How Norv will help Jay | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Norv will help Jay

Here's the improvement

Originally posted by KB21
Where's the improvement?

2000 - 15 games...204/357...57.1%...2402 yds...6.7 ypa...61(long)...14 TDs...14 INTs...74.5 QB rating....267 yds rushing...1 TD....missed training camp, played injured all year.

2001 - 16 games... 273/450...60.7%...3290 yds...7.3 ypa...74t(long)...20 TDs...19 INTs...80.3 QB rating...321 yds rushing...4 TDs.....stayed healthy for all 16 games.

There it is in black and white. Jay improved in every category except INTs. And he improved those dramatically down the stretch.

KB, your not going to win this debate...it has already been hashed out over and over again, and you only have about three supporters on this site for your side.

Just drop it, unless you just like to argue.

I don't care how many people outnumber me. I know I'm right. I know that NFL Personnel execs and most scouts agree with me. What a few homers think doesn't bother me.

I don't care how many people outnumber me. I know I'm right. I know that NFL Personnel execs and most scouts agree with me. What a few homers think doesn't bother me.

Homers? LMAO, yea, that's what we are.

If all these scouts and execs are so stronly on your side, then explain to me why Norv, and Dave, and Rick all agreed to sign up Jay for 5 years?

Are you smarter then they are? Do you get to break down game film, and make personel decisions every day.

Bottom line, your a fan just like us, and we agree with the Dolphins top brass, you bring nothing but your own inane opinions.

FYI...

Originally posted by dolfan87
KB, your not going to win this debate...it has already been hashed out over and over again, and you only have about three supporters on this site for your side.

Just drop it, unless you just like to argue.

... KB is the kind of guy who thinks, scuse me knows he can do a better job than any GM in the NFL. You see even though this is just a hobby for him he knows more than the paid PRO's.

I believe KB is on the record as saying he will be a NFL GM by the age of 30 or 31. I believe KB is 22-24 years old right now.

He also expects perfection from all players but settles for less in his own life. He will harp on Jay Fiedler and say he needs to be prefect for him to ever get his respect, but KB can score less than AVG grades in school and that's just fine and dandy.

You see we are graced by his presence and insights (even though they are not his own); we are truly lucky to know him. Don't you get it? He is better than every person on the face of the earth and probably in the Universe.

And yes KB loves to argue and down right fight and make personal attacking posts to posters. You are seeing the kind and gentle KB right now. Just wait until he gets his feet wet here. Oh he's the bell of the ball.

Oliver...

Well, the ole ban button is always right at my fingertips...so never fear.

Wanny, Spielman and Norv...

Originally posted by dolfan87

Homers? LMAO, yea, that's what we are.

If all these scouts and execs are so stronly on your side, then explain to me why Norv, and Dave, and Rick all agreed to sign up Jay for 5 years?

Are you smarter then they are? Do you get to break down game film, and make personel decisions every day.

Bottom line, your a fan just like us, and we agree with the Dolphins top brass, you bring nothing but your own inane opinions.

... they are all hacks now. Never mind KB said Norv would never ever allow Fiedler to be his starting QB. Of course now that it has happened Norv is now under Wanny's influence. No it's impossible that Norv actually thinks Jay may have potential, no way no how.

It's always another excuse for why Jay is allowed to be the starting QB. Jay has not earned it you see? How could he, he has a noodle arm.

You see any QB that does not have a MARINO arm is not worthy for some ppl. This is what you are dealing with. The cult of Marino personality.

Oliver...

KB21

How the hell is Jay not to get sacked when he was missing three starting Offensive Linemen?!? With having a pretty ****ty line, Jay did a great job last last 7 games or so.

Obviously, Rick isn't too sold on him since he wisely put an easy out in this contract. Do you not think that if Rick was so sold on Jay that he would have given a contract like this?

Dave is the only person within the Dolphins organization that is sold on Jay Fiedler, and that's only because Dave wouldn't know a good QB if he were standing in front of one. You are putting all your hopes into the opinion of a guy who traded a 1st round draft pick for Rick Mirer and pretty much wrecked the Chicago Bears because of his infatuation with limited players who work hard and have heart.

Rick is the guy who wanted to trade for Hasselbeck last year, which really makes me wonder about his ability to judge a QB. Rick is the guy who wanted to take Drew Brees in the draft. Wanny overruled him on both accounts, and will probably overrule him when he wants to take a QB this year. Wanny can't have anyone that could possibly show up his golden boy.

Well, I'm glad Wanny is going to be gone in 2 years.

Re: FYI...

Originally posted by Oliver

... KB is the kind of guy who thinks, scuse me knows he can do a better job than any GM in the NFL. You see even though this is just a hobby for him he knows more than the paid PRO's.

I believe KB is on the record as saying he will be a NFL GM by the age of 30 or 31. I believe KB is 22-24 years old right now.

He also expects perfection from all players but settles for less in his own life. He will harp on Jay Fiedler and say he needs to be prefect for him to ever get his respect, but KB can score less than AVG grades in school and that's just fine and dandy.

You see we are graced by his presence and insights (even though they are not his own); we are truly lucky to know him. Don't you get it? He is better than every person on the face of the earth and probably in the Universe.

And yes KB loves to argue and down right fight and make personal attacking posts to posters. You are seeing the kind and gentle KB right now. Just wait until he gets his feet wet here. Oh he's the bell of the ball.

Oliver...

Who do you know all this stuff about "KB"? Sounds like you're stalking him or something

Let me try and understand...

Obviously, Rick isn't too sold on him since he wisely put an easy out in this contract. Do you not think that if Rick was so sold on Jay that he would have given a contract like this?

Dave is the only person within the Dolphins organization that is sold on Jay Fiedler, and that's only because Dave wouldn't know a good QB if he were standing in front of one. You are putting all your hopes into the opinion of a guy who traded a 1st round draft pick for Rick Mirer and pretty much wrecked the Chicago Bears because of his infatuation with limited players who work hard and have heart.

Rick is the guy who wanted to trade for Hasselbeck last year, which really makes me wonder about his ability to judge a QB. Rick is the guy who wanted to take Drew Brees in the draft. Wanny overruled him on both accounts, and will probably overrule him when he wants to take a QB this year. Wanny can't have anyone that could possibly show up his golden boy.

Well, I'm glad Wanny is going to be gone in 2 years.

... your logic. Because Spielman does his JOB and gets a contract that is GOOD for the Dolphins this somehow implies he is not sold on Jay?

Care to back that up with actual proof, you know the real kind, not the kind you think is there in the corner laughing at you.

Of course you are happy Wanny will be gone one day. You said 15 minutes after he was signed the Dolphins will never make the play-offs with him as HC and Wanny would be fired within 2-years. OOOPS!

Let's not talk about your 5-11 prediction for the '00 season. Let's not talk about how you backed out of your bet with Dolphan_B. You owe him a, "YOU ARE A FOOTBALL GENIUS" post and you know it.

In short in 4-years that you have been posting on Dolphin MBoards you have maybe said 3 positive things about them. And they all revolved around Marino.

Oliver...

yeah that's it...

Originally posted by booyeah_

Who do you know all this stuff about "KB"? Sounds like you're stalking him or something

... I'm stalking him. Any more pearls of wisdom?

Why don't you ask him.

Oliver...

Kb you make good points in some respects. I think everyone knows Jay is not the golden boy that Aikmen, Marino, and Farve are or were, nor will he ever be. The things your missing are:
1) Miami has invested so much $ in defense that it make it hard to bring in super star qb, and the money being on that side of the ball you want them to win or lose games. You don't want a qb who will gun 30-40 times a game and put the d in jepordy.

2) Who would bring in at qb, and if it is anyone not in Miami currently how would you afford it.

3)You keep bringing up the screen passes, that was more of a issue w/the o-line. Chan was quoted last season saying he has to make the game plan more simple for the young guys on the o-line to grasp. Also you had 1 rookie wr, and 2 other guys that were first year players for the Dolphins. It takes time for a qb and wrs to get rythym down; thus; screen passes are an easy out.

4) The 4th thing you can look at Indy for further proof, Jay played the season w/no running game, no o-line, but still managed to improve on his comp %, passing yards, tds, and qb rating. Why don' t you ask Peyton Manning how hard that is.

Bottom line is no he is not Dan Marino nor will he ever be fit to carry his jock, is he the best option Miami has at qb right now...YES, and since I am Dolphin fan I am hopeing that our new o-cordinator that has helped out qbs in the past can also help Jay. The fact remains if they can't fix the running game or the run defense none of this debate will matter about Jay, because he won't have a shot from the get go.

Poor Poor KB

KB, you seem to like to grab hold of an opinion and stick with it until the bitter end, regardless of whether it's correct or not. It's time to give it up and give Jay a chance. I don't think it's fair for you to compare Fiedler to Brad Johnson either.....Fiedler's a better QB than Johnson, hands down. Since you like numbers let's look at some:

Brad Johnson: 340/559 with a 60.8% completion rate, 3406 yards, 13 TD's/11 INT's, and a 77.7 overall rating. This is the guy that had all kinds of hype about him in the off-season. This is the guy who had Keyshawn and couldn't get him the D*** ball in the end zone. This is the guy who had a ground game and an O-line.

Jay Fiedler: 273/450 with a 60.7 completion percentage, 3290 yards, 20 TD's/19 INT's, and a QB rating of 80.3. This is the guy who, as you said, nobody wanted. This is the guy who did nothing but keep the 'Fins in games in the fourth quarter. This is the guy who had a decimated O-line, a pathetic ground game, and had no go-to receiver until mid-season.

Also, Fiedler's YPA were also almost one yard more than Johnson's. Had Jay ventured into the free agent market this year he would likely have been the best of the bunch in the QB arena (granted, it is a week pool.) Numbers don't lie bro, so I think it's time to step off the Jay-hating soap box and get behind him; otherwise it's going to be crow and humble pie dinners for you next season.

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom