How should Miami use their money? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How should Miami use their money?

The Feverdream plan (a manifesto)

Resign Hunt, tag Wilkins, make a fair offer to AVG, resign Elliot, allow Williams to walk (but be ready if he gets low offers).

Draft 2 offensive linemen in the first three rounds (if a trade can be made).
Draft a larger back than we have on the roster (prioritize pass receiving and pass protection).

Bring in a cheap veteran RB... and then bargain-shop during the last wave of free agency.
Hopefully, you didn't write that in a remote cabin in Montana. LOL!

Christian Wilkins and Rob Hunt being resigned are my two big ones that need to happen. I would like to see Elliott and AVG back at the right price. Sounds like Connor Williams might miss some time into next season.

Definitely want to see a OT drafted early, think this will be Armstead’s last season. CB is going to be interesting to watch too. Cam Smith might be the guy, but Kohou struggled a lot last season and Needham was mostly an after thought. We need to bring in a vet.

Hopefully, you didn't write that in a remote cabin in Montana. LOL!
Heh!

No, not a Unibomber thing...

Years ago on another Dolphins board, there was this absolute fruitcake poster named Sporticus... just a raving loon, one of the most unbalanced Dolphins fans that I've ever encountered.
The sad sack had evidently been an assistant coach on a HS team somewhere and he thought he knew it all... and was confused when some teams didn't use the same terminology that he did.
At any rate, he was prone to these exceedingly long, ungrammatical rants that he called 'Sporti's Manifestos'... and 30 years later, I still remember how freaking crazy he was.
There are a few of us here that still remember this guy. We are not completely sure that this guy was real... but he was colorful.

Sooner or later kids have to play. Hes a first rounder for a reason. I hope he’s it
We drafted Cam in the 2nd round (51st overall)

I do agree he needs to play next season but I don’t think it’ll be smart to bank on only him to hold it down.

I’m not saying Miami needs to spend a lot of money on a corner by any means tho! We just need to find somebody that’s cheap with some starting experience that can give us reliable depth as well as be able to compete with him in camp.

Christian Wilkins and Rob Hunt being resigned are my two big ones that need to happen. I would like to see Elliott and AVG back at the right price. Sounds like Connor Williams might miss some time into next season.

Definitely want to see a OT drafted early, think this will be Armstead’s last season. CB is going to be interesting to watch too. Cam Smith might be the guy, but Kohou struggled a lot last season and Needham was mostly an after thought. We need to bring in a vet.

When it comes to our own free agents resigning Wilkins and Hunt hands down needs to be our first priority.

Next priority would be to try and resign Van Ginkel and Elliott but I wouldn’t break the bank for either tho.

Our last priority needs to be Wynn and Williams. I’d play hardball with both of them tho. I’m assuming Wynn will sign before Williams since Connor wants to wait to see how his rehab is going which is low key nice for us. If Wynn is willing to comeback on a super cheap deal to be a backup then I’m all for it regardless if we’re still waiting to see what’s up with Connor. I definitely could see at least 1 of them resigning to a cheap deal if not both. Even if Miami managed to bring back both on a cheap deal, I’d still try and land a reliable starting interior lineman on a bargain deal as well as draft a lineman in the first 2 rounds. Preferably round 1

Heh!

No, not a Unibomber thing...

Years ago on another Dolphins board, there was this absolute fruitcake poster named Sporticus... just a raving loon, one of the most unbalanced Dolphins fans that I've ever encountered.
The sad sack had evidently been an assistant coach on a HS team somewhere and he thought he knew it all... and was confused when some teams didn't use the same terminology that he did.
At any rate, he was prone to these exceedingly long, ungrammatical rants that he called 'Sporti's Manifestos'... and 30 years later, I still remember how freaking crazy he was.
There are a few of us here that still remember this guy. We are not completely sure that this guy was real... but he was colorful.
I think we could create an entire tv series just on the cast of characters on FH!

It’s pretty clear Miami will make a handful of moves like cutting players, restructuring deals, and extending players to clear up cap space before free agency begins.

It’s unknown how much cap space Miami will clear up but when you factor in our current situation and window then I’d say it’s pretty safe to assume it’ll be enough money for Miami to be somewhat aggressive.

When I say enough money to be somewhat aggressive, I’m basically saying enough money to resign our own free agents as well as enough money to add a few cheap free agents that could potentially help us next season. Don’t expect Miami to resign their own free agents while also adding a star free agent day 1 of free agency.

I’d personally like to see Miami resign Christian Wilkins, Robert Hunt, Andrew Van Ginkel, DeShon Elliott, and Connor Williams.

Then sign Kevin Zeilter, Jadeveon Clowney, Austin Hooper, and Derrick Henry.

Then draft an interior lineman in the 1st round like JPJ and an inside linebacker in the 2nd round.

Idk how much money Miami will realistically have after resigning most of our own free agents but I feel like the free agents I’d want Miami to sign would come fairly cheap.

All that being said, please tell me what you guys think about how I want Miami to approach free agency and let me know what you guys want Miami to do!!!

If your scenario plays out and a difference maker is there at WR at 21, I’m jumping all over that. I don’t believe what you hope to happen will happen so we’re probably back to a corn fed draft.

Best case scenario for me is, Wilkins and Hunt return but I’d wager both are gone. So a DT and a guard are possible FA targets.

My guess is Wilkins and Williams stay, while Hunt and Van Ginkel do not.

Top draft targets OG, TE and LB.

I think its too risky to go into the draft NEEDING a Center.

I couldn’t think of a much worse use of resources.
I honestly don’t think he’s gonna cost a lot. He’s 30 years old and has shown a decline.

Also seems like people forgot about the controversy surrounding the RB market last season…….

Miami would save close to $3 million by cutting Jeff Wilson so use that money plus 2-3 more million and I believe he’d come 🤷‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom