Hue Jackson? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hue Jackson?

jimthefin

Club Member
Reaction score
How would everyone feel about Hue Jackson as the next HC of the Fins?

He seems to be a very creative play designer and play caller.

Sure the Bengals have a ton of offensive talent but that is always true of coordinator's who are getting HC interest.

Home run hire in my book... He gets it. Young, hungry, second time around as a head coach. He's my top choice

Hue will have several options to choose from and I doubt Miami will be on his short list. Save the weather and no state tax arguments. He will go where he thinks he has the best chance to succeed. Not many guys get second chances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hue will have several options to choose from and I doubt Miami will be on his short list. Save the weather and no state tax arguments. He will go where he thinks he has the best chance to succeed. Not many guys get second chances.

is he the guy that traded everything to get Palmer? If so, means he's going to go where he thinks he has the best QB = chance of being successful. Anyone know why he got fired after 1 year of 8-8?

Not hard to be creative when you have Sanu, AJ Green, Marvin Jones, Tyler Eifert, Gio Bernard, Jeremy Hill and a solid O-line.

is he the guy that traded everything to get Palmer? If so, means he's going to go where he thinks he has the best QB = chance of being successful. Anyone know why he got fired after 1 year of 8-8?

Because he has a history of ruthlessly running over everyone in order to grab power.

"I'm going to take a stronger hand in this whole team, this whole organization," he said, fully aware that Davis' son, Mark, planned to hire a general manager in the offseason. "There ain't no way that I'm going to feel like I feel today a year from now. I promise you that. I ain't feeling like this no more. This is a joke. To have a chance at home to beat a football team that is reeling after being beaten in Detroit, who's one of your rivals and they come in here and beat us like that. I'm going to take a hand in everything."

Many outsiders viewed that comment as a power grab, with one rival executive saying, "Perception in this business is reality. Some owners hear that and say, 'I don't want that guy in our building because of the way he challenged ownership when he was going down.'"

http://www.si.com/nfl/2013/03/05/hue-jackson

Last thing this organization needs is more infighting.

From what I recall, his time in Oakland coincided with Al Davis passing away and I think Jackson got caught up in the politics of the team reorganizing.

He seems to have a good offensive mind and I think had some success with a not so good Oakland team in that one year.

Everyone is throwing names around but you guys are forgetting the most important thing about the hire of a head coach...... Who he brings with him. I don't want any more young and 1st time coaches. I get the feeling Ross doesn't either. WHY? because they don't have enough connections to bring in a qualified staff. Miami need assistant coaches that can teach and develop players. otherwise they're going to be looking for a new coach every 3-4 years.

Hue is a good idea. second time around coach with several years in the business. I would assume he could get in some decent coaches to join him.

my hunch is we are going to see an older coach take the Miami job. Wade comes to mind. Mike Smith maybe.

I'm not saying this is my picks.... I just get a hunch this is what Ross is going to be looking for.

even less get 3rd chances, he will have to be very picky.

Because he has a history of ruthlessly running over everyone in order to grab power.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2013/03/05/hue-jackson

Last thing this organization needs is more infighting.

His biggest mistake wasn't feeling that way but voicing it. But I'm sure he learned from that. Maybe I'm crazy, but I want a guy like that. Someone who has enough confidence in himself to make proclamations like that. The opposite of reserved, subtle Philbin. I think the Raiders would have done well to keep him and I hope we get him.

even less get 3rd chances, he will have to be very picky.

Exactly. The Dolphins are a mess. I think a lot of fans are going to be disappointed and angry with the results of the coaching search.

Exactly. The Dolphins are a mess. I think a lot of fans are going to be disappointed and angry with the coaching search.

This is why a guy like Mike Smith and Wade Phillips or Doug Swartzs come to mind

Exactly. The Dolphins are a mess. I think a lot of fans are going to be disappointed and angry with the results of the coaching search.

You might be right. Will be interesting to see how far Ross blows this up and if it influences the candidates at all.

Sure is a shame, at a time when we need a experienced HC, OC & DC and we are such a mess that candidates might avoid us.....

Doug Marrone / Mike Smith / Jim Swartz - any combo of the 3 is a win for Miami. Personally would prefer Marrone......

I like some of the points made here. Older experienced guys have seen what works and doesn't. They also possibly have more connections with coordinators and what they can bring here coaching wise. I still think Mike Shanahan is a good option. He's won Super Bowls and assembled staffs before. He is not my pick, but he should interview at least. I will not want Pagano, it was obvious while he was out that it was Arian's team.
If Ross did say he would be open to a HC with personnel picking power, that may open some doors previously closed.

Back
Top Bottom