How would you feel if Houck installed a cut block scheme? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How would you feel if Houck installed a cut block scheme?

whatsburning said:
Has the cut block been a part of Houck's scheme in San Diego or wherever else he has coached? If not, then why even post this?
Why respond?

Megatron said:
We've seen teams with questionable O-lines use cut blocks to even the playing field. How would you feel if the Dolphins started doing it. I personally think cut blocks are the most underhanded plays in football. Thoughts?

That is not HHs scheme...so I wouldn't worry about it...You never saw Dallas do that stuff in the early 90's did you ? I have questions about the ethics of that style of blocking, but as of now, it is legal so even if he did, what is the problem ??

Its not happening as we have the wrong kind of lineman (Big guys rather than smaller more agile ones) and its not a scheme Houck has used... However were we to install it i would be fine with it, its within the rules and thus a perfectly acceptable technique in the pursuit of winning football games

I am so pro doing whatever it takes to win (see sig), however this one is a different horse for me. If I'm a hypocrite then so be it but I totally think the chop block should be illegal. I know they tried to pass that in the owners meetings this year but a few teams objected (enough to stop the measure.)

Legal or not, the play is too risky and while i don't care about the character (off the field) i do care about the fairness and quality of the game itself. I feel like chop blocks cheapen the game. Too many players get hurt and its a sign of weakness "if you can't block a guy, chop him" :shakeno: It is legal though so we do have to deal with it but that doesn't mean we have to do it. The phrase my mom always told me comes into play hear " if all your friends jumped of a bridge would you jump too?"

Injures people, hurts careers and subsequently players families...No!

kbeath said:
a cut block is one on one and there really havent been many injuries from them I can think of one. If it was that dangerous they would have stopped them.
There's lots of injuries from them.

Megatron said:
We've seen teams with questionable O-lines use cut blocks to even the playing field. How would you feel if the Dolphins started doing it. I personally think cut blocks are the most underhanded plays in football. Thoughts?

i don't care if he made them wear tu-tu's under their uniforms and had them hold hands and dance in a circle singing kumbiyah whenever the team scored if it made them better.

Alien said:
no, i would not accept it even for a win, i know its football and injuries can happen easily but theres no need to increase the chance with cut blocks that hurt the knees, legs are harder to repair than your arms or chest and tearing of the knees could impair a person for life, i see no honor in cutblocking, its a cheap method that although it breeds success, it can ruin some player's careers.

Cutting below the knee is dangerous but y not above the knee and below the waist. Our coaches taught us that method and it takes the person down quick, and doesnt come close to their knees. Cutting is very effective and it would be stupid to just let the defender by you and crush your quarterback like u mentioned in ur previous post.

Back
Top Bottom