How much should the first team offense play Saturday vs Vegas? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How much should the first team offense play Saturday vs Vegas?

I'll go with however long it takes to run most (no need to force calls and ignore the game situation) of the plays they want to try in game action this week, or half-
time regardless of what happens.

Mcd says himself in a recent interview, practice like you play. I don't think he puts as much merit on these preseason games as fans do. If he truly believes they would get just as good as practice on their own practice field... then I don't see them taking snaps at all.

One series unless it’s a three and out or a turnover. In that case the first unit should have a second series and then call it a night no matter how the second series goes.
Agreed. Because new coaches or not this is mostly the same players that couldn't figure out how to line up before and I am not in the mood for a repeat week 1 against the Pats.

On another note when is someone other than Coleman gonna get left tackle reps with the 1s?

Austin jackson looks like a better athlete now but I’m not sure I’m seeing left tackle athlete there.

I get the feeling we are gonna play with Coleman if armstead can’t go. 😬
In that case, shouldn't Coleman get all the preseason reps possible?

These players AND coaching staff NEED the work. Especially amongst new teammates, new coaches, all in a new overall system.

We have to do things reasonably but you can play or make decision scared.

We have a tough 4 games strech to start the season and NEED to start off fast.

Agreed. Because new coaches or not this is mostly the same players that couldn't figure out how to line up before and I am not in the mood for a repeat week 1 against the Pats.
But doesn't the "first team practice during the week?

I feel too many posters are putting too much value on preseason games for those they feel are the first team.

McDaniel has shown me he knows more about what to do preseason than any HC I've seen with the Dolphins, and overall, I like it. I have likes and dislikes, but at this point I will not try to second guess him.

Why not see where we are personnel wise during the last two preseason games before we get all "wound around the axle".

I think this HC is who we have been waiting for. We'll know more in 3 weeks - LOL

Back
Top Bottom