How we could draft 3 potential starters | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How we could draft 3 potential starters

I just don’t think Bralen Trice game translates well to the nfl. I don't see him bullying nfl tackles that way he is slow and doesn't bend well.
I would love to draft Jared Verse but he probably won't be available to us. It always seems to be our luck that the player we really need is just out of our reach.

That was Tannenbaum who made that gaffe. We also passed on Randy Moss, Drew Brees and then there was the Iggy brain fart back 2020 by Grier, screwing up the draft is a Dolphins tradition.
I thought Grier went on record and said that he’s had final say since 2019. Not sure I’d admit that if I were him lol but it’s also just something I read here

I thought Grier went on record and said that he’s had final say since 2019. Not sure I’d admit that if I were him lol but it’s also just something I read here
Yes 2019 seems right thats when Gase and Tannenbaum were let go and the roster purge began, Flores became the HC and Grier was promoted to GM. I think Harris was drafted back in 2017 by Tannenbaum. I cant believe I almost forgot about the Dion Jordan fiasco back in 2013 LMFAO!

I heard about a 3 way trade having Tua going to the Broncos, Fields coming to the Dolphins and the Bears getting draft compensation mainly from the Broncos. The Bears dont need Tua as they are drafting Caleb Williams.
The Broncos wont take a QB that doesn't play well in cold weather.

Last edited:
I heard about a 3 way trade having Tua going to the Broncos, Fields coming to the Dolphins and the Bears getting draft compensation mainly from the Broncos. The Bears dont need Tua as they are drafting Caleb Williams.
FYI, this is how a Broncos fan site views the trade... In case it's too many words for you invalids to process, they think it's fantasy because Tua is way too good for that trade.

1000036406.png
1000036408.png

I agree with the trade down for sure picking up 91 or a 3rd round pick woukd be great. Take the best OL with the first pick regardless of where the pick is
Problem being at #27 after trading down you are probably talking the 6th or 7th best projected OT available.

I'm not a fan of Fields right now...he's still got a lot of growing to do...his pocket presence is not impressive...on most shotgun snaps he's a statue in just that one spot...no real feel or movement in the pocket...ill give him being a better scrambler than tua at this point....but trading for him you are just trading for different problems...so you'll still have problems and be complaining...

If we get rid of Tua we need to either outright upgrade or have a clear compatibility upgrade to McDs system...

I'm not a fan of Fields right now...he's still got a lot of growing to do...his pocket presence is not impressive...on most shotgun snaps he's a statue in just that one spot...no real feel or movement in the pocket...ill give him being a better scrambler than tua at this point....but trading for him you are just trading for different problems...so you'll still have problems and be complaining...

If we get rid of Tua we need to either outright upgrade or have a clear compatibility upgrade to McDs system...
I’d rather keep Tua and bring in Davis Mills to back him up/push him.

We could draft 3 starters, that part isn't impossible. It's just that at least two of the starters would probably be from cheaper positions.
For instance, if we were to trade down and pick up an extra 3rd round pick... we could draft one of the RBs or a Safety-- both positions go cheaply and both are on our list.
What we are unlikely to manage is getting 2 starting Offensive Lineman and an Edge.

So... it isn't just the number, it is the positional value.

Most touts have 3 centers ranked above the rest... in some cases, way above the rest.

Grabbing one of these three seems very doable in rounds one or two. Getting a RB, Safety, or WSLB is possible...

Now we have to figure out how to get another offensive or defensive lineman.

I won't say it's impossible.

We could draft 3 starters, that part isn't impossible. It's just that at least two of the starters would probably be from cheaper positions.
For instance, if we were to trade down and pick up an extra 3rd round pick... we could draft one of the RBs or a Safety-- both positions go cheaply and both are on our list.
What we are unlikely to manage is getting 2 starting Offensive Lineman and an Edge.

So... it isn't just the number, it is the positional value.

Most touts have 3 centers ranked above the rest... in some cases, way above the rest.

Grabbing one of these three seems very doable in rounds one or two. Getting a RB, Safety, or WSLB is possible...

Now we have to figure out how to get another offensive or defensive lineman.

I won't say it's impossible.
I’m hoping to trade down also to pick up a 3rd. My 1st and 2nd go for either a OT or C. Then focus the rest of the draft on some combo of Saftey, X receiver, MLB.

Back
Top Bottom