm not terribly disappointed to see him leave, but I don't think he was anywhere near as bad as you guys make him out to be. He made some questionable decisions here and there, but there are many GM's who have done worse. I do think he was a good evaluator of talent. He wasn't much of a dealer though. While I think Feeley will do well, a second rounder was way too much. No GM could have had success with Wanny around. Good luck in the future Rick.

:up:
 

GRYPHONK

Pro Bowler
Club Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2005
Messages
2,837
Reaction score
457
It's very simple. You gotta look at the whole time here.

I think his blame will have to wait until after this season.

Pope, Bua, Carey, Feeley, Poole, Mcintosh, Hadnot. Even Boston.

These were guys that Spielman got on his own authority and not Wannys.

If these guys turn out great for us, Spielman did a really good job. If they wind up being busts, then he gets alot of blame.

We will also find out if trading a 2nd for Feeley was good or bad this year. I don't blame him for the 3rd for Gordon or trading O-GUN. Those were trade he had to make
 

DolfanCole

FinHeaven VIP
Joined
Aug 9, 2004
Messages
2,090
Reaction score
0
Age
51
Location
Hampton, VA
Overall, I think that Spielman did a pretty good job. From what I have read on this site, Spielman seems to get much of the blame for things that didn't go right, and not much credit for things that went well.
 

NathanHunt

Fluff Girls are underpaid.
Joined
Mar 29, 2004
Messages
1,552
Reaction score
2
Age
48
Location
Kentucky
GRYPHONK said:
It's very simple. You gotta look at the whole time here.

I think his blame will have to wait until after this season.

Pope, Bua, Carey, Feeley, Poole, Mcintosh, Hadnot. Even Boston.

These were guys that Spielman got on his own authority and not Wannys.

If these guys turn out great for us, Spielman did a really good job. If they wind up being busts, then he gets alot of blame.

We will also find out if trading a 2nd for Feeley was good or bad this year. I don't blame him for the 3rd for Gordon or trading O-GUN. Those were trade he had to make

Wisdom of this caliber is rarely seen around here....

:allhail:

I would like to invite you to my Genious Club. I'd give you directions to it, but I forgot where it was.

Serioulsy, good post!
 
Top Bottom