How Would Feeley Perform In Another System? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Would Feeley Perform In Another System?

Trackstar

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I came across an interesting thought in another thread today.

How well would Feeley perform in another system say New England or Indy?

How well would he perform with a complete supporting cast on offense? Many people think A.J has the raw tools to be an exciting QB. Others think he is just average, a good backup. But consider the progress A.J made at the end of last season. The flashes of "brilliance" so to speak. The New England Game. The T.D pass after dislocating his finger. Does A.J have what it takes to be good or even great if he has the supporting cast, like the one he had in Philly?
Just Imagane him in a different uniform with a great system and team.

A great system Philly had....... average numbers on that team AJ put up. A different team with a great system change nothing would.

I honestly think if put in the right system Feely has the tools to be a good quarterback. I could see him being a Jake Delhomme type player. I think our offense is going in the right direction, and if given a chance Feely will shine.

We'll find out this year. He's going to have a new system and a (mostly) new supporting cast. He doesn't have to go any where, we're changing all of it for him. I'm interested to see what he can do with a better system, but I'm honestly not to hopeful.

0-0-0yards-0ints-0tds

He'd be greatly improved cause he'd be on the bench

Yoda said:
A great system Philly had....... average numbers on that team AJ put up. A different team with a great system change nothing would.

But he was winning. With more experience his play will improve significantly. Look at the year Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl with the Ravens. All he was asked to do was manage the game and make the occasional deep throw to keep the defense honest. The running game and the defense did the rest.

My point is Feeley did well in a system that was supportive. With the experience he gained last season and the raw tools he has now, I see him being an adequete starting QB for this team.

Also, Philly did not have a good recieving co. when Feeley was there, it was tough for any qb to put up big #'s in Philly. They had a good system, but not many weapons at his disposal. Do you see where I am going with this?

I have faith in that Feeley can get the job done, last year wasnt a fair shot for a new qb. We had no o-line, no rb, and our defence was so tired because they were on the field bout 45 min out of 60 min. Now that our o-line has improved, we have 2 quality rb (ricky maybe) and our defence will be better than ever. this year will show us just how good he is.

FinFan90 said:
I have faith in that Feeley can get the job done, last year wasnt a fair shot for a new qb. We had no o-line, no rb, and our defence was so tired because they were on the field bout 45 min out of 60 min. Now that our o-line has improved, we have 2 quality rb (ricky maybe) and our defence will be better than ever. this year will show us just how good he is.

He's not a new QB, he has been in the league for 4-5 years. He isn't a rookie and shouldn't be treated like one. We are the only team I know that would consider our "QB of the future" to be a former 5th? round pick who sat the bench for 3 years and somehow vaulted him to 2nd round value. I hope he plays well because I want to see the team win of course...but at the same time I would rather have used that 2nd on a developmental QB that was younger and had proven more in college.

feeley has okay physical tools, but from what i've seen for him so far, he does not process things mentally well or quick enough to be a success in any system imo.

Trackstar said:
But he was winning. With more experience his play will improve significantly. Look at the year Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl with the Ravens. All he was asked to do was manage the game and make the occasional deep throw to keep the defense honest. The running game and the defense did the rest.

My point is Feeley did well in a system that was supportive. With the experience he gained last season and the raw tools he has now, I see him being an adequete starting QB for this team.

Also, Philly did not have a good recieving co. when Feeley was there, it was tough for any qb to put up big #'s in Philly. They had a good system, but not many weapons at his disposal. Do you see where I am going with this?

You said it all! ADEQUATE! if thats all you think he will be. your probably right. I for one would like to see a qb who is more than adequate in there.

How Would Feeley Perform In Another System?

We'll find out in a few months.... Old Coordinator - Chris Foerester
Old Running game - Scrub Rbs coming off the street to play for the phins
Old Blocking Scheme - Wise

Everything on offense has change except for the players who make it work. Throw Ronnie, Ricky, D.Bo into the mix.

If you think A.J would have no better a season this year...... well then your hate for him is blinding your football knowledge. Or something like that

eddie4fins said:
You said it all! ADEQUATE! if thats all you think he will be. your probably right. I for one would like to see a qb who is more than adequate in there.

Thanks man. I would love to see A.J blossom into a great QB, but at the very least I hope he can just be good enough (Adequet) to manage the games and win until we find the Qb of the future. Imo Feeley does have the ability to become a good QB.

Back
Top Bottom