Howard | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Howard

I have a complaint that on Jason Sanders 15 FGs this year, not one has been equidistant from both uprights. Guy isn’t as good as his 100% FG accuracy suggests. We should cut him or try to salvage a 7th rounder for him now.
This is not like diving where points are deducted for the size of the splash upon entry into the water. We don't get any extra points for the ball being equidistant from both uprights. His job is to kick it through. Let's just be grateful that we have a decent kicker and he is striving for goal kicking perfection.
BTW - I wouldn't trade him for a 7th round pick.

Another lucky pick thrown right too him ?
I thought he did a nice job of jumping the route. Didn't seem like the receiver was trying to reach back for a pass thrown behind him. Obviously Flacco thought he had an open receiver there or he wouldn't have tried that pass. X made a great play. Let's cheer for our guy!

This is not like diving where points are deducted for the size of the splash upon entry into the water. We don't get any extra points for the ball being equidistant from both uprights. His job is to kick it through. Let's just be grateful that we have a decent kicker and he is striving for goal kicking perfection.
I was being sarcastic :)

Howard has been great when he can stay healthy. The issue is that he has spent most of his career banged up or on IR. He doesn’t seem to get a ton of chances to build on his on field success without some sort of set back. I was, and am, a critic of his contract given the extensive injury history he has. That being said, I am 110% in favor of him staying healthy and proving me wrong any day.

I think, unlike Jason Sanders, you missed the point.

And this is precisely why they are paying them as much as they are. Having them out there allows us to do so much more w the other 9 guys on the field. It’s night and day vs when Jones was out of the lineup.

Correct. Some complain some of Maimi's sacks are 'coverage' sacks, but overlook why.

Just remember the, “dump that contract” guys are still out there and one will start a thread just like this one if something negative happens with X. Some folks can’t help themselves when it comes to being right. They’ll look wrong forever but once something changes that can make them look right they have to point it out.

This is happening overall to our society. We seem to need to always complain about something.
I see that too, sadly. People want to complain or blame, which manifests nothing but chaos, uncertainty, or more negativity. Once people learn that the emotional vibrations of gratitude and appreciation are the language to manifest desires, health, & prosperity, society will change for the better!

Let's just be grateful that we have a decent kicker and he is striving for goal kicking perfection.

I remember a lot of flak over the selection of Sanders, who IIRC was identified by the kicking/special teams coach as a potential stud.

I’d say that selection looks pretty smart right about now. Ask the teams around the league who have been suffering for years to find a competent FG kicker.

I remember a lot of flak over the selection of Sanders, who IIRC was identified by the kicking/special teams coach as a potential stud.

I’d say that selection looks pretty smart right about now. Ask the teams around the league who have been suffering for years to find a competent FG kicker.
Yes it was Special Teams Coach, Darren Rizzi (now in New Orleans) who found both Sanders and Haack and both are contributing. I wouldn't swap Sanders for any other kicker in the league, he's totally focused.

He’s catching dvp for team mvp. Playing at a much more consistent technique clip of late.

he was the player of the game Sunday vs the jets. Two terrific come off his primary assignment tackles and running underneath crossing routes. Playing to his leverage

x is ballin

I think some of it has to do with, in the past we've seen better wide recievers and qb's have their way with X at times. I know every CB is going to get beat from time to time, but in some games X just looked 7th round pick bad. Almost T Buck bad, where he was trying to think where the ball was going to go instead of actually covering. I'm also never going to complain about INT's, the route he jumped this week was nice, but in the past, it seemed like 50% + of his INT's were horrible throws, like X was the only one that could get anywhere near the ball the WR was so out of place or throw was so bad.

X is playing lights out this year though, combine that with hopefully a healthy By. Jones, and McCain picking it up, IF Iggy can show some first round talent then Ogbah might see mid teen sacks.

I dont pay attention to everyones MO around here in regards to certain players, but i would hope that people who are praising all the pics by X in this thread, would not be the same one discounting Minkah in his posts. Because Minkahs TO's seem to be a higher rate of luck then X's by a country mile

Where are the people that tried to trade him in the off-season? Lol Howard tied for the league lead in ints and gotta be leading the race for DPOY right now.

Back
Top Bottom