How we could draft 3 potential starters | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How we could draft 3 potential starters

In that scenario, Miami might pivot and go wide receiver in the 1st and guard/center in 2nd. Probably would add a 3rd rounder, which could be a linebacker to replace Baker (Wilson).

All guesses, of course.
I've been mocking and trade down in the first picking up an additional late 2nd/early 3rd. I then select the top OT available, then Center and then either DT (thinking Wilkins leaves) MLB or Edge.

I've been mocking and trade down in the first picking up an additional late 2nd/early 3rd. I then select the top OT available, then Center and then either DT (thinking Wilkins leaves) MLB or Edge.
I think Miami will trade down, unless someone too good to pass is there at 21. Verse would be one I wouldn't pass up.

I like Cooper and Wilson a lot at linebacker. Not sure there's a MLB that I like enough. Trotter maybe and he could drop due to size.

I think Miami will trade down, unless someone too good to pass is there at 21. Verse would be one I wouldn't pass up.

I like Cooper and Wilson a lot at linebacker. Not sure there's a MLB that I like enough. Trotter maybe and he could drop due to size.
I agree trading down would make sense unless there is a player too good to pass up.

I like Verse too and he fills a need.

Arnold would be a nice selection since we have to improve our secondary.

Cooper or Wilson might be available in the second round.

I'm not saying he is a shutdown corner. But for an undrafted kid, his value is good, especially given a new scheme. We have so many needs now, it will be interesting where the priorities are.
He doesn't suck. He definitely isn't a starter though. Spot play. I like him but we need a starter although i have a feeling they like x

I agree trading down would make sense unless there is a player too good to pass up.

I like Verse too and he fills a need.

Arnold would be a nice selection since we have to improve our secondary.

Cooper or Wilson might be available in the second round.
I love talking draft.

Best case scenario, for 2024 anyway, is that Miami gets creative with the cap and is able to keep most of their impending free agents.

If the Dolphins keep Wilkins, Van Ginkel, Hunt and Williams, then I think we can actually see net gains rather than net losses on the roster.

If Howard and Baker are the only significant departures, the needs would be reduced to (in no order) LG, receiving TE or complete TE, Baker's replacement, Howard's replacement, and a WR who can win those 50/50 plays consistently.

That LG ideally would be a player who can move to LT after Armstead retires, or fills in when he's hurt.

With a little luck, that might be close to doable in one offseason.

I love talking draft.

Best case scenario, for 2024 anyway, is that Miami gets creative with the cap and is able to keep most of their impending free agents.

If the Dolphins keep Wilkins, Van Ginkel, Hunt and Williams, then I think we can actually see net gains rather than net losses on the roster.

If Howard and Baker are the only significant departures, the needs would be reduced to (in no order) LG, receiving TE or complete TE, Baker's replacement, Howard's replacement, and a WR who can win those 50/50 plays consistently.

That LG ideally would be a player who can move to LT after Armstead retires, or fills in when he's hurt.

With a little luck, that might be close to doable in one offseason.
I'm of the mindset we try to keep Lamm on a year or two contract to subsidize Armstead if he doesn't retire. Push LT off to next year and get a swing tackle who can start as guard. Fautana was a good pick by Kiper. I haven't really delved into the draft yet though, so I will probably change who I would like here.

I'm of the mindset we try to keep Lamm on a year or two contract to subsidize Armstead if he doesn't retire. Push LT off to next year and get a swing tackle who can start as guard. Fautana was a good pick by Kiper. I haven't really delved into the draft yet though, so I will probably change who I would like here.
Yeah, that pick makes a lot of sense to me.

Bucky Brooks had Miami taking a center on his recent draft. That makes sense in a trade down scenario IMO. I think 21 is too high.

I could definitely see Miami letting Williams go and having Eichenberg and perhaps a rookie battle for center.

We can sign 3 starters with what we would have to pay Wilkins. Van Ginkel is just is impactful (possibly more at edge) and half the price

That would put us right back where we started.

I think you are dreaming when you say we can bring in three starters for what we would have to pay Wilkins, because none of them would be nearly as good as he has become.

I feel we need to focus on bringing in new players, as opposed to going the FA route of expensive players on the downside of their careers with less time available on the field due to injuries.

That would put us right back where we started.

I think you are dreaming when you say we can bring in three starters for what we would have to pay Wilkins, because none of them would be nearly as good as he has become.

I feel we need to focus on bringing in new players, as opposed to going the FA route of expensive players on the downside of their careers with less time available on the field due to injuries.
I was talking about Hunt, Van Ginkel, as two of them, and that would leave another $4 or $5 million for another one as Wilkins is reportedly looking for $24 million per year.

I was talking about Hunt, Van Ginkel, as two of them, and that would leave another $4 or $5 million for another one as Wilkins is reportedly looking for $24 million per year.
I thought you were just talking about some as yet unsigned FA's.
That is all.
I guess it really is the "silly" season. - LOL

Back
Top Bottom