How Much Time Should Flores Get To Turn This Team Around? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Much Time Should Flores Get To Turn This Team Around?

If there is no improvement in yr. 2, you have to move on. We don't necessarily have to have a winning record, but I want to see improvement from year to year until we get in the upper tier of the league. After that, the ability to maintain excellence.

When he gets a real QB he should get two years minimum. When is that though? 2020? He’d be in Miami 3-4 years MIN then.

If there is no improvement in yr. 2, you have to move on. We don't necessarily have to have a winning record, but I want to see improvement from year to year until we get in the upper tier of the league. After that, the ability to maintain excellence.

Year 2 might not be enough with a quality team if they trade everyone this offseason.

Pretty much the same, 3-4 years. Even in a rebuilding year you can tell how good a coach is going to be by the way the team plays. Even with a lack of talent you can see if the team is playing with proper fundamental and passion. You can also observe success in halftime adjustments, success of drafted players and free ageant acquisitions. Plus much more.

ONE.

He needs to show competence in game management. How the team comes prepared and adjustments at half time. He needs to show clock management. He needs to show that he and his assembled assistant coaches can coach up players (rather than discard those that don't fit the brand). His primary goal should be to rebuild the trenches.

If he succeeds in year one, then allow him to develop our new QB. Otherwise, we find another Head Coach quickly. I don't want to wait 4 years to find out he doesn't have the goods.

ONE.

He needs to show competence in game management. How the team comes prepared and adjustments at half time. He needs to show clock management. He needs to show that he and his assembled assistant coaches can coach up players (rather than discard those that don't fit the brand). His primary goal should be to rebuild the trenches.

If he succeeds in year one, then allow him to develop our new QB. Otherwise, we find another Head Coach quickly. I don't want to wait 4 years to find out he doesn't have the goods.

Unless it's a complete Cam Cameron type of meltdown, of HIS MAKING. You are setting yourself up to be disappointed.

Unless it's a complete Cam Cameron type of meltdown, of HIS MAKING. You are setting yourself up to be disappointed.

I have very low expectations for Flores. I have a gut feeling that this hire is only temporary until Harbaugh or someone else becomes available in 1-2 years to take a rebuild young team with a new QB.

This upcoming year is a wash. So if the team holds true to the latest "Ross Manifesto", this is what I want to see in this years draft, interior line on both sides of the ball, including the best nose tackle left at 13 and the best center at the next pick. I am thinking Hybrid 3- 4 because it is the most flexible D. Of course having said this, I have to get over the Trauma of the Fins 3-4 being totally destroyed by the Oilers running game for years, and years, and did I mention years, but I digress. Also LB's..
Record Expectation 4 and 12

2020 draft, top pick QB, along with highest LB's possible and a decent young TE.
Record Expectation 4 and 12

2021 TE if needed, then depth, then BPA. In other words, if there is no immediate need, and you are good with the depth, then you default to BPA. Record Expectation >= 8 and 8

2022 draft BPA, Depth Record Expectation a winning record, top 12 D and O

2023 draft BPA, Record Expectation Playoffs into the second round

2024 Draft BPA, Depth. Record Expectation Win the division and home field advantage through the playoffs

This is why I see no problem with the concept that everything is for sale, and or trade. By the time this team is ready for greatness, the LT and CB contracts will be waaayyyy to high for what they would be worth. Remember folks there are teams in the playoffs right now who's RT and CB's are not pro bowlers, they are good mind you, but just not superstars. Of course for many of us, this might be the last or next to last roundup, except for Vaark, "with level of his income and the state of modern medical technology he expects to live to at least 120". So I can't see it happening any faster, but I have come to terms it may never happen, in my lifetime.

The Ever "Crazy Eddie" VIPER

All depends on how he does. Personnel decisions and how players develop. It's a combination of things and you can't really put a time table on it at this point.

Is probably gonna be 4. Next year is trash. So then we draft a QB and if by year 3 with new QB we aren’t making the Playoffs time to tear it down.

As bad as this team is..... And will be.... I say 2019 is a wash. Hopefully we hit on draft picks.

2020 Will be only a little better in that I hope we have our new QB by then.
2021 7-9 wins would be a good record
2022 9-11 wins
2023 12+ wins

Anything less in 2023 you gotta start looking for a new coach.

Honestly he should not be judged strictly off record but by how the team develops. Year 1 may be rough. Year 2 also may be rough if we dont get a qb till then. In year 3 you want to see if improvement continues or if they got stagnant and them make a decision from there

Let me add that that doesnt necessarily mean a change cant be made earlier. If the team ends up being a disaster like Arizona under Steve Wilks (where they aren't only not competitive but regress as the year goes) he is gone after a year. You kind of have to use your eyes

Back
Top Bottom