How the Miami Dolphins Fell Apart - must read | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How the Miami Dolphins Fell Apart - must read

They get rid of overpaid players and replace them with worse overpaid players!! I think they should have kept one of the two linebackers (Dansby preferably), Bush as it wouldn't have cost that much, and possibly even Long. I would rather overpay an average LT who is a leader than play some scrub for cheap and get our qb killed

Lots of people on this board agreed with the Sturgis pick and getting rid of other vets as well. Long, Bush, Dansby, Burnette were all center pieces of debate among us as to their ages, health, and salary. It's only after they are gone can we now say we wish had some of them still. Can the players be accountable for their actions .... absolutely. Leadership is missing but these are grown men making bad decisions and they should be held accountable for those decisions.

The larger problem was Philbin getting rid of any vet who spoke out or opposed him. This team does have a large leadership void

Lots of people on this board agreed with the Sturgis pick and getting rid of other vets as well. Long, Bush, Dansby, Burnette were all center pieces of debate among us as to their ages, health, and salary. It's only after they are gone can we now say we wish had some of them still. Can the players be accountable for their actions .... absolutely. Leadership is missing but these are grown men making bad decisions and they should be held accountable for those decisions.

Which would be relevant if the people on this forum were receiving millions of Stephen Ross' dollars.

I do love that excuse though, how the fans agreed with the moves and thus its acceptable for Ireland to be wrong(or whatever the point is). Id prefer a general manager who knows more than the average fan, but thats just me.

I liked Carp....he won more games than lost, every kicker goes threw a slump some come out of it quickly others are ruined for life, Carp is a good kicker and I completely disagree we needed to spend a 5th round pick to replace him, especially when our depth is a weak as it is at LB and secondary and or OL sucks.....If Caleb was signed as a UFA and beat out Carp that's one thing but using a quality pick to replace him was unnecessary....

This article was right on the mark, making changes at one position that was a luxury while other positions need more attention....time to bring someone in who knows what it takes to win and his only agenda is winning...

Which would be relevant if the people on this forum were receiving millions of Stephen Ross' dollars.

I do love that excuse though, how the fans agreed with the moves and thus its acceptable for Ireland to be wrong(or whatever the point is). Id prefer a general manager who knows more than the average fan, but thats just me.

Excellent points....

Bush and Long were both gonna get overpaid, RB's are a dime a dozen and our OT was/is broken down. The problem is there was not enough other leaders/vets to lead. D.Bess would have been a smarter keep just for veteran leadership on the offensive side. Dansby was crap for the money and not a leader showing it by arriving out of shape to camp. We have Solai and Starks as defensive leaders, which in my books is plenty.

It was only a problem because the biggest leader on all championship quality teams is the QB and ours needs to step up in the leadership position. Other teams can get rid of aging vets because they fall back on Brady/Brees/Manning/Rodgers etc.....

Carpenter wasn't good at his job.

That wasn't the point of the article. Besides I was not on board with drafting a kicker in the 5th round to replace Carpenter anyway. Carp hit a slump for sure but maybe if we had enough talent to score more than 17 points a game he wouldn't have been put in so many must kick situations. I think we should have kept him, brought in another vet in camp to compete with him and then made the decision between the 2 vets. Carp is doing just fine up in Buffalo now. He was being paid $2.7 mil for a reason. We just forgot why because of his slump.

Our biggest leadership problem is J.Ireland right now. That is the only management position that needs to be replaced with a real proven leader. Poli anyone? Bringing in Dan in some sort of fashion to help RT out on the off the field stuff wouldn't hurt.

I cannot stand Riddick. He helped create a disastrous team in Philly.

Oh really,...so who our kicker is,is the reason we been sh*tty for 12 plus years!!!

Back
Top Bottom