How should Miami use their money? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How should Miami use their money?

It’s pretty clear Miami will make a handful of moves like cutting players, restructuring deals, and extending players to clear up cap space before free agency begins.

It’s unknown how much cap space Miami will clear up but when you factor in our current situation and window then I’d say it’s pretty safe to assume it’ll be enough money for Miami to be somewhat aggressive.

When I say enough money to be somewhat aggressive, I’m basically saying enough money to resign our own free agents as well as enough money to add a few cheap free agents that could potentially help us next season. Don’t expect Miami to resign their own free agents while also adding a star free agent day 1 of free agency.

I’d personally like to see Miami resign Christian Wilkins, Robert Hunt, Andrew Van Ginkel, DeShon Elliott, and Connor Williams.

Then sign Kevin Zeilter, Jadeveon Clowney, Austin Hooper, and Derrick Henry.

Then draft an interior lineman in the 1st round like JPJ and an inside linebacker in the 2nd round.

Idk how much money Miami will realistically have after resigning most of our own free agents but I feel like the free agents I’d want Miami to sign would come fairly cheap.

All that being said, please tell me what you guys think about how I want Miami to approach free agency and let me know what you guys want Miami to do!!!
They aren’t re-signing all of those guys.

The Feverdream plan (a manifesto)

Resign Hunt, tag Wilkins, make a fair offer to AVG, resign Elliot, allow Williams to walk (but be ready if he gets low offers).

Draft 2 offensive linemen in the first three rounds (if a trade can be made).
Draft a larger back than we have on the roster (prioritize pass receiving and pass protection).

Bring in a cheap veteran RB... and then bargain-shop during the last wave of free agency.

Love the plan until the part we still go without a TE with potential to be good to great all around.

I honestly don’t think he’s gonna cost a lot. He’s 30 years old and has shown a decline.

Also seems like people forgot about the controversy surrounding the RB market last season…….

Miami would save close to $3 million by cutting Jeff Wilson so use that money plus 2-3 more million and I believe he’d come 🤷‍♂️
No thanks. He’s not even a scheme fit for Miami’s running game anyway.

I think we could create an entire tv series just on the cast of characters on FH!
Oh good Lord yes... there are a couple here (and one who recently left) who I'm pretty sure need mental health services... at least two who are clearly pretty high on the autism spectrum... plus the obvious trolls who probably are Jester or Billy fans.

It’s pretty clear Miami will make a handful of moves like cutting players, restructuring deals, and extending players to clear up cap space before free agency begins.

It’s unknown how much cap space Miami will clear up but when you factor in our current situation and window then I’d say it’s pretty safe to assume it’ll be enough money for Miami to be somewhat aggressive.

When I say enough money to be somewhat aggressive, I’m basically saying enough money to resign our own free agents as well as enough money to add a few cheap free agents that could potentially help us next season. Don’t expect Miami to resign their own free agents while also adding a star free agent day 1 of free agency.

I’d personally like to see Miami resign Christian Wilkins, Robert Hunt, Andrew Van Ginkel, DeShon Elliott, and Connor Williams.

Then sign Kevin Zeilter, Jadeveon Clowney, Austin Hooper, and Derrick Henry.

Then draft an interior lineman in the 1st round like JPJ and an inside linebacker in the 2nd round.

Idk how much money Miami will realistically have after resigning most of our own free agents but I feel like the free agents I’d want Miami to sign would come fairly cheap.

All that being said, please tell me what you guys think about how I want Miami to approach free agency and let me know what you guys want Miami to do!!!

Not trying to go OT, but I'd *LOVE* a thread on what FH thinks Miami/Grier/Mcd WILL do and not what anyone wants them to do. Different questions.
As far as what I want, I'd like to get as many of Williams/Hunt/AVG as possible. CB/ILB/ some backup OLmen. TE is low on my list because I don't think Mcd would get much production from him. Punter is a target, but not the reason ST sucked.
Normal disclaimer: No one knows anything with any certainty until current players are signed/released/restructured and FA settles out.

Oh good Lord yes... there are a couple here (and one who recently left) who I'm pretty sure need mental health services... at least two who are clearly pretty high on the autism spectrum... plus the obvious trolls who probably are Jester or Billy fans.
One Flew Over the Cukoos Nest.

Not trying to go OT, but I'd *LOVE* a thread on what FH thinks Miami/Grier/Mcd WILL do and not what anyone wants them to do. Different questions.
As far as what I want, I'd like to get as many of Williams/Hunt/AVG as possible. CB/ILB/ some backup OLmen. TE is low on my list because I don't think Mcd would get much production from him. Punter is a target, but not the reason ST sucked.
Normal disclaimer: No one knows anything with any certainty until current players are signed/released/restructured and FA settles out.
I feel you when it comes to McDaniel might not get production from a TE. That being said, he’s gonna have to figure out a way to get the TEs more involved in the pass game. I really think that is one of the things that’s holding us back outside of the O-Line issues.

After watching the playoffs, it seems pretty telling how important TEs are in today’s league.

Back
Top Bottom