How the Miami Dolphins Fell Apart - must read | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How the Miami Dolphins Fell Apart - must read

Problem is that the Dolphins have been a mess for the past 10 years or so even with it's 'veteran leaders'.

The Dolphins may not be dead but they sure smell funny.

Ty Law.Willie McGinest, Mike Vrabel, Teddy Bruschi, Richard Seymour etc etc
Every team let's over priced veterans go. Most teams spend their money on the young guys entering their prime.
The Steelers are notorious for doing so.
That's life in the salary cap world of the NFL

Easier to get away with it when you have Brady and Ben leading their teams. RT will provide us the same benefits when he steps up his leadership abilities!

If that were true we would have been lost game 1. Issues started at game 4 IMO from lack of coaching whether you say game day planning or the so called locker room issues. Players were playing but coaches took a hiatus and have never returned.

Letting guys like Long and Bush walk hurt this team this year. Not only because of their play (granted Long has been oft-injured) but because of the importance of continuity of leadership. Carpenter, to me, is a side note. He played well for us most of the time, then he choked when it counted and when we needed him to come through. The LB swap has proved to be a terrible move for multiple reasons: lost veteran leadership and on field production. We threw a lot of money at two guys that were, overall, pretty unproven. Guess what? We're ****ed and stuck with them. We're stuck with an o-line that is in shambles, we're stuck with two inexperienced running backs (one of which has a lot of talent - MILLER) who are having their confidence destroyed. We're also stuck with Mike Wallace, who I did not want us to throw money at for reasons that are becoming more and more obvious. This is a management issue more than a coaching issue. But with new management their will likely come new coaching. At this point, why not? We do have a decent nucleus of talent on this team. Unfortunately that nucleus doesn't have the support of a solid foundation. That is what needs to change.

Easier to get away with it when you have Brady and Ben leading their teams. RT will provide us the same benefits when he steps up his leadership abilities!

Steelers have been operating this way long before Roethlisberger. BTW, whatever happened to Jerry Rice and Joe Montana? Why did the 49'ERS let them walk.
This thread is foolish to anyone that has followed the NFL or professional sports in general

This team is pathetic. I didn't object to letting those guys go but didn't realize the void it was creating in the locker room. To be completely fair, the organization allowed Martin and Miller to groom under those guys for one season... They obviously didn't step-up when it was their time to lead...

I agree wholeheartedly. You can get rid of some of your leaders but not all. Carpenter was the last straw. Like anywhere else on the planet if you look at people as dollar signs on a balance sheet and treat them that way eventually the behavior comes back around. We may be seeing karma at its finest.

Back
Top Bottom