How would you feel if Houck installed a cut block scheme? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How would you feel if Houck installed a cut block scheme?

Megatron said:
I agree 100%. But some people on here are willing to accept anything for a win. I just want to see what people would accept it.

you mean like all those people that want ricky back?

I don't have a problem with the team doing anything that's within league rules.

Football's not exactly an injury-free game anyway. People get tackled, people get hurt. If you don't want to risk being hurt, you shouldn't play football.

Honestly, the only reason cut blocking is still legal is probably because most of the teams don't do it. If half the league were doing it every week and guys started getting hurt left and right, they'd probably change it. In the meantime, why give those two or three rouge teams an advantage? Let the league worry about the ramifications.

Sure it's legal, so if teams do it, whatever, I don't like it simply because of the risk of injurt, however, Houck does not teach the cut block nor do I think he'll start. He believes in technique and attitude... I'm not worried about our O-Line cut blocking!

I know, my first thread and I'm going against most of you - rip me apart. Someone stated that if you need to cut someone, then the other person has better technique. I can't disagree more. Part of having good defensive technique is staying lower than the offensive player. If you are high enough to be cut, then you should be cut. I'm not saying someone who does the cutting has better technique, but I am saying they are taking advantage of a player who does not have good technique overall. Good defensive technique prevents the O-linemen from being able to properly cut you - it only keeps your arms down which prevents the D player from getting in the way of the quick pass/slant. I think more injuries happen today because of the size of the players and not cutting the players allows the big D players to have sloppy technique and therefore stay big. When a big guy whacks a RB or squashes a QB, they are doing much more damage than what a cut block does to them. Crack-backs and high-low double-teams, I agree, are completely illegal and should remain that way, but IMO, cut blocks are legal and should stay that way. Defensive players should need to have good technique too.

I wouldn't like it. It's a cheap play that ends people's careers. I hope the league makes it illegal soon, but either way my concept of morality isn't limited to what's legal. History is rife with examples of laws that were clearly immoral(ie. laws that allowed you to kill your own slaves or beat your wife). It would be clearly immoral to end someone's career to win a game even if you did it legally.

In high school we would practice cut blocks for a good 20 minutes at full speed. A cut block should happen below the knees so you knock the guy over. When you cut at the knees the d-lineman don't fall down. I never saw one injury from a cutblock. Come on guys this is football, not any other sport. Not everyone can play the sport and guess what cutblocks well always be around.

First of all, I would have to agree that cut blocks are one of the most underhanded plays in football. I don't like how teams like Denver and Atlanta use that schemes, and get away with it because of the fact it is legal in the NFL as of now, but I can tolerate it. And I would probably feel the same way if Houck used in for our O-line. I may not like it at first, but I'd tolerate it and give Houck and O-line my 110% support just like the rest of this team. I personally would rather have him teach our O-line and make them better in a much more positive not so underhanded or "cheap" way. Because I for one don't like injuries regardless of what team, but I understand that this is football and in football you get hurt. But I think that cut blocking is just a dangerous hazard in the NFl that should probably be banned. I bet they eventually will outlaw it, but until than I'm just going to tolerate it. But as Miami Dolphin fan, if that's what it's gonna take to make our O-line better, than so be it... I'll be able to tolerate but I don't have to like it.

NoblePhin said:
Cutting below the knee is dangerous but y not above the knee and below the waist. Our coaches taught us that method and it takes the person down quick, and doesnt come close to their knees. Cutting is very effective and it would be stupid to just let the defender by you and crush your quarterback like u mentioned in ur previous post.
i didnt say to let him go by you, make an effort to block him at least, but dont cut him, my coach teaches us to crawl on all 4s into out blocks that go well abover the knees also but its not like what some of the bronco linemen do where they will dive almost straight at their knees!:yell: that ticks me off so much, i have no idea why it hasnt been banned from the nfl yet:shakeno:

We dont need it the only reason denver and Atlanta use it is because they are desperate to have a great offense, that they would do anything. For the Record I'm not bad mouthing Vick, just the team's philosophy, same thing goes for Denver.

Cut blocking is just terrible! How can the NFL allow something like this to continue? A crying shame...

Oh and by the way, tell your defensive lineman to be sure to look over their shoulders on every play, Opening Day! :evil:

BocaBronco said:
Cut blocking is just terrible! How can the NFL allow something like this to continue? A crying shame...

Oh and by the way, tell your defensive lineman to be sure to look over their shoulders on every play, Opening Day! :evil:
My point is made for me, thank you.

BocaBronco said:

:yell: :fire:

I would use the technique on occasion. For instance, I wouldn't mind the team using it against the Broncos D on opening day. Give them a dose of their own medicine and watch the man with no upper lip ***** about it in his post game news conference.

BocaBronco said:

oooooh, so now the broncos cut block aaaaand clip:lol:

Back
Top Bottom