How will Dolphins teach Tua to fall properly | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How will Dolphins teach Tua to fall properly

Some kind of training regarding falling couldn’t hurt, so why the f not

The problem is this.

In Martial arts, Jiu Jitsu whatever. They are not training you to fall with a 300 LB BEAST tackling and falling with you. Also it's controlled, and not with a FB in one hand.

If Tua starts making that a habit, he will start having hyperextended elbows, broken wrists and dislocated shoulders.

The late hit from Milano, Tua actually appeared to fall with preparation.

The cincy hit, there is no martial arts training that will help with that fall unless he let's go of the Football to brace for impact.

The GB hit? Again the training won't help. His body motion was naturally going one way, when the defender was pulling him in the complete opposite direction.

Name 1 person who had Bill Goldberg run full speed, pick him up and body slam them to the ground that took the fall gracefully?

MMA FIGHTERS also fight on a ring that pads their head if and when they fall backwards. Same with WWE.

So this whole simulation on falling is bogus because ots a controlled environment.

Unless you can simulate Terry Crews running full speed, picking you up and slamming you down with a FB in hand you can't simulate it.

The only hit Tua took, that Martial Arts training would assist with in the fall is the Milano late hit.

Any training he gets will be training without a FB in hand.

So understand, he will not have proper training on falling with a FB in hand.

Just understand what that means when Tua starts falling I a way to protect himself

How will Dolphins teach Tua to fall properly​

I say every time he walks past someone in the hallway, they push him. Inside the building and outside of it too.

Lol

This would actually be more beneficial and realistic.

When training it's controlled. I'm coming at you like this, you react this way.

You're not being trained to just run around and someone, at full speed blindly tackles you.

So your idea would actually be more beneficial as funny as it is

The problem is this.

In Martial arts, Jiu Jitsu whatever. They are not training you to fall with a 300 LB BEAST tackling and falling with you. Also it's controlled, and not with a FB in one hand.

If Tua starts making that a habit, he will start having hyperextended elbows, broken wrists and dislocated shoulders.

The late hit from Milano, Tua actually appeared to fall with preparation.

The cincy hit, there is no martial arts training that will help with that fall unless he let's go of the Football to brace for impact.

The GB hit? Again the training won't help. His body motion was naturally going one way, when the defender was pulling him in the complete opposite direction.

Name 1 person who had Bill Goldberg run full speed, pick him up and body slam them to the ground that took the fall gracefully?

MMA FIGHTERS also fight on a ring that pads their head if and when they fall backwards. Same with WWE.

So this whole simulation on falling is bogus because ots a controlled environment.

Unless you can simulate Terry Crews running full speed, picking you up and slamming you down with a FB in hand you can't simulate it.

The only hit Tua took, that Martial Arts training would assist with in the fall is the Milano late hit.

Any training he gets will be training without a FB in hand.

So understand, he will not have proper training on falling with a FB in hand.

Just understand what that means when Tua starts falling I a way to protect himself
I get it but I see many QBs each week get hit by the same 300lbers and they don’t always smack their heads like Tua always seems to do. They use their neck to keep their head off the ground, I’ve watched and rewatched and talk about it with my son. Then Tua gets pushed backwards, pushed and he whacks the cranium hard af on the ground. He 100% needs to work on hitting the ground. What is the downside? It could only help

I've said it multiple times, send him to the WWE performance center to learn how to fall correctly.

They would be more than thrilled to help for the free PR.

Something that i thought about too is how much his hip injury from college causes him to have PTSD with falling where he will do anything not to land on his hip.

I get it but I see many QBs each week get hit by the same 300lbers and they don’t always smack their heads like Tua always seems to do. They use their neck to keep their head off the ground, I’ve watched and rewatched and talk about it with my son. Then Tua gets pushed backwards, pushed and he whacks the cranium hard af on the ground. He 100% needs to work on hitting the ground. What is the downside? It could only help

Yeah I get it.

But we're talking about 2 hits and 2 falls leading to a concussion. 3 if you include the Milano hit.

How many times was Tua sent to the ground? Plenty of times there were no issues.

I mean guys like Stafford and Pickett had similar issues.

Also how many QBS like Allen and Burrow ( who's admitted to playing most likely through concussions) just didn't report symptoms?

I mean, I understand the theory of what could it hurt? So I get it.

I just think it's overblown with Tua and the concerns How he falls.

For me, fix the dang line to where we don't need to rely on Tuas quick release to mask how bad the line is and that will help.

I am sure if we looked at every QB in the league, every play they got tackled and I am sure you'll find plenty of awkward falls with then all. Or questionable results.

Since we wat h every play with Tua we are more aware of awkward falls then all the QBS we don't watch every play of

So it's gonna appear a certain way because we don't have an equal comparison. Just an end result that many gave already claimed we can't trust

You know that wristband he wears with the plays McD calls in late 🤭
Somebody writes in big letters “DON’T FALL ON YOUR HEAD!”

Here’s hoping that he stays healthy and will be back a better version in 23!

You know that wristband he wears with the plays McD calls in late 🤭
Somebody writes in big letters “DON’T FALL ON YOUR HEAD!”

Here’s hoping that he stays healthy and will be back a better version in 23!
Don't need to hope. He will be. 2022 was just the video preview to the biblical proportions of excellence we'll see from Tua next year. On top of that, our Defense will crush offenses like they are made of aged egg shells..

Back
Top Bottom