How We Feeling Today, FinHeaven? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How We Feeling Today, FinHeaven?

Yes really, there is a reason he did not get as many Sacks as he should have.

He has the speed, he has good bend to get around/through linemen, he has the heart to fight through the end, but he still did not get many sacks in 3 years...Why?

His technique is still not great, he runs past ball carrier, he goes too hard at the QB, and allows himself to be pushed, or blocked passed the QB.

Refining his technique can help him not just get close to the QB/Ball carier, but finish the job with a sack, a strip, a tackle, or get a piece to allow someone else to finish it.

The phrase "start finishing" if one thinks about it ... contradictory (not an oxymoron)... like the pants I'm wearing are a "little big"

I’m completely fine with the pick. We live in a day and age in which every NFL fanbase & message board seems to have a glut of self appointed draft gurus who want to belittle differing opinions because they’ve watched highlight clips all offseason and they’ve got a podcast with 300 followers. Most of which couldn’t strap on a football helmet correctly if you handed them one.

None of us know how Chop will pan out, but I’ve got no problem with the pick because I watched the Miami Dolphin season come skidding to an end due to their inability to generate even the slightest bit of pass rush while they lined up with street free agents due to injuries across the board. I call that a pressing need and considering that Van Gink is gone and we are still waiting for Phillips and Chubb to get healthy, I think you can pound the table for an edge rusher just as much as you can for the Oline.

One of the things that stands out to me on Chop’s film is that often times if he’s not the one getting the sack, he’s the reason the sack happened due to his first step ability and forcing the QB off the spot he wants to be. I love his motor- the dude doesn’t take plays off and he seems just as disruptive in the run game.

I don’t think Miami reached for this dude and I think the selection addressed one of the 2 biggest needs this team had going into the draft. All that considered, I think all of the hand wringing over this pick is hysterical.

My hopes for today is that Miami goes OL in round 2 and somehow finds a way to add a 3rd or 4th round pick. It’s gonna be depressing if we make our 2nd pick and then sit on our thumbs until round 5.

Ill admit I never even heard of Chop Robinson until looking at draft prospects at end of season. Being from the south I'm all SEC. Of course watching Verse terrorize LSU and all the rest of the teams I was hoping for Verse, or like many of you OL help. For years we have all been pounding the table for OL help to no avail. Which brings me to Grier's comment in previous pc, "you guys(media and fans) are more worried about OL than I am". I realize the draft isn't over, Free Agency isn't over either, but come on Armstead is always injured and most likely in he last year, same can be said for Wynn, Lamm, Eich well he's just terrible. Can we rely on Robert Jones, Lester Cotton, Eichanberg to man the inside? My point being is our OL backups haven't progressed as fast as many of us would like.

As far as Grier goes I have a new nickname for him, "Reacher". He reached for Tindall 2 years ago, he reached for Cam Smith last year. Did he reach for Chop? I'm willing to wait until he plays meaningful snaps to make that judgement.

As far as today is concerned its a long wait from pick 55 to the 5th round. We have to try and acquire more picks

How do you know Cam Smith is a reach?

It’s ok we will all wait.

I’m completely fine with the pick. We live in a day and age in which every NFL fanbase & message board seems to have a glut of self appointed draft gurus who want to belittle differing opinions because they’ve watched highlight clips all offseason and they’ve got a podcast with 300 followers. Most of which couldn’t strap on a football helmet correctly if you handed them one.

None of us know how Chop will pan out, but I’ve got no problem with the pick because I watched the Miami Dolphin season come skidding to an end due to their inability to generate even the slightest bit of pass rush while they lined up with street free agents due to injuries across the board. I call that a pressing need and considering that Van Gink is gone and we are still waiting for Phillips and Chubb to get healthy, I think you can pound the table for an edge rusher just as much as you can for the Oline.

One of the things that stands out to me on Chop’s film is that often times if he’s not the one getting the sack, he’s the reason the sack happened due to his first step ability and forcing the QB off the spot he wants to be. I love his motor- the dude doesn’t take plays off and he seems just as disruptive in the run game.

I don’t think Miami reached for this dude and I think the selection addressed one of the 2 biggest needs this team had going into the draft. All that considered, I think all of the hand wringing over this pick is hysterical.

My hopes for today is that Miami goes OL in round 2 and somehow finds a way to add a 3rd or 4th round pick. It’s gonna be depressing if we make our 2nd pick and then sit on our thumbs until round 5.
It is ok to have a different opinion. I respect your opinion. The snide remarks are unnecessary.

I am feeling terrible about the draft so far and I happen to be someone who has been a big supporter of Grier in recent years.

At this point I give him a “D” for his first round pick. It would be an “F” but I still have some hope Robinson will turn out to be a decent backup for the Dolphins for the next 3-4 years.

Great motor and energy...but he's raw and needs help with his technique....and when and if he finally gets to turn the corner and produce he will be up for a new contract and away like Wilkins or Van Gink he goes?....we shall see...

Would this be a better place if we all held hands and sang kumbyyah

Would this be a better place if we all held hands and sang kumbyyah
Well that's a start. We all know that some ppl would be happy/angry with a particular pick.

It just seems to be too many ppl who would be angry NO MATTER who we picked.

The chronically depressed.

I would have been happy with Quinyon Mitchell, but I am sure many Dolphin fans would not have been happy.

I would have been happy with Quinyon Mitchell, but I am sure many Dolphin fans would not have been happy.
Good player no doubt. Our needs at Edge with JP/Chubb status up in the air trump's it. Guess CG and co have more info in that than we do.

Back
Top Bottom