How much weight does Ross have regarding the draft? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How much weight does Ross have regarding the draft?

mwestberry

Club Member
Reaction score
I know he owns the team but does anyone know:

Does he have final say on selections (if there is a player he wants)

Are stadium revenues ever a consideration? ... all stadium sales suffered greatly last year ... Ticket sales and food/souvenirs ... would drafting OL over play maker make any sense if both are a need?

If we had a starter in a contract year and knew we didn't want to foot the bill to resign him ... would Ross be involved to the point we need his replacement?

Just curious ...

said in another thread Ross has always wanted a high flying circus act on O

and I'm pretty sure he's in the loop regarding high-performance targets...

Would he force the issue at this point? Maybe.

I think Ross had a lot to do with Tua getting the nod over Fitz. You can see how close Flores and Fitz were, seemed odd to bench a veteran and still have that great relationship. so i think he has all the weight, when he wants to use it-doesnt seem like he is the meddling type of owner though.

I think Ross had a lot to do with Tua getting the nod over Fitz. You can see how close Flores and Fitz were, seemed odd to bench a veteran and still have that great relationship. so i think he has all the weight, when he wants to use it-doesnt seem like he is the meddling type of owner though.
Not sure I buy that. He wouldn't get involved in those decisions.

I believe that decision was Flores.

Not sure I buy that. He wouldn't get involved in those decisions.

I believe that decision was Flores.
As a few posters pointed out, there was a lot smoke around the idea that Ross badly wanted Jackson. I think its safe to say he sticks his nose in every once in a while (not shocking). There were reports that Ross was enamored with TUA pre draft as well.
the biggest "smoking gun" should be Flores saying "if TUA was my son, i wouldn't allow him to play this season-due to the injury" Then a few weeks later naming him the starter.

I don't think he's a hands on like Jerry Jones for example. He wanted to tear down and rebuilt but other than that I don't think he's watching tape of college players and telling Grier/Flores who to draft.

Back
Top Bottom