How we could draft 3 potential starters | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How we could draft 3 potential starters

Why not go for a Big, Smart, Quick Offensive Center and a Big, Tall, Strong TE with Excellent Hands and a Big, Strong, Fast, Smart, Aggressive Defensive Line Backer with our top three draft picks - based on the BPA available in those categories for our 1st three picks.

For the rest of our picks look at Taller Receivers with Excellent Hands and Good, if not spectacular, Speed and BPA Defensive players for any remaining spots we are weak in.

See how easy that is? - LOL
I can't imagine why no one has offered me a job as GM. - LOL

I would rather pay a little more for Wilkins than re-sign Hunt. I just dont want to commit that much money to an OG especially since I don't think of him as a difference maker. I think we can draft an OG in round 2 or 3 if we can acquire an extra draft pick or sign an OG in free agency at a much lower cost that Hunt without that much of a drop off.
Of course, we’ve been burning ****-tons of draft capital on O-linemen for years. Most of them have sucked ass.

I find it amusing when people say we should pass on re-signing our rare hits on the line, and just draft a cheaper replacement … we’ve been trying for YEARS now, but suddenly this is the year we’ll figure it out?!? :lol:

I saw on overthecap.com we are now more than $50M over the salary cap. I know Grier will release some players and restructure some contracts to get under the salary cap but we still wont have much money to spend in Free Agency so we will have to hit on our draft picks.

The Dolphins currently dont have 3rd or 4th round draft picks. We have a 1st 2nd 5th a couple of 6ths and a 7th I believe. I think trading down from number 21 with the Cardinals to 27 in exchange for pick number 91 in the 3rd round would make a lot of sense. We would have to give them back one of our 6th round picks to balance out the trade.

I think these 3 players could be immediate starters for us next year.

#27. DE/OLB Bralen Trice - Washington - With Phillips and Chubb likely to miss most of next season. This is our most pressing need even if we do re-sign Van Ginkel.

#55. C Jackson Powers- Johnson - Oregeon - Since Connor Williams suffered his ACL injury late in the season he probably will miss most of next season. I think it makes more sense to draft a Center or sign another Free Agent to replace him. Eichenberg can move back to OG. If Powers-Johnson is unavailable then we could select Georgia Center Sedrick VanPran. They are both considered to be taken around this range in the draft.

#91. OG Zak Zinter - Michigan - Replacement for Robert Hunt.

We still have massive needs in the secondary. We need a legit starter opposite Ramsey. We should probably address that in Free Agency and hope Cam Smith develops since X is likely to be released and Apple and Kohou both suck. We need another starting safety to pair with Holland. Elliott is a Free Agent so maybe we can upgrade in Free Agency.

We better hope we can retain Wilkins or that will create another huge need.

Baker might be released to save cap space so we will need another LB to pair with Long.
I wouldn't be mad at this but I think we need MLB's more than a DE/OLB. We can sign/resign olbs easily in FA. But I'm all for trading back and getting us back into the 2nd or 3rd rounds!!! OL and linebackers baby... every single pick

KK doesn't suck. He is in his 2nd year and was playing a new defensive scheme and on the outside. I think he takes another positive leap next season, which is pretty great value. Cam Smith should improve also. And Bonner might surprise us.
I think kader is good. Maybe a sophomore slump

Drafting 3 starters is great but they better be better than the 3 starters we’re going to lose because they will be making too much money. This year was our best shot. We need to hit a home run or two in the draft

Whats everyone thoughts on Jason Sanders? He did somewhat redeem himself with some good games, but still, we could save money, and potentially draft a starter there with a late round pick

Problem being at #27 after trading down you are probably talking the 6th or 7th best projected OT available.
In that scenario, Miami might pivot and go wide receiver in the 1st and guard/center in 2nd. Probably would add a 3rd rounder, which could be a linebacker to replace Baker (Wilson).

All guesses, of course.

I would rather pay a little more for Wilkins than re-sign Hunt. I just dont want to commit that much money to an OG especially since I don't think of him as a difference maker. I think we can draft an OG in round 2 or 3 if we can acquire an extra draft pick or sign an OG in free agency at a much lower cost that Hunt without that much of a drop off.
We can sign 3 starters with what we would have to pay Wilkins. Van Ginkel is just is impactful (possibly more at edge) and half the price

Back
Top Bottom