How much should the first team offense play Saturday vs Vegas? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How much should the first team offense play Saturday vs Vegas?

I am back and forth but with a joint practice next week I’d say don’t play them. The 1st team is full of vets they don’t need reps in an exhibition game.

I bet the first team plays,, Coach wants this fanbase and this team to bond.

This I can get behind. The local ABC affiliate is showing it here.

p.s. Am I the only one who has realized it'll be McDaniel matching wits w/ McDaniels?
It’s hard to say they will be matching wits in a preseason game. Neither team will show the offense or defense they will be playing once the regular season begins.

Preseason is nothing but seeing what players can fill out the bottom part of the roster during the season and playing the starters as little as possible in an attempt to keep them healthy going into the season.

They don’t call the preseason games vanilla for nothing.

For me it depends on what the Raiders do. If they open up with their starters I feel it's worth it to put ours out there--excluding of course anyone currently dinged up or that had offseason surgery. So many changes to the team I feel it would help to have a live practice run in an otherwise meaningless game.

But if LVS throws out mostly reserves I don't think there is anything for our starters to learn and the only ones who should see the field are those that need the practice to hone their familiarity with the playbook or who are not yet clearly #1 at their position. Everyone else they use should be reserves trying to earn or solidify their spot on the roster.

It’s hard to say they will be matching wits in a preseason game. Neither team will show the offense or defense they will be playing once the regular season begins.

Preseason is nothing but seeing what players can fill out the bottom part of the roster during the season and playing the starters as little as possible in an attempt to keep them healthy going into the season.

They don’t call the preseason games vanilla for nothing.
I thought it was interesting that we didn’t run any outside zone against Tampa.

Coach Mc has said several times in his pressers that it’s a case by case basis. He puts too much thought into the process to simply say starters are going to play a half or whatever.

I personally the offense needs the game action and should play the first half. New offense , new line , new skill players, and we have 4 tough games right out of the gate. I think they need the work and need to put in some playing time these next two weeks. Thoughts ?
I think it should be predicated by whether the Raiders okay their first team defense. IMO the league rule should be that coaches consult before the game. Better for the game, the fans and player safety. If it’s Raider reserves, then I don’t play Tua, Armstead, Hill nor Waddle. Same as to the defense.

This I can get behind. The local ABC affiliate is showing it here.

p.s. Am I the only one who has realized it'll be McDaniel matching wits w/ McDaniels?
303f8b04-a60c-4749-9a77-038a481ac80e_text.gif

For me it depends on what the Raiders do. If they open up with their starters I feel it's worth it to put ours out there--excluding of course anyone currently dinged up or that had offseason surgery. So many changes to the team I feel it would help to have a live practice run in an otherwise meaningless game.

But if LVS throws out mostly reserves I don't think there is anything for our starters to learn and the only ones who should see the field are those that need the practice to hone their familiarity with the playbook or who are not yet clearly #1 at their position. Everyone else they use should be reserves trying to earn or solidify their spot on the roster.

If I want to play my starters then I play them…

If I don’t then I don’t…

What I do has nothing to do with what they do

If none of them play, none of them get hurt.

Pretty sure the starters got this football thing figured out by now. (except for Tua...oh I kid the forum)

Plus, why show the league anything.

Back
Top Bottom