Howard Is the worst! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Howard Is the worst!

You really can't give flores alot of crap considering the defensive players he has to work with
That certainly doesn't prevent people from giving Rosen a lot of crap.

But honestly, who gets a pass this year and who doesn't? And if everybody gets a pass, what's there to evaluate this year and who will we keep and who to get rid of next year? In my opinion, nobody gets a pass and the coaching staff hasn't really made a case for themselves. Yet.

Of all the players on the roster to put on blast, and it’s Xavien Howard?!

Keenan Allen had been averaging nearly 10 receptions and well over 100 yard per game yet he was held to 5 rec for 48 yards and no scores today.

I get that X didn’t defend him on every play, but he was matched up on him a ton.

Why on earth anybody would land on X as a scapegoat in today’s game is perplexing to say the least.

As I’ve asked in seemingly too many threads lately, wtf is wrong with people?
The reality is, Howard was a bit overrated by some. Out of his three years in the league, he had a stretch of around 14 games where he was playing very good football. He also had a lot of ints last season, quite a few of which were "right place, right time" plays.

Now he gets 75 mil, and everyone expects lock down.

Guess what, he was never that, against top receivers, to begin with.

There is so much hype in the NFL. X is an outstanding talent but he's part of an awful defensive unit so he looks bad as well. That's why Minkah wanted out, he couldn't take looking bad every week. X is a Pro Bowl level athlete and easily the best player on our Defense.

So Howard held the guy who just came off a 183 yards, 2 TD performance to 5 receptions for 48 yards and he sucks? (Allen is leading the NFL in receiving BTW).

So Howard held the guy who just came off a 183 yards, 2 TD performance to 5 receptions for 48 yards and he sucks? (Allen is leading the NFL in receiving BTW).

X is able to lock down guys like allen because they are slow.

all i heard last week was amari cooper is elite. he didn't look so elite last night getting locked down by marshon lattimore. but like cooper, lattimore clocked in the 4.3s at the combine. X is a 4.5 guy.

i loved the X pick. even said he was going to become a pro bowler on this site. but i don't think i would have made him the highest paid corner in the league.

X is a good player, but it will be hard for him to preform up to his contract until we have a team capable of winning games. He is a playmaker. He capitalizes on errant/miss timed throws and turns them into INTs. He is not a lockdown corner. He will never be a Gilmore level coverage guy. With the team being so bad QBs have all day to pick coverages apart. He will have good games and bad games. By no means should he be a scapegoat though; the rest of our secondary are literally bums compared to him.

He was never a lockdown cb.

He's an amazing pure ball hawk. Those kind of guys need a pass rush. Miami has none therefore he gets "beat" after 5 seconds.

X can erase a WR on another team. It might not always be their top WR, but it could be their 2nd. We badly need a 2nd CB on this roster, as well as a pass rusher 3 down LBer, safety, #1 WR, OL, RB, TE, QB.

Hell, we just need a new roster.

X is able to lock down guys like allen because they are slow.

all i heard last week was amari cooper is elite. he didn't look so elite last night getting locked down by marshon lattimore. but like cooper, lattimore clocked in the 4.3s at the combine. X is a 4.5 guy.

i loved the X pick. even said he was going to become a pro bowler on this site. but i don't think i would have made him the highest paid corner in the league.

All I will say is that it's hard to shine when you are encapsulated in a black hole. I've seen him shut down too many of the league's elite players and pick off too many good QB's too have much doubt in the man. He's also humble and not a diva like so many CB's.

Once this thing gets rolling (2020 and beyond), everyone will know why he got paid....and in a year or two, his contract will look like a bargain. He earned his payday, IMO.

The reality is, Howard was a bit overrated by some. Out of his three years in the league, he had a stretch of around 14 games where he was playing very good football. He also had a lot of ints last season, quite a few of which were "right place, right time" plays.

Now he gets 75 mil, and everyone expects lock down.

Guess what, he was never that, against top receivers, to begin with.

Maybe he is what you claim, maybe he isn't. That wasn't the point.

Of all the players to singled out for being terrible or at the root of the teams biggest deficiencies, Xavien Howard is quite far down the list. Yet someone inexplicably felt the need single him out over everyone else. IMO, that's beyond ridiculous.

I'm reminded of a saying I once heard "They're complaining about mouse #$%^ when there's elephant #$%^ everywhere!"

I believe that same flawed thinking can be applied here.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom