How We Feeling Today, FinHeaven? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How We Feeling Today, FinHeaven?

We do this every year. They hardly ever pick who the fans want. I wanted to trade down because going 103 picks between selections is an abomination.

Picking who the fans want would be a recipe for disaster.

Fortunately teams are mostly smarter than that and it’s picking who the owner wants that gets them in trouble

My main issue is I don’t see the need to swing for the fences when good players were sitting right there. Mitchell (22nd), Thomas (23rd), Morgan (24th) and Barton (25th) were all available and went in succession right after we picked. We are going to need to replace Armstead, Hill, Ramsey and Fuller in the next year or two. It seemed like an excellent chance to draft that guy.

I feel like drafting Robinson is basically admitting drafting Phillips and trading for Chubb has not worked out as planned and we need another EDGE player. We didn’t draft him because they are recovering from injury. We drafted him to replace Chubb (at some point).

Trying to trade back into the 1st is wild to me. The move screams that Grier and McDaniel were not on the same page with Robinson and one of them was pounding the table for another guy.
I wonder that as well. My guess is McDaniel wanted Worthy.

As to Robinson, you could be right. The players you listed were all guys that could have worked. I probably would have taken Thomas there, who is also a gamble on greatness.

To me, the pick was about matching up with the best teams. And to do that, you've got to pressure guys like Mahomes, Allen etc.

Who knows if it will work out. I hope Grier is right.

I'll admit my initial reaction wasn't ecstatic when Chop Robinson was picked. I had about eight players listed and he wasn't one of them.

But delving deeper, Robinson' explosion metrics are off the charts. Interesting, too, that Penn State used him inside at times to rush the passer. For someone at 254 pounds, his strength there showed. Definitely love his first step. Probably the best in the draft.

Yes, he is raw and there's no guarantees. But he's the type you swing the fences for.

As to day two, I feel like Miami almost has to go offensive line. If they don't, I won't panic but I think it's going to be tough to find offensive line late.

One final thought. If Grier was indeed trying to work back into the 1st round for Worthy, then I'd say wide receiver is a strong possibility. Franklin seems like a McDaniel type.
I was like you as well and he was not one of the Edge guys I wanted because of the sack numbers. After thinking about it and watching his tape, he does put a lot of pressure in the backfield. He says one of the reason he didn't have more sacks was the usage of his hands and placement. Who to better learn hands from than J Phillips and Chubb! You always see those guys working on hand drills pre-game. They have drills they do with each other.

I was like you as well and he was not one of the Edge guys I wanted because of the sack numbers. After thinking about it and watching his tape, he does put a lot of pressure in the backfield. He says one of the reason he didn't have more sacks was the usage of his hands and placement. Who to better learn hands from than J Phillips and Chubb! You always see those guys working on hand drills pre-game. They have drills they do with each other.
I think I dismissed him a little bit because of his size. But his success inside is very interesting. He's a strong guy.

Yes, we could have, maybe should have gone O-Line, but this pick could end up many times better then what we could have gotten for the line.

Don't be fooled by the anemic Sack stats, the guy was one of the toughest players to control when it came to pressure...Just needs to play a bit smarter, more controlled, and start finishing.

Shoulder Shrug Idk GIF by MOODMAN

View attachment 169557

Saw an awful lot of angry members even before the pick last night. Sadly, some may no longer be with us.

I hope the folks involved have calmed down and the burden and rigors of being a fan hasn't put anyone over the EDGE.

Rock on and may tonight's pick(s?) be more pleasing and satisfying. Like Dapper Dan! The pleasing odor is half the point!
Still frustrated, frustrated that we left multiple high level OL prospects on the board including two that I believe are going to play in the league for a long time and their metrics were rock solid.

We drafted a raw, smallish (6-3 254 32" arms) workout warrior/lack production on the field EDGE player that a bare minimum will need alot of coaching. Especially when were are in such need of OL, especially OLT/ORG. Barton or Guyton would have looked damn good plugged into our OL.

Everyone knows my distain for small players, this is just another one to the collection.....grumble.

Still frustrated, frustrated that we left multiple high level OL prospects on the board including two that I believe are going to play in the league for a long time and their metrics were rock solid.

We drafted a raw, smallish (6-3 254 32" arms) workout warrior/lack production on the field EDGE player that a bare minimum will need alot of coaching. Especially when were are in such need of OL, especially OLT/ORG. Barton or Guyton would have looked damn good plugged into our OL.

Everyone knows my distain for small players, this is just another one to the collection.....grumble.
Have at him @The Goat lol

Back
Top Bottom